Champs that never had the chance of a rematch

Tim Sylvia vs. Couture - Sylvia never go t the rematch (got the interim match vs. Big Nog).

MM was completely screwed - great man, great champ, at least his current org respects him enough for a rematch.
As far as Aldo not getting a full camp, he'd have the same time Conor had for his camp.

Last edited:
You keep trying to move the goalposts away from the fact that Aldo said he'd accept the exact circumstances he was offered:

And then instead refused when offered.

It's been 6 years man. Move on.
Kid, it is you who needs to move on.
He is retired and you continue to hate him proving he still lives rent free in your empty hater's head.

Here's his quote:
“Any professional needs time to train,” Aldo said on The MMA Hour. “It’s not a cockfight where I go there and put my rooster to fight. It’s a high-level sport, I’m going there to do my job. When I have time to train, it can happen at any time, anywhere.”
https://punditarena.com/mma/thepateam/jose-aldo-explains-rejecting-mcgregor-rematch-at-ufc196/

And here's from his coache André Pederneiras.
"Aldo believes he has this right, and so do I. He will only fight for the belt. The champion he was, undefeated for 10 years, he thinks he has the same right others had. Some fighters are getting rematches they deserve less than Aldo. If it’s going to be soon or in 10 years, he thinks he deserves a title fight."
https://www.sportsjoe.ie/mma/jose-a...lling-to-wait-over-a-year-for-title-shot61171

Last edited:
Bruh I'm tired of the line 'Aldo never got a rematch with Conor'. Sure it was short notice but he was absolutely offered a rematch and turned it down.

Two weeks notice and in a different division, that's about as unattractive as a rematch offer can be.

Tim Sylvia vs. Couture - Sylvia never go t the rematch (got the interim match vs. Big Nog).

MM was completely screwed - great man, great champ, at least his current org respects him enough for a rematch.
As far as Aldo not getting a full camp, he'd have the same time Conor had for his camp.

Conor was scheduled to fight RDA??? WTF you talking about?

You keep trying to move the goalposts away from the fact that Aldo said he'd accept the exact circumstances he was offered:

And then instead refused when offered.

It's been 6 years man. Move on.
Thank you for that quote man. People can still be a fan of Aldo yet admit he turned down a rematch against a guy he said "anytime, anywhere" to

It was a short notice, only an idiot would say yes.

i

The fight that propelled this journeyman to superstars
If you had one shot, or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted
One moment
Would you capture it or just let it slip?
Yo
… His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy
There's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti
He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready to drop bombs
[URL='https://emojipedia.org/musical-note/'][/URL]

I can see how great champions sometimes they get the rematches they deserve and they get that win back such as:

-Stipe Miocic, he got immediate rematch against DC
-Amanda Nunes, she got an immediate rematch against Peña
-Anderson Silva, immediate rematch with Weidman
-Max Holloway, immediate rematch with Volkanovski
-GSP got his rematch later on against Serra
-Usman, I'm pretty sure theyre gonna give him an immediate rematch.
Etc etc etc

But what about the champs that never had a chance for a rematch they deserved?

The first one that comes to my mind ofc is absolutely Jose Aldo, 10 years undefeated and Mcgregor gets a lucky shot in like 5 seconds and he never got the oportunity for a rematch.

Cris Cyborg, 13 years undefeated and never got the oportunity for a rematch against Nunes.

DJ, #1 p4p, 14 wins in a row incluiding a win by finish against Cejudo then lost by a controversial split decision and never again a rematch.

Ronda Rousey, idk what happened back then but I wonder why Dana White didnt give her a immediate rematch against Holly.

That's so unfortunate because -other than Rousey- I feel all of them would had won a rematch. That sucks for their careers tbh and its unfair

Definitely felt for aldo he begged for that rematch too, then fought for an interm title, then begged for his unification bout.

Cyborg and dj parted way with the UFC almost immediately after their losses, both could have gotten it.

Ronda was offered her immediate rematch, she was too tramatized to fight again for years, AND the ufc told her anytime she wanted she could challenge for the title vs holm, then tate, then Nunes who she did sign up for.

Cyborg ... there was a lot of rematch talk an Cyborg tried to use that to get more money from Dana. Dana said fuck off so she did.

I think Dana White never liked her for some reason. He was so happy when she lost anf he also talked mad shit about her publicly

I think thats the real reason why she didnt get a rematch, Dana White.

I wouldn't count DJ. He asked his manager to try and find a way out of his UFC contract instead of wanting the rematch post loss to Cejudo. And the trade for Askren happened because of it. He just wanted to do other things, and go other places.

I was kinda surprised Robbie didn’t get a rematch against Woodley or wasn’t offered/in talks. Unless I’m remembering things differently.

I don't think Cyborg wanted one. She had already been talking about wanting out of the UFC long before the Nunes fight. Dana said she was offered a one fight contract for a rematch but wouldn't re-sign due to the champion clause and as far as I know Cyborg never said it wasn't true.

True, but context matters.

If I offered you a million dollars and all you needed to do was give me 1.5 million, would you turn down my offer of a million dollars?

What the hell kind of a comparison is that lol?

MM.

It's pretty clear why he didn't get the rematch it's because he wouldn't degrade himself by acting like a lunatic in the name of selling 20k more PPV's.

What the hell kind of a comparison is that lol?

Context matters. Same basic idea, I offered you a million dollars, he was offered a rematch, these are irrefutable.

He was offered a rematch on exceptionally shitty terms, I offered you a million dollars on exceptionally shitty terms.

It's an offer that is made to be refused, so now they can get those not interested in nuance to believe Aldo didn't want a rematch and you don't want a million dollars.

Back