Death Stranding (Kojima Productions)

Oh man this looks bad. It looks like he spent 4 years doing motion capture with Norman Reedus then realized he had to make an actual game with a year to go.

Oh man this looks bad. It looks like he spent 4 years doing motion capture with Norman Reedus then realized he had to make an actual game with a year to go.
Or you know he's keeping everything vague because he doesnt want to pull and MGSV and use 95% of all the good cutscenes as trailers...

Agreed, hard to get hyped for this game when this is the shit they show us lol

I haven't watch more than 60 seconds of any of the trailers. Want to go in blind and completely trust Kojima.

I'll admit I wasn't to impressed by the gameplay I saw. With that said I've always been more of a story guy myself so if the gameplay is decent at least and the story is great I'm in.

Im honestly so glad that we get these types of triple A games in damn 2019. Something that is trying something new artistically, and is not adhering to the same generic rollouts of exciting gameplay, and spilling story points left right and center.

50 mins of gameplay from TGS

There's another 30 mins of gameplay coming in a couple days.

This is in Japanese, but some of the chat people translate parts of it and Yongyea reads the translations. So you still get a good sense of what's going on.

timestamped at start of gameplay:

And Reddit user BNNKNG posted this about the overall presentation. Lots of info.

Last edited:
I still dont understand the story... I saw clips and bits of it. The gameplay looks like he is an ubereats delivery guy?

So after 3+ years of hype, does the gameplay demo look like it will meet expectations?

That too. I also didn't see any buildings so I hope it isn't some giant open world that looks the same.

I mean please tell me there is more weapons instead instead of Fedex vs ghost

Nothing about this looks fun at all. It's like a AAA version of one of those PC survival games I always see. The world itself does look great but other than that I saw nothing else I liked.

So after 3+ years of hype, does the gameplay demo look like it will meet expectations?

Nope. But I got the sense that demo was all in the very beginning of the game. Kojima did something similar with MGS 2, showing only the beginning tanker mission with Snake, then flipped the script on the rest of the game after that. So who knows? Maybe the bulk of Death Stranding will be a lot different than that demo. It'd better be. Nobody wants to walk around climbing rocks, delivering packages, having to take naps, change boots and shake a baby. Does that sound like fun?

At this point, he needs to be showing more if he wants people to buy this game.

There's another 30 min demo coming up today or tomorrow, so I'm hoping that one will have something radically different to show. If it doesn't, then my hype for this game is gone.

Last edited:
Did this dude just want a reason to hang out with Daryl for an extended period of time? 5 minutes in and it's a norman reedus life simulator

Back