Social Boston cancels advanced classes (be less white, and Asian while you're at it)

i hadn't seen this before.

i kinda wish i still hadn't. wtf.

<JagsKiddingMe>

LOL I have seen it before and watched again for whatever reason.
And like you now I wish I had not.
What a moronic idiot she is.

Stupidly for all!!!

Maybe , on average blacks and Latinos are just not as good at math?
Combination of education and natural abilities since there are some differences in ethnic groups?

Homeschooled children always win the national spelling bee every year. They significantly out perform kids that go to regular schools.
I did my last years of college full time. Was doing it part time for years. I did 51 credits in one year and was on the deans list. I found that college also slowed down my learning. As it was harder to have time and mental fortitude to read on my own. College all the way down to probably first grade is pointless. It’s probably the least effective way to reach and reach kids now

Its so dumb, I don't see the point.
The solution to black people being less successful is not to ask why they are less successful but instead to not allow ANYONE to be successful anymore.

well what else would you suggest? Hold all students to the same standard academically and disciplinary? That’s nonsense.

most minorities don’t have access to the internet and even if they do they can’t find information on on how it works to even schedule an appointment for instance. Most don’t know where the dmv. Is to get a basic ID or license.

I’ve never know any minorities. I’ve seen some in person maybe a couple of times every few years.
So what I know about them is from the internet and the potus speeches.
which is a fair assessment of character in my opinion.

It is when one group kept others from being educated for hundred of years. It when one group that had control over different sectors of economics. We can go down all the advantages one group in North America if you want.

Sports is different because it's the cold truth of performance in front of your competition and people watching.

You're aware that alot of knowledge was taken from conquered civilization right? Do you think one group came up with all the ideas intellectually alone?

If so ,we can debate what technology, ideas and inventions originated from.

what was stolen from these civilizations ?

well what else would you suggest? Hold all students to the same standard academically and disciplinary?

Uh, yes.

Wtf are you talking about?

Academics means you have standards.

You don't get more equality by lowering the standards, you get it by gradually giving other groups more resources so they can get to the standards. Even then there may still be differences and that's just the way it may be.

Can't believe I'm having to explain this to an adult.

Maybe , on average blacks and Latinos are just not as good at math?
Combination of education and natural abilities since there are some differences in ethnic groups?
I don’t buy that at all. Being good at math requires daily practice more than any natural ability. Usually kids aren’t motivated on their own. My theory is less parental involvement.

I don’t buy that at all. Being good at math requires daily practice more than any natural ability. Usually kids aren’t motivated on their own. My theory is less parental involvement.
You don't buy it on ideological grounds.

Yes it involves practice to get good but there are differences between groups athletically and in some cognitive task abilities as well this is well documented.

Are you going to research and study history and how we got here today? Or are you going to believe one group thought of everything ?
Nobody has ever made that claim. All new knowledge is built on old knowledge.

Nobody has ever made that claim. All new knowledge is built on old knowledge.

Agree. That's why I said no one group is more intelligent than another.

Does China have an advanced class for 9 year olds? I assumed they didn't split students up until later when they had more of an established base. Of course wealthier kids there get a lot of extra tutoring outside of regular school and that gets them in to top schools at a much higher rate when they do get to that age.

Can someone on the right explain the reasoning behind this decision and then give an alternate solution to the problem that doesn't hurt more intelligent kids? That way 1. I know you understand what it's trying to achieve and 2. you meet in the middle and show you care about education for everyone, especially if you think you know better.
Small schools. That’s the answer. We don’t need schools with hundreds of kids per grade level. Makes it hard to get to know each other and it’s easy to stick with those that are like you.
having small schools where kids have to get along with others even if they are t in your clique would be beneficial. Also would allow older kids to mentor and teach linger kids in a more human like setting. We don’t need massive schools that get us prepared for a battalion or for non existent massive factories that employees tens of thousands of workers per location.
Smaller schools would also cut out administrative as the more people you have the more people you need managing them. Whose administrative people have nothing to do with education

Bandaids everywhere. At some point options will have run out and certain fundamental issues will need to be addressed.

I would like to hear what you guys think about why Hispanics lag behind. Aside from poverty or language barriers I really don't hear too much about them.

It is when one group kept others from being educated for hundred of years. It when one group that had control over different sectors of economics. We can go down all the advantages one group in North America if you want.

Sports is different because it's the cold truth of performance in front of your competition and people watching.

You're aware that alot of knowledge was taken from conquered civilization right? Do you think one group came up with all the ideas intellectually alone?

If so ,we can debate what technology, ideas and inventions originated from.

This is just plain wrong.

It is nearly all down to parental involvement and expectations. Many black kids excell at sports because they practice it a lot, and they have many heroes in the field. That means they don't need to be told/forced to practice.

Almost no kids are like "let's do math" their parents make them. Asian parents generally do not accept mediocrity. That's why they excel.

Are you going to research and study history and how we got here today? Or are you going to believe one group thought of everything ?

can you actually offer some examples, not just one either. your alluding to western advances largely being nabbed from some other civilizations so i just want to know what civilization they/it were.

most advances happened at a time when european powers were already ahead...

Bandaids everywhere. At some point options will have run out and certain fundamental issues will need to be addressed.

I would like to hear what you guys think about why Hispanics lag behind. Aside from poverty or language barriers I really don't hear too much about them.
They do well in catholic schools. So it is probably cultural as well as public school becoming more and more a day camp as opposed as place of education

can you actually offer some examples, not just one either. your alluding to western advances largely being nabbed from some other civilizations so i just want to know what civilization they/it were.

most advances happened at a time when european powers were already ahead...

Last edited:
Back