Rumored Francis Ngannou vs Deontay Wilder to take place in PFL, 2024

Who wins a potential mixed-rules fight?

• Francis Ngannou

Votes: 91 87.5%
  • Deontay Wilder

Votes: 13 12.5%

• Total voters
This reminds me of when Tyson Fury was full of talk about having an MMA fight. That changed rather abruptly when Jones called him out.

Dumb fucking idea. Should be a boxing match. Francis proved he can hang in that world, and it would actually be a quality fight. Really hope this turns out to be just a rumor.
lol @ proved. It was an exhibition match. Fury didn’t train for it and didn’t put any effort in during the match.

lol @ proved. It was an exhibition match. Fury didn’t train for it and didn’t put any effort in during the match.

Arguably beating Tyson Fury, even on his worst night, in the worst shape he's ever been in, proves you can hang as a professional boxer. It's foolish to say otherwise.

Arguably beating Tyson Fury, even on his worst night, in the worst shape he's ever been in, proves you can hang as a professional boxer. It's foolish to say otherwise.
Saying he beat Tyson is foolish. Saying it proves anything is just stupid.

Saying he beat Tyson is foolish. Saying it proves anything is just stupid.

So, in your book, you have to beat one of the top 2 HW boxers on the planet to prove you can hang as a boxer?

Yes, Tyson looked like shit. He likely didn't take Francis seriously as a boxer. Still, Frank took him to a decision that a majority of observers felt he won. If you wanna argue that the state of HW boxing is shit, that's fine, but Francis showed he can hang with them.

That’s the only correct conclusion you’ve made and truthfully, it’s the only correct conclusion to be made. Anything else is speculation.

It seems to me like the fight going the way it did just pissed you off for some reason, and it's causing you to just be difficult on the topic lol.

If a guy making his boxing debut can take a guy like Tyson Fury to a decision, that many feel he won, it counts for something.

Do I feel like Ngannou is going to take the boxing world by storm and start collecting belts? No. Throw him in there with Usyk and he gets absolutely thrashed. But the guy has earned another high profile bout or 2, and I think Wilder would be a great choice and is likely a competitive bout. This mixed rules shit is pointless.

If mixed rules means MMA gloves and 5 minute rounds then I'm very interested. If Ngannou is allowed to wrestle or kick at all then it's not going to be competitive. I think the best rules to make a fun fight would be to allow clinches for dirty boxing but no knees or kicks, no ground fighting at all.

Back