Finally the Ryan Hall myth has ended.

He made 15, yes 15 failed attempts at rolly polly before getting KTFO on the ground.

Definition of embarassed and taught a lesson.
So that broken hand had nothing to do with that right? Is that really your argument? His hand broke on the first punch so he got embarrassed? You guys are clowns man. I’m guessing you’re gonna claim he’s lying about the hand too next right?

You mean the move that didn’t work because he couldn’t grip with a broken hand? I’m gonna assume you didn’t know he broke his hand with the first punch.
I read that, yes. I knew that. He's not the first fighter to do so. Zabit broke his hand before his fight. He's not unique in that regard. He bought into his own hype, thought he deserved a top 10 before being ranked because he beat a BJ Penn and some other no name. He set himself up for the embarassment by saying everyone was ducking him. Why should a top 10 fight a non ranked fighter? Ask yourself that question. What did Ryan Hall do enough to accuse the top 10 of ducking him?

This is not an Islam makhachev situation where he's actually a ranked guy and still hasnt' found a top 10 opponent. No one ducked Hall. Hall at their point in their careers and Hall's career, it didn't make sense on any level to fight Hall.

There's nothing wrong with breaking a hand in fighting. That shit happens. The embarrassment is him talking all that talk, saying people was ducking him and having the performance he did.

So that broken hand had nothing to do with that right? Is that really your argument? His hand broke on the first punch so he got embarrassed? You guys are clowns man. I’m guessing you’re gonna claim he’s lying about the hand too next right?
Yeah not sure I believe him looks like an excuse.
Even if true, so when a fighter breaks his hand he starts rolling around on the floor like an assclown is all he can do?

Dude got straight up embarrassed.

I don't hate the guy but his fans are clearly delusional.
someone pull up the thread saying hes good enough to be champ

he has one trick. like ronda's armbar.

Maia developed an underrated striking game. Didn't have much but his straight left gave trouble to Usman, Colby, Munoz, Rory etc.

He also arguably became the best wrestler among the BJJ elites to transition. Didn't have variety but a great single leg and series chains from it to get the fight to the mat. He developed these skills mostly later at WW but he was rarely a flopping, cartwheeling fish out there even when he started

He didn't develop as much his skills at WW. It happens that is not the same to take Mark Muñoz or Weidman down than Condit or even Masvidal

Ryan hall was amazing, nobody wanted to fight him, if he gets you on the ground you’re in big trouble…….moments later fight goes to the ground bam bam bam bam out cold lol

I really wanna play pool with her.

Sherdoggers are never happy with anything (except for interminable and boring 'who has the worst fan base' arguments.) I don't get the Ryan Hall hate. I thought it was fun to watch a throwback fighter do so well with one exceptionally good skillset. Yes he pulled out of fights, but he did really have to work to get fights because modern and well-rounded fighters were so afraid of that part of his game. It was entertaining to watch the odd man out flummox so many opponents.

He went 3-1 in the UFC and beat two former title contenders, albeit washed up. He's 36 and did all of that with basically just BJJ. Not too shabby.

That fight was ridiculous, but also crazy entertaining. My non-MMA fans friends were thoroughly entertained.

I'd rather watch someone different than see Chad Elkington and Kyle Kizmar "stand and bang" with crap technique ten times in a row each card, with 80% of those guys getting cut after a few fights.

At least Hall is truly world class at one thing rather than being mediocre everywhere.

I take the title of the this thread at face value. For some time, Ryan had an air of invincibility, deservedly so due to never having lost in the octagon. Now that he has lost, that aura is gone.

That said, he's still excellent at his specialty, but needs to expand his repertoire for those fights where he just can't snare the heel hook.

Yeah not sure I believe him looks like an excuse.
Even if true, so when a fighter breaks his hand he starts rolling around on the floor like an assclown is all he can do?
I’ve never hear Ryan make excuses so I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. Add to that he fought differently and it was noticeable. He doesn’t normally spam that many imanaris and he had a hold of Topuria a couple of times but couldn’t secure the leg. You guys are just so triggered and butthurt by Ryan that you can’t see things rationally. Again, props to Topuria. And all the dummies, not necessarily you, that say he’s done...we’ll see about that.

I read that, yes. I knew that. He's not the first fighter to do so. Zabit broke his hand before his fight. He's not unique in that regard. He bought into his own hype, thought he deserved a top 10 before being ranked because he beat a BJ Penn and some other no name. He set himself up for the embarassment by saying everyone was ducking him. Why should a top 10 fight a non ranked fighter? Ask yourself that question. What did Ryan Hall do enough to accuse the top 10 of ducking him?

This is not an Islam makhachev situation where he's actually a ranked guy and still hasnt' found a top 10 opponent. No one ducked Hall. Hall at their point in their careers and Hall's career, it didn't make sense on any level to fight Hall.

There's nothing wrong with breaking a hand in fighting. That shit happens. The embarrassment is him talking all that talk, saying people was ducking him and having the performance he did.
Firstly, yeah people break hands all the time. But it’s no secret that Ryan’s striking is probably more heavily dependent on his ground game than any other fighter. Could he have chosen to stand and work around the break? Sure. He was trying, he just got knocked out in the process.
Secondly, you’re talking about Ryan like he’s some cocky SOB and if you know anything about him you know he’s not. So you can keep that bullshit to yourself. He was in the top 15 at one point right? The nerve of a top 15 guy asking for a top 10 opponent? He wanted to climb the ladder just like everyone else but guys kept getting mysteriously getting injured and pulling out. So yeah he got frustrated and did something totally out of character to get a fight, he publicly said guys were ducking him. Is it ducking when you’re ranked 15 and number 5 says, “No thanks?” No. But he was calling out guys very close to his rankling. That IS ducking. Give me your best evidence that he “bought into his hype” in the form of a quote or whatever situation you’re talking about....I’ll wait.

Fake news that he “bought into his hype” and only wanted a top 10 opponent.

Ryan Hall says he’s open to fighting just about anyone, but the one thing the UFC star says he won’t compromise on sets him apart from most of his peers.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/a-frustrat...-insists-on-proper-preparation-000503545.html

EDIT: my mistake...you said deserved. Not “only wanted”

Fake news that he “bought into his hype” and only wanted a top 10 opponent.

Ryan Hall says he’s open to fighting just about anyone, but the one thing the UFC star says he won’t compromise on sets him apart from most of his peers.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/a-frustrat...-insists-on-proper-preparation-000503545.html

EDIT: my mistake...you said deserved. Not “only wanted”

He called out Korean Zombie, then Called out Ige. They're not obligated to fight him. He's done nothing impressive to deserve a top 10 guy, when he himself isn't ranked. Ige obliged him and he pulled out. Did he think he was going to get rewarded with another top 10 guy? He hasn't shown the UFC that he's reliable and he doesn't generate that level of interest for them to wait on him like they did a khabib. He makes it sound like guys are ducking him. Really, there's no reason to fight Hall. He doesn't do much for anyone's stock. He himself is not even ranked. The guys that are unranked like him, are gunning for bottom top 15 guys or guys just on that verge, they are not gunning for hall. I'm sure some fighters didn't want to fight him because it wasn't a good matchup deemed by their manager, but this whole notion he's being ducked is a made up notion.

Firstly, yeah people break hands all the time. But it’s no secret that Ryan’s striking is probably more heavily dependent on his ground game than any other fighter. Could he have chosen to stand and work around the break? Sure. He was trying, he just got knocked out in the process.
Secondly, you’re talking about Ryan like he’s some cocky SOB and if you know anything about him you know he’s not. So you can keep that bullshit to yourself. He was in the top 15 at one point right? The nerve of a top 15 guy asking for a top 10 opponent? He wanted to climb the ladder just like everyone else but guys kept getting mysteriously getting injured and pulling out. So yeah he got frustrated and did something totally out of character to get a fight, he publicly said guys were ducking him. Is it ducking when you’re ranked 15 and number 5 says, “No thanks?” No. But he was calling out guys very close to his rankling. That IS ducking. Give me your best evidence that he “bought into his hype” in the form of a quote or whatever situation you’re talking about....I’ll wait.
First off, I never said he was cocky. I said he was deluded. There's a difference. He think he's done enough to deserve top guys. That's delusion. That's not cocky.

He's not in the same position Islam is as an example. Islam can beg for a top 10 guy because he was bottom top 15 with an long UFC winstreak prior to being ranked top 10. Hall is not. I don't believe Hall was ever ranked.

Back