Can we talk about Aaron Pico's corner destroying his shoulder

They said in the video it was a dislocated shoulder and not a broken bone but either way the corner should be fined for negligence.

I don't know. I dislocated my right shoulder in a drunken fight ; I "sleep" it off, woke up from the pain still drunk , asked for my buddy to pull it straight, one move with all your force your weight on the back, it did "crunk" and was in place. It seems to me that they half-assed it.

This was bad. As someone who's dislocated my shoulder 3 times, this made me want to puke while watching it. Especially considering it's a 26 year old prospect with a large portion of his career ahead of him. Shoulders are just not something you mess around with if you don't want to have to deal with a full career of shoulder issues.

All credit to Pico's toughness though. The pain of a shoulder dislocation is excruciating, especially when someone is violently yanking on it and incorrectly trying to reduce it back into place. The fact that he wanted to continue fighting is incredibly admirable. Dude is a warrior.

What? this happens regularly in a lot of sports and most of the time you cna just pop it back in. Let's not forget that his coach is also a licensed chiropractor

That makes it so much worse. His coach in the corner hasn't got any medical qualifications.

You're the little hall monitor kid that everyboby in school beat up every recess. lmfao

Sure.......In the correct forum section.

Worse than Cain's S&C destroying his knees. Take the injury loss and get proper medical attention. Instead they went the Lethal Weapon approach and treated him like Riggs.
UmfMEd.gif

imagine watching this and thinking its normal. if you seen someone lifting weights with their arms like this you would stop them in a heart beat as they will shred everything in the elbow and shoulder. but legs? nah thats just hard work

You think that was done properly? What a fucking idiot you must be. hahah I'll take the word of the MD in the video over some fat Shertard. haha

I didn't say it was done properly. I feel bad for you, arguing all day of your life on sherdog over things people didn't even say lol. Stay mad and posting content for us like a good little worker.

Glad someone made a thread about this. I was shocked when I saw that. How unbelievably stupid of his coach. He may have just done more damage by yanking Picos arm.

This poor kid lol just as he's bringing it all together coach probably permanently destroys his shoulder

This was bad. As someone who's dislocated my shoulder 3 times, this made me want to puke while watching it. Especially considering it's a 26 year old prospect with a large portion of his career ahead of him. Shoulders are just not something you mess around with if you don't want to have to deal with a full career of shoulder issues.

All credit to Pico's toughness though. The pain of a shoulder dislocation is excruciating, especially when someone is violently yanking on it and incorrectly trying to reduce it back into place. The fact that he wanted to continue fighting is incredibly admirable. Dude is a warrior.
Yep.
First time I popped mine, outside of a bar, extremely drunk, my cousin helped me.
After that I dislocated it dozens of times, even after surgery. I always pop it back myself. Nothing else to be done. Ofc I know what my lesion is and how to properly "fix" it.
Can't just do whatever the fuck his corner was doing. Randomly pulling and forcing, likely tearing ligaments and worsening the situation.

That was painful to watch.

Hopefully Pico can recover from this quickly and without complications.

MMA is a brutal sport sometimes man.

Back