Dumbest fight IQ

Marcin Prachnio vs Alvey

This fool literally just charged straight at Sam with his chin in the air and his hands at his waist. One of the biggest WTF moments I've ever seen.

lmao wtf

Has to be Soutkamthath vs O'malley.
Sean literally fought the 3rd round on one leg an Andre takes him down?
Truly a wtf moment bc it was sooooo blatantly obvious he was fucked

Honorable mention Cat grappling with RR.

Alex Caceres still my no1 overall

giphy.gif
well in askren's defense he was trying to sniff his nuts

Marcin Prachnio vs Alvey

This fool literally just charged straight at Sam with his chin in the air and his hands at his waist. One of the biggest WTF moments I've ever seen.

What the fuck? Did that dude forget he was in a fight somehow? <Kpop01>

Frank Mir has the advantage vs Carwin striking at range. Mir has the advantage on the ground. Carwin's dirty boxing is really good and he has insane power.

What does Mir do? He engages the clinch.

Nice
Mir didn’t have the advantage at range lol

And it’s who had the advantage on the ground. Mir couldn’t do Shit to Brock from the bottom.

I have two answers, and they both are equipment-based.

Ever = Art Jimmerson (v Royce Gracie)
Modern era = Kazuhiro Nakamura (v Wanderlei Silva)

Lutter vs Silva. Could have ended Silva's run there and then with a few more seconds of gnp, but went for a pointless armbar that was never there and got sparked.

Marcin Prachnio vs Alvey

How was the fight going up to that point?

How was the fight going up to that point?

It was all Alvey.

Marcin threw some spinning shit and Sam jumped on a front headlock/guillotine and held that for like 2 minutes straight. After that they disengaged and traded strikes for a bit until Prachnio got knocked down. What you saw on that clip I posted was right after Prachnio got up from the knockdown and just Frankenstein'd his face into Sam's fist. Hilarious finish but not a great fight.

Marcin really don't show any type of skill or game planning in that fight.

Disses Cat for "grappling with RR"

Posts gif showing Cat trying to flying knee RR

Nah, title is "dumbest" fight IQ. Cat chose to strike against a grappler. That's not dumb.

Sure she could have chosen a less risky strike, but actually choosing to grapple with a superior grappler, like Mike Perry taking down Cowboy to choose one of many examples, is significantly dumber than choosing to strike with one, as Cat did.

Sorry OP, he's right. Stunning/knocking a grappler's screws loose right off the bat is not a bad move. If Alpha Cat had gone in for a TD herself, you might have something. That's actually how she's started fights before RR, just none of them ended as quickly or as badly for her as that moment.

Yeah, I'm going with this one. People have made some dumb ass decisions mid fight that are bizarre to someone watching, but nothing will ever top Hello Japan! There's like a bajillion other times it would have been fine to do that (idk like before the fight started) but using a hand to wave to the camera trying to fight off a RNC is legendarily bad.

Sorry OP, he's right. Stunning/knocking a grappler's screws loose right off the bat is not a bad move. If Alpha Cat had gone in for a TD herself, you might have something. That's actually how she's started fights before RR, just none of them ended as quickly or as badly for her as that moment.

Yeah, I'm going with this one. People have made some dumb ass decisions mid fight that are bizarre to someone watching, but nothing will ever top Hello Japan! There's like a bajillion other times it would have been fine to do that (idk like before the fight started) but using a hand to wave to the camera trying to fight off a RNC is legendarily bad.
Hes wrong. Were never gonna agree on this
Moving on

Wrong. Cat needed to keep her distance and use her stand up skills. Closing the distance with RR was a terrbile idea regardless what it is..Flying knee, flying omoplata, anything exchange that closes the distance in on grappler is bad idea and dumb fight IQ. She needed to keep on the outside and utilize her kick boxing. I really think cat could have beat Ronda. Im kinda shocked were having this disagreement given the outcome of fight.
Its a no brainer

Were never gonna get anywhere tho
Agree to disagree.
Bed time.

Learn how comparatives work

"Dumbest" means there's never been a fighter who did anything dumber

Any fighter who chose to grapple with a superior grappler - Mike Perry against Cowboy for example - is dumber than someone who chose to strike against a superior grappler - like Cat against Ronda

Back