Conor McGregor Is 'Muhammad Ali Of UFC

Wait.
Wait.

A fighter from his country that he always tweets about and supports, who he's friends with, and who trains with him(fact checked myself here) is exaggerating a bit when describing him?

iu

She's right. He transcends the sport, for better or worse. People who don't know what MMA is still know who Conor McGregor is.

The typical response on here to anything even remotely complimentary about Conor is to just take what was said completely out of context, twist the meaning and have a clichéd rant about punching old men or cocaine or something. It's impossible to have a rational discussion about the man.

So, we're not allowed to discuss the shitty things that he's done or the people he's hurt... only the few good things he's done inside the octagon? How is skewing any conversation to that effect rational?

GTFO of here. You have to take the good with the bad, just like Jones. If people know who Conor is, they know what MMA is. He's like a petulant child, and he does not transcend the sport at all. If anything, it casts a negative light on the sport by perpetuating stereotypes about pro fighters.

She compared him to Ali in the way that he's transcended the sport. But obviously Sherdoggers are just gonna ignore that and be hatin' on McGregor. And they won't be acknowledging, either, that McGregor himself stated (it's in the article...): “I’m quick to say I am not anywhere close to Muhammad Ali.".

I’d say his “transcending the sport” is more comparable to Tanya Harding than it is to an actual accomplished athlete, who transcended not only for their stance on important issues, but incredible accomplishments in the sport itself.

Any comparison of McGregor to Ali is just silly.

Ali was a great boxer, but the rest of his story is iconic only because the US media machine spread it all over the World.

Conor is a succesful dude from potatoe land. He took a bum sport to a higher level in sales and exposure, though he was a balding midget.

He did it while playing the villain, a gross and crude character and that just isn't something to still sell after 50 years. But it was the best recipe for making money available in his time, I have no noubt that if this happened when IRA, Sinn Fein or whatever needed a hero they would have shaped his character and story accordingly.
Conor isn't playing the villain, he is a genuine scumbag and a low life criminal

She compared him to Ali in the way that he's transcended the sport. But obviously Sherdoggers are just gonna ignore that and be hatin' on McGregor. And they won't be acknowledging, either, that McGregor himself stated (it's in the article...): “I’m quick to say I am not anywhere close to Muhammad Ali.".
Even that comparison is nowhere near true. Conor has transcended the sport of MMA, and is a celebrity outside of it a little bit, but nowhere near the level of Ali.
You have to follow sports or combat sports in some fashion to know who Conor is.
My mom knows who Ali is, she has no idea who Conor is. My brother who does not follow MMA at all also has no idea who Conor is. Ali was global, worldwide icon, like Elvis or the Beatles.

LOL at thinking Muhammad Ali had anything to do with ending the Vietnam war. Sherdorks are always great for a laugh!
<36>

Ali was a fundamentally important anti-war figure. If you don't think that one of the foremost popular global figures publicly refusing the draft and suffering the consequeces had anything to do with opposition to the vietnam war, you've probably not read much about... well, you've probably just not read much

Last edited:
scheesh wat an insult to the greatest. that man is an icon in and outside boxing, a spiritual leader. mc gregor is a bum a narcistic prick who don't care about anybody. He is not even the greatest in mma.

LOL at thinking Muhammad Ali had anything to do with ending the Vietnam war. Sherdorks are always great for a laugh!
<36>

Here is a Vietnam veteran talking about the 60s. He said he respected what Ali did, and that it helped to change the situation that led to the war.

I'll take the opinion of someone who lived through it over your lame insults and shitty gifs.

He's not Muhammad Ali, he's a national disgrace to Ireland and makes the entire Irish ethnicity cringe.

Ali helped put an end to the worst, most vile criminal action of the cold war era when he stood against the Vietnam war.

McGregor isn't even Rick Flair
Depends how you look at it. I'm sure there are a lot of Vietnamese people that feel differently and glad US intervened. Vietnam was at war with itself and a lot are living in US now and proud to be in this country.

I guess people in this country doesn't understand other countries need military help. Because there are no conflicts or wars that happen in the US, but they do happen in other countries/nations.

Depends how you look at it. I'm sure there are a lot of Vietnamese people that feel differently and glad US intervened. Vietnam was at war with itself and a lot are living in US now and proud to be in this country.

I guess people in this country doesn't understand other countries need military help. Because there are no conflicts or wars that happen in the US, but they do happen in other countries/nations.

I don't know what you mean by "this country" since I'm not American, and I have read a great deal about what America did and wanted to to in Vietnam. It was all leaked in the pentagon papers.

America went there to destroy the country, to kill its people and bomb its infrastructure, in order to prevent it from becoming a stable, independent economic engine for southeast Asia. The US wanted another semi-colony, like what they had in the Philippines. Once it became clear they couldn't create that in Vietnam, they started destroying the country. Once the country was basically destroyed, they left.

Everyone who invades a country claims they're doing it for altruistic reasons, right down to Nazi Germany invading Poland, or Japan invading China.

He's a fuckin pussy and a redneck calling opponent's wife a whore with broken leg lol. Also his record sucks.

Katie Taylor is going to great lengths to compare fellow countryman Conor McGregor to “The Greatest.”

In a recent interview with “The MMA Hour,” the Olympic gold medalist and undisputed lightweight champion Taylor (20-0, 6 KOs) said McGregor deserves more credit for his accolades than he’s received.

“I messaged [McGregor] after the Dustin Poirier fight, just to offer some words of encouragement really,” said Taylor. “He’s always been a fantastic support to me, but I think he’s just someone who’s actually transcended the sport. He’s like, for me, the Muhammad Ali of the UFC. He’s just a fantastic athlete. A great businessman as well. But what he’s done in the sport and the UFC has been absolutely incredible, and I don’t think he’s celebrated as much as he should be here in Ireland. I think he is an absolute global superstar and just a phenomenal athlete, and he’s always been a complete gentleman toward me.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/katie-t...-ali-ufc-isnt-celebrated-much-ireland--163089

Not sure I agree....

I get very annoyed by corporate cucks who equate making a lot of money for the UFC = gOoD fOr tHe sPoRt.

He's not Muhammad Ali, he's a national disgrace to Ireland and makes the entire Irish ethnicity cringe.

Ali helped put an end to the worst, most vile criminal action of the cold war era when he stood against the Vietnam war.

McGregor isn't even Rick Flair

CONOR MCGREGOR IS GHANDI TO THE WORLD

Back