Rumored Francis Ngannou vs Deontay Wilder to take place in PFL, 2024

Who wins a potential mixed-rules fight?

• Francis Ngannou

Votes: 91 87.5%
  • Deontay Wilder

Votes: 13 12.5%

• Total voters
They are delusional. Wilder is either going to lose his next fight or fight Joshua. The Saudis are offering insane money.

Yeah it's on
He has little choice but to take the fight

The humiliation by Ngannou might actually work in Fury's favour

He will be training harder than ever and he will realise he isn't as good as he really thinks

Honestly I'm not sure who I think will win. If you just judge the Ngannou fight, then usyk is a big favourite. But then again, Usyk despite all his experience, skills, speed etc, hasn't got Francis strength to fight in the clinch or the power to scare Fury

I hate to say this, but I think Fury will win an ugly fight. Either that or Usyk really puts in a top career performance and boxes him silly. The early rounds will tell. If Fury can't get close to use his extra size to wear him down? He is done for, as Fury's movement is gone. He cannot go on the backfoot now and use his reach. His legs have gone

It's seriously an interesting match
It would be hilarious if Fury gets dominated and humiliated again
But then again even if he loses at least he stepped up to fight Usyk ill respect him more for that

What? Francis “looked so good” because Fury didn’t train, didn’t prepare and put almost no effort in during the match.
Yeah Francis is trash, Jones would have KO that version of Fury in under 2 rounds. God bless Dana White

Does PFL really think this type of crap is going to build a legitimate business? Latest rumor I heard is PFL is targeting Santa Clause vs Easter Bunny for their first PPV main event, get your tickets now!

“My thing is I’m trying to come into the UFC family,” Wilder told ESNews. “I’m looking to cross over and do both boxing and going to the UFC as well. I’m serious about that. I’ve been getting a lot of calls. …I can see myself doing both. Being since boxing is not going as fast as it should be or fighters fearing for themselves not to fight.”

Wilder said a big motivation of joining the UFC is the fact that his boxing career has slowed in recent years. Wilder has only fought once since his knockout loss to Tyson Fury in 2021, a first-round knockout of Robert Helenius last October. Wilder pointed to the UFC’s track record of “the best fighting the best,” which he credited to the UFC’s outspoken head, Dana White. Wilder, however, will likely have to settle for a smaller purse in the UFC than the kinds he is accustomed to making in boxing; top boxers tend to outearn top UFC fighters. (It is unlikely that Ngannou would be involved in this scenario since he acrimoniously parted ways with the UFC earlier this year).

“You have a UFC fight where I know you ain’t got to worry about records, you ain’t gotta worry about managers or promotions or whatever,” Wilder said. “The best is going to fight the best, because Dana gonna make sure they get what they want. Like he said, it ain’t all about record. It’s about the best fighting the best. That’s where I want to be at. I got several years left in me to be able to do this. I just wanna run it all out. I want to squeeze it all out until my time is up. I got a lot to deal right now. I just want to benefit both worlds. Being champion in both of them, heavyweight champion in both of them, UFC and boxing.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/...terest-i-m-trying-to-come-into-the-ufc-family

Wilder still thinks Francis is in the UFC LOL.

This isn't happening.

I'd watch it.

Rodtang and Mighty Mouse was intense.

If it were RD1 only 5mins boxing.
RD2 only 5 mins kickboxing.
RD3 only 5 mins MMA.

A fair spread.

A mixed rules Boxing fight with MMA gloves and continuous clinch, in the smart cage would be awesome to see ... KINDA like bare knuckle boxing but not a tiny ring and broken hands ..

No elbows or knees or kicks..takedowns , subs.

Just boxing with no clinch break rule in the clinch and MMA gloves ...3 minute rounds × 8-10 rounds .

This could be a big time event for sure...a nice equal blend between the two sports ..

I would watch for sure ..I hope PFL can make it happen

Also side note PFL is likely sharing around 50% of their PPv revenues with the fighters/champions ....soo HAAA at the UFC with their 18% at best LOL...

The only kind of "mixed rules" that Wilder will fight under involve fighting with smaller gloves, or some other nominal change that still involves a punching-only fight. No way he fights a grappling battle.

What? Francis “looked so good” because Fury didn’t train, didn’t prepare and put almost no effort in during the match.
If Fury didn't train he would not have been able to handle the adversity that was present.

Fury was forced to bring the fight to Francis, and he was looking really good until he got hit with that counter in round 3.

Not a fan of fights that don’t count. It needs do be a full MMA fight or full boxing that counts on a record.

Dumb fucking idea. Should be a boxing match. Francis proved he can hang in that world, and it would actually be a quality fight. Really hope this turns out to be just a rumor.

Back