Chuck Liddell thinks Mike Tyson "only has a puncher's chance" against him

Chuck was wrestling against Pele Landis in Vale Tudo

Well yeah he’s basically correct. Because it’s not straight boxing.

That said Mike Tyson had like 10 million street fights in his life. I’m sure he’s pretty good at it.

In a gentleman's bout governed by The Marquess of Queensberry rules, he bit off a chunk of a man's ear. Like you, I also don't think the transition to "street fighting" would flummox him to any significant degree.

Chuck Liddell's career is the saddest story in MMA history. Desperate for money and relevance he takes a fight against noted embarrassment Titon, and proceeds to get decimated.

In a gentleman's bout governed by The Marquess of Queensberry rules, he bit off a chunk of a man's ear. Like you, I also don't think the transition to "street fighting" would flummox him to any significant degree.

If Chuck is fighting Tyson on the street, he better come into the fight ready to deliver every illegal tactic in the book. Tyson grew up in an environment it is all about survival. Bite, eye gouge, groin shots, whatever to leave you in a pool of blood and walk away. Tyson is going to do it..

Competitors are confident in their abilities. Sometimesto the point of delusion. This shouldn’t come as a surprise to too many ppl.

LOL, why do they always like to downplay other combat sports with the "i would win in a street fight" argument? MMA isnt one either, if anything i would still take any active version of Tyson against prime Chuck in a street fight, would be over even faster and worst than in a sanctioned fight, smh.

Bas answers:

Escalate things to biting, eye gouging etc in a life or death situation against someone who knows how to grapple & you don't. good luck with that. They're going to bite or eye gouge you back, only in a much more dominant position. never fuck with someone who has dominant position on you. the majority of the time an eye gouge or bite is not going to save you vs a grappler in a life or death scenario. It's only going to piss them off & open the flood gates for you to be mutilated in return, but from an inferior position

Bas states to never fuck with someone with a dominant position which is absolutely true. When you're clinching someone's legs with your head down low, that is not a dominant position. While you're there it's been proven that shots to the back of the head can easily fuck you up. Combine that with shoving your entire finger into someones eyes and all of a sudden being a crotch sniffer looking for a takedown isn't going to work. You can also grab other objects to maintain your balance while you use your other hand to hit the back of the head. If someone is biting your ear or nose as hard as possible until blood gushes out and flesh it torn apart, IDGAF who many stripes you got on your belt, you're going to squeal like a little girl.

Bas states to never fuck with someone with a dominant position which is absolutely true. When you're clinching someone's legs with your head down low, that is not a dominant position. While you're there it's been proven that shots to the back of the head can easily fuck you up. Combine that with shoving your entire finger into someones eyes and all of a sudden being a crotch sniffer looking for a takedown isn't going to work. You can also grab other objects to maintain your balance while you use your other hand to hit the back of the head. If someone is biting your ear or nose as hard as possible until blood gushes out and flesh it torn apart, IDGAF who many stripes you got on your belt, you're going to squeal like a little girl.
You obviously have no idea how fast a trained wrestler can take an untrained person down.

If you’re close enough to a competent grappler to try to gouge their eyes then they are close enough to you to plant you on your ass and bite your nose off or mount you and shove their thumbs into the back of your skull. Biting or gouging a grappler in a life or death situation is not going to make them stop attacking you. They’re just going to turn their head or take the bite and continue putting you in an inferior position, & then you’ve got an enraged person mounted on you & you made it fair game to try to maim the other.

The non grappler isn’t the only one who can bite or eye gouge. The grappler will only do it back, but from a dominant position

The only thing Chuck can do is shoot on Tyson... It would be too predictable.
chuck would feint a jab and shoot under...
but its so predictable that he'll do that,
so Mike will not even react to the feint and expect the duck under and uppercut him to death.

Yeah, they do so well in MMA.
tumblr_lurtjwsX0I1qlskhvo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

Yeah, why bother training in boxing right?

Prime Tyson would destroy Chuck in a street fight. Would probably be a pretty good fight tho. When I think street fight I think two guys at the bar having an altercation.

Prime Chuck would get knocked out unless he dove for the legs and hoped for the best like he resorted to against a fading Wand.

Back