Crime Cuomo resigns

Was it the right thing for him to resign?

• Total voters
Ah... Cuomo never actually admitted his guilt in his resignation press conference. While he apologized, he said he still believes he did nothing wrong.

He went on a diatribe of slapping himself on the back for all the "great" things he did.... lol

Basically he claims... "It's not me, it's you"... but he didn't want to be distraction and cost the state too much tax payer money... lol.
Some of my family are Italian, and were not pleased about the "I'm not a pervert, I'm Italian" bit.

Yes

#1. it give legitimacy to Biden's power and influence

#2. He couldve easily survived impeachment, but his sacrifice shows his true commitment to serve New Yorkers

#3. Waiting it out will ruin his legacy and make people forget the many great things hes done

#4. It supports the need for all employers to conduct workforce harassment and diversity training

1. There really is no need to give legitimacy to it. He's the president of the most powerful country in the world. On top of that many Democrats were asking for his resignation not just Biden. Also he didn't resign until it was clear that he was going to be impeached.

2. Do you have any proof of this? Everything I've heard\read is they had the votes to impeach him.

https://www.skynews.com.au/opinion/...eached/video/d79df02bc20e7916109a34e9d7e0e2f1

https://apnews.com/article/cuomo-ha...-impeachment-26edc9cf16cd378cc3573ed85613e797

3. This is correct because he would have been impeached and all the stuff he did would have been brought back up again and again throughout the whole process. Now he can resign and it will go away quicker than it would have otherwise.

4. Sure but workforce harassment training is pretty much standard now. I can't even think of the last company I worked for that didn't have it. I have no idea what this has to do with diversity training. Diversity wasn't his issue it was keeping his hands off women.

He resign so he can come back down the road ... lol I like how he apologizes that the woman took him the wrong way and not for what he did.

The nursing home deaths in New York can be unambiguously be blamed on Cuomo, that should have been what took him down months ago.

Its interesting to watch it all unfold. We don't seem to care that he did something that resulted in thousands of deaths but a little slap and tickle or whatever he did and that's it buddy, you're out of here.

Some of my family are Italian, and were not pleased about the "I'm not a pervert, I'm Italian" bit.
Im italian as fuck so i didnt care but i still looked for the exact quote or audio. Wasnt it a meme?

Im italian as fuck so i didnt care but i still looked for the exact quote or audio. Wasnt it a meme?
No, he dismissed his actions because of his "cultural differences."

Anyone else read this and hoped it was re-signs and not resigns? I was afraid it might happen, but still held out hope. However, when this all blows over, I think we will see him running again in a couple of years

Anyone else read this and hoped it was re-signs and not resigns? I was afraid it might happen, but still held out hope. However, when this all blows over, I think we will see him running again in a couple of years
Sounds like it

Wherever he ends up, Cuomo told the magazine he would maintain his public “voice.”

“I’m not disappearing. I have a voice, I have a perspective and that’s not gonna change,” he said. “And the details aren’t really that important to me to tell you the truth.”

He also made the sacrifice by resigning.
He knew wasnt going to get impeached.
Imagine after that report and the Dems dont impeach him, it makes them look bad. So Cuomo resigned so it doesnt hurt their reputation

“I’m not gonna drag the state through the mud, through a three-month, four-month impeachment, and then win, and have made the State Legislature and the state government look like a ship of fools, when everything I’ve done all my life was for the exact opposite,” he told the mag. “I’m not doing that. I feel good. I’m not a martyr. It’s just, I saw the options, option A, option B.”

https://nypost.com/2021/08/13/i-don...w&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter

Voted no. What irks me about this issue is... I know they locked up Al Capone on tax evasion. But they tried and convicted him. And Tax evasion was and is still an actual crime.

Beimg a sleaze who’s trying to use his money and social capital to bang chicks is what it is. And allegations are allegations

This was all just a coordinated campaign by the national and NY state Democratic Party to get him to go away in light of the actual serious fuck ups that happened under his watch, while allowing the party to keep control of the governorship and avoid real actual bad press.

I just hate that we continue to try and convict people in the court of public opinion... and over trifling shit (sorry, it just is). If he’s guilty of actual sexual crimes try him and out him in jail. Otherwise bugger off

Hahaha went to the “covid hero”msm future President to being a raping killer ..

If you support Trump, you absolutely support both rape and the slaughter of constituents.

giphy.gif

Jimmy Dore of all people has no room to gloat.

I like how he made himself sound like a good guy for resigning, "this is the best way I can help". What a fucking scumbag.

So I can't really click either of the options. Yes, he should have resigned, but he should have done it months ago, and he didn't do the "right thing" by doing it - it was an act of self preservation. Basically he left the bar before he could be roughed up and thrown out by the bounchers.

Cuomo (D) resigned.
Franken (D) resigned.
Spitzer (D) resigned.

Gaetz (R) running for re-election.
Kavanaugh (R) on Supreme Court.
Vittetter (R) elected to Senate.

Anyone see a pattern?

Cuomo (D) resigned.
Franken (D) resigned.
Spitzer (D) resigned.

Gaetz (R) running for re-election.
Kavanaugh (R) on Supreme Court.
Vittetter (R) elected to Senate.

Anyone see a pattern?

False equivalencies all around.

Cuomo, Franken and Spitzer resigned when they were caught dead to rights with indisputable evidence and looming impeachment.

None of the accusations against Kavanaugh stood up to scrutiny and Gaetz, though clearly a guilty scumbag, is still in the process of being investigated and will likely end up in jail soon.

The notion that the Democrats uphold a higher standard and these guys resigned because it was the right thing to do is just laughable. They asked Cuomo to step down earlier this year, he refused and everyone just went back to business as usual.

It was a FOX News interpretation of his words. They were just dunking on his excuse, which can be boiled down to him using his Italian heritage to excuse his sexual harassment. FOX was having a bit of fun with it, but it's not a totally inaccurate interpretation of his terrible excuse.

People are remorseful for calling him to step down.

Based on this, we know 100% he will be back. Hopefully replaces Gillibrand at the senate level

There is nothing right about this guy..F him

Back