Do you think prime Fedor would be able to compete in the octagon?

Cro Cop, Nog, Arlovski and big Tim would beat most of the guys outside of the current top 3 more often than not imo. Derrick Lewis lost to a 43 year old version of Hunt so he likely loses to a prime version, possibly loses to guys like Rogers, Goodridge and Schilt too.

Fedor is 38-6 and was the #1 HW for 7 consecutive years.
To put that into perspective JDS is 21-6 and was the #1 HW for 1 year.

People that question Fedor's accolades aren't thinking clearly about the subject.

Fedor's style worked better in the ring. He could have won a couple fights in the UFC, but would have lost against people like Couture

His career would have gone the exact same way in the UFC

Fedor is an island unto himself

He was always gonna do great until about 33-34 when stopped giving a fuck

Fedor is 38-6 and was the #1 HW for 7 consecutive years.
To put that into perspective JDS is 21-6 and was the #1 HW for 1 year.

People that question Fedor's accolades aren't thinking clearly about the subject.

Yep, the equivalent would be if after JDS KO'd Cain at the very first UFC on Fox he managed to stay on top until like this year.

Thats insane and really puts it in perspective.

Compete? Yes.

Go on a 10 year undefeated run against mostly legit opponents? Not even the biggest Fedor nuthugger can be so stupid to think that.

I think he could be top 10 and maybe even champion. But i think prime cain and jds would have been a problem for him then and i think theres a good chance both stipe and dc would be problems for him now

I noticed that when he fought in a cage he didn’t really seem like the same fighter. He’s an all time great with some badass moments but my head tells me he would get demolished fighting DC,Stipe, Ngannou or even a “meh” guy like Curtis Blaydes or Derrick Lewis

that doesn’t take away from how good he is btw. I just feel like compared to back then the overall landscape of HW is a tad bit deeper and more difficult to deal with compared to back then.
8B15DF69-D210-48B8-BA9E-BF0DBB00682A.jpeg
if this dude had started his career later years,lets say around 2013.

Straight in the cage instead of the ring he would be the UFC HW champion for at least 5 years.
He is basically a more explosive version of Khabib.

Now PRIME Fedor,who reigned in PRIDE.
Had him come to the UFC,i guess he would have trouble adapting to the wide spaces in the cage.
BUT
He would still have that chin and resilience,he would not be just a head hunter and he would definitely still be hungry.

He would maybe not be undefeated for 10 years but he would still be champion.

Lol salty much, go outside nerd

giphy.gif

Brock maybe but where’s the proof he’s a threat to guys like Ngannou or stipe? Even old man JDS and Lewis lmao

Proof lol?...

What the hell do you want a time machine? This whole topic is based on hypotheticals. No such thing as proof in these discussions.

I would still take prime Fedor over any modern heavyweight. DC would be his toughest opponent imo. Don’t get me wrong though I’m not saying he couldn’t lose, nobody goes totally unscathed at HW.

Last edited:
He'd only be competitive outside the Top 10 of both HW, LHW and possibly even MW considering what Hendo did to him.

i think Fedor is the greatest MMA HW the world has ever seen, but in the UFC prime or not Fedor's thin skin and the UFC's elbows would definitely be a major problem for him.

guy's like Cain, Stipe, and Overeem will be able to exploit this.

I thought you were joking, and then reread the post. .... my answer, after deliberation, yeah.

i think Fedor is the greatest MMA HW the world has ever seen, but in the UFC prime or not Fedor's thin skin and the UFC's elbows would definitely be a major problem for him.

guy's like Cain, Stipe, and Overeem will be able to exploit this.

I, eee..., you may be right. But I'm not just a fan, I kinda think the hard-edge factor is easily sidestepped. The way he fought and the fucking fear he put into his aura, Randleman should've killed him, listen to Randleman and Coleman and the greats. To me, there was Fedor, prime, and then you have to talk about Karelin wrestlng, Tyson and Foreman Boxing, there are your Alis and legendary greats, but universal fear acknowledged from your legendary peers, ...FEAR is a real component. Fedor checks all those boxes from the respect of his peers. Vovchanchyn. ...Wand might not have had lifetime universal respect, but in the day, Chute Boxe, and Wand, that moment in time with rules at hand, ...."all things considered is never a real thing in a moment in time," but imagine in that time of designation by the rules and layout of your game, you are Babe Ruth in the time you were meant to be Babe Ruth. ...ya know. no preachy...., but sit back for a soft moment, every sports fan who's actually read this far from the likes of me. ...sports, ....you distinguish yourself, and you have your moments, but compounded, you project unto your heroes, and indefatigably unslowly your bat becomes a broom, and you're watching the Wonder Years. .. ..the point is. I'll be here more often. Thank you

Prime Fedor was a million times more entertaining than any of the fighters you mentioned.

Brock maybe but where’s the proof he’s a threat to guys like Ngannou or stipe? Even old man JDS and Lewis lmao
If you're looking for 'proof', on Sherdog... Just don't apply for jobs that might accidentally get you in a position where your decisions could possibly affect other people.

We have some deep ones here, and sometimes the music is the metaphor, dissection is the aftermath of life.

Prime Fedor was a million times more entertaining than any of the fighters you mentioned.
& context, only Tyson was that scary in the history, Liston was scary but, period, Tyson is imbedded, thanks to Cus. And Ali has his brand, but I grew up on that shit, Ali is not a hero to me. I'm not political, but I believe in a lot of the simple "dumb" shit Frazier believed in that "Uncle Tommed", .....Joe was a old school and "uncle Tom" those words fucked me up and still do. They were friends in time, and then, not. The treatment of a friend to a "Tom", fucked up Joe Frazier his whole life, but it didn't fuck me up. Frazier ..... spend 1 weekend, three hours a day, as a fan, looking at Joe Frazier, 1 hour, and it's not a psychological study, I mean the moment in time. I was a kid watching this. Third fouth fifth, however, I heard the radio, and my heart felt the time, these were my thoughts, comic books aside, theses are my real guys and someone's gonna die. for a moment in time, give yourself the mindset. All in, I might quit school, or leave home, to imagine that as not hyperbole, fights meant something, I disappeared for a week as a kid, there never used to be a milk carton thing, and I didn't hit that. But they made up another one for me about twenty years earlier, a real all points bulletin. It was it's own thing, but real as your tight underpants.

Back