Media Ciryl Gane already thinking about retirement

Well he's a relatively active fighter in recent years. If he remains champ and gets 3 fights every year, that's 12 good championship pay fights.

Everyone saying you don't wanna fade away at heavyweight.. take a look at the average age of fighters in each division...heavyweights last the longest because speed isn't as much of a requirement as it is to flourish in the lighter divisions.

35 years old is the right age to retire from combat sports. MMA fans are just used to old HWs because of how weak HW had been til now.

Well he's a relatively active fighter in recent years. If he remains champ and gets 3 fights every year, that's 12 good championship pay fights.
I'm a big fan of his, so I hope this will happen. But that's a big if. I think he'll be champion, but winning the belt and defending it 11 times would really be some GOAT level stuff.

Sounds like a sensible man. Set a target, get in, achieve it, get out. If you can get more, without taking additional damage, that's just a bonus.

if he figths 3 times by year thats 12 possible title defences assuming he beats Frank

People in here love fighters leaving early for some reason. Like I get it's better for their health, but I have so much more admiration for someone dedicated like Anderson Silva than I do for Conor/Khabib who leave early.

This isn't boxing, good luck with that. You'd need at least 4-5 million to live a comfortable lifestyle at the age of retirement age of 35.

This isn't boxing, good luck with that. You'd need at least 4-5 million to live a comfortable lifestyle at the age of retirement age of 35.
Was watching a Gane interview ,he said when he had 2000$ per fight in his Muay Thai days it was red panty for him ,he could pay the mortgage and live a simple life with his wife and kid and was happy. He got the vibe of not a materialistic guy who's not gonna blow his money.

I think about retirement everyday and it’s at least 20 years away…

<DCrying>

Last edited:

"I don't want to be a cagefighter for a long time, I care about money .. I can totally see myself retiring at 35"

<36>

Like DC wanted to retire when he was 40....
when you are at the top, it is hard to quit like that...

A lot of guys say this but fail to do so when the time comes. Unless you are going out on top like GSP or Khabib, its tough to walk away. They always feel like they got a good night left in them.

Back