News Canelo vs BIlly Joe Saunders May 8th DAZN

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With legit judging it would be a classic tussle but we all know the game.

10%. He can win some rounds for sure, but his stamina is in question. I think Canelo will break him down and rack up the later rounds.

Canelos gonna beat the piss out of him. BJS won't win a round. 2 at most if he does.

Canelo is a tough welcome to a league Saunders doesn’t know yet.

BJS may run his way to losing a wide decision. I think he gets stopped late when he slows down because of the bodywork. Maybe he looks good in rounds 1-3.

Last edited:
Do you actually believe that?
What? An unbeaten world champion
With superior footwork and workrate has a chance of winning a decision? Just a shame we'll have to rely on our own scorecards.

They're not gonna need any.
Reynoso is about to make Davidson look like the rube he is.
Remember when Manny and arum were in dispute, all of a sudden Pacman gets shafted.
Dont put all your hopes into a mirage.

With superior footwork and workrate has a chance of winning a decision? Just a shame we'll have to rely on our own scorecards.

Lara had better footwork than BJS ever will have, tried to point fight and Canelo cut the ring off and put him on his bicycle, footwork doesnt help if all your left with optionwise is to run.

GGG has great workrate, and unlike BJS, POWER. Canelo ate that power with a smile and countered quantity with quality, landed so much work on GGG and broke his normally iron spirit, the judges got it wrong first fight, Canelo won that one too.

BJS is not GGG and hes probably not even a Lara, he's gonna take a payday and an L, and we're all going to forget about him oh wait, that's right he'll pull out of the fight with a week to go.

Do you actually believe that?
BJS’ competition is a joke plus the inactivity but he is not a talentless bum, he has legit skills but again he hasnt shown them against top competition.

BJS has a tricky style to fight so I'm interested to see how Canelo will approach it. I hope it's more than just Canrlo walking him down all night.

I still doubt this fight even happens to be honest.

Easier to be unbeaten when you refuse to fight any of the top dogs. Wont need the scorecards though. Saunders either runs for his life in embarrassing fashion or gets folded like a lawn chair.

This is of course assuming BJS even makes it to the ring.
BJS’ competition is a joke plus the inactivity but he is not a talentless bum, he has legit skills but again he hasnt shown them against top competition.
Hes a fraud and is going to get obliterated.

Merging this with the other thread

Count me in as going on record that this fight doesn't happen. Like others said, what does Saunders have to offer that Canelo hasn't seen? He is a talented guy, but there's nothing to suggest that he is in Canelo's league, and I don't think he will actually risk his record against Canelo. To say I'm not a fan of Saunders is an understatement! I don't like guys that act like bullies but run from potential adversity, but that's what BJS seems like to me.

Count me in as going on record that this fight doesn't happen. Like others said, what does Saunders have to offer that Canelo hasn't seen? He is a talented guy, but there's nothing to suggest that he is in Canelo's league, and I don't think he will actually risk his record against Canelo. To say I'm not a fan of Saunders is an understatement! I don't like guys that act like bullies but run from potential adversity, but that's what BJS seems like to me.
I think you’ve pretty much summed it up, bjs could have developed and improve by being active against top guys, instead he beats washed up former title challengers.

I was interested in this fight couple years ago but Canelo is now in a different league then bjs and it’s his own fault, and its a shame because he does seem talented, Lemiuex is one dimensional but it was fun watching bjs clown him almost effortlessly, eversince that fight bjs competition went to shit and his failed drug test didnt help either

How much of a chance does Saunders have of pulling off the upset?
Only chance Canelo loses is if his knee blows out or some other kind of freak injury that has nothing to do with BJS. Otherwise Canelo is going to crush him. This isn't going to the cards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Wang
Back