Francis Ngannou expects to fight Renan Ferreira-Ryan Bader winner in #MMA return #PFLvsBellator

So it will be Ngannou vs Bader cause there’s no way Ferreira is beating Bader. Ehhh I doubt it happens if Ngannou actually wins vs AJ.

I'd shit my pants laughing if Ryan Bader ends up beating Ngannou
dont remember how good Bader take downs were lol but if you knew the guy you were fighting has been training basically boxing for 2yrs wouldnt you just wrestle fk him shrugs... would be funny 0-2 in boxing.. then losing in PFL whew to wrestling

Hopefully after he fights (and beats) the winner of bader/ferreira they make Nemkov/Ngannou. That’s probably the biggest fight they can make with PFLattor. Have to imagine, with Francis’ size and physicality, it would be a tough out for Nemkov, but hey there’s a reason they have the fights

yeah sure the hardest resume the best resume
francis literally left when jones entered the HW division

and lol at idiots claiming the one who left didnt duck
and the one who stayed ducked
weirdos gonna be weirdos
I’ve definitely argued with you about jones before, but I agree 100%

jones was willing to fight, ngannou wasn’t, and then ngannou started throwing stones from across the pond

I love seeing Francis do his thing outside the UFC. He gambled big on himself and he won. He's got boxing offers, MMA PPVs to headline, and he's setting himself up for the business side once he's done fighting, too.

Can't wait to see him back with the MMA gloves. HW needs Francis because the division is basically dead across all promotions right now

I’ve definitely argued with you about jones before, but I agree 100%

jones was willing to fight, ngannou wasn’t, and then ngannou started throwing stones from across the pond
BS.

When Ngannou took the title, Jones was not injured, he was offered the fight and declined because "8-10millions was way too low". It is on record.

Ngannou planned at least 3 years ahead to complete his contract and explore his options, including his dream of boxing. And as soon as his contract ended and negotiations to renew failed, Jones magically appeared out of a 3 years layoff.

But yeah, you know, he went to box Tyson Fury because he wanted no risk and easy fights. Makes sense, right?

Someone must've finally explained to him that there was probably an obvious rematch clause between Fury and Usyk so he wasn't getting the fight even if he somehow beats Joshua.

That and that he'd be in obvious breach of his PFL contract if he doesn't fight for them in 2024 as he'd agreed to. He'd already been stretching it considering he was supposed to fight for them early 2024 but they waived that to let him fight Joshua instead.

How hilarious to go from fighting Jones to fighting the guy he obliterated 13 years ago. More so if Bader wrestlefucks him.

Can't wait to see Francis, the undisputed MMA HW Champion, back in the cage.​

No matter who his opponent is... they'll show more HW courage than Pico ever did.
Francis who fled MMA instead of fighting Jones

and now sets his eyes and courageous return on, Ryan Bader..

Hells to the yeah!!!

I remember when Bader looked terrified to do anything against Rumble and ended up shooting from halfway across the octagon and got stuffed and flattened and the fight was over.
He also put Fedor to sleep in 10 seconds with a jab

I expect so, too.

I know the narrative is he would make so much more boxing, but a win is much more likely in an MMA fight. And he's only going to be relevant if he proves he can still win fights.

Yeah, even if he looks good against Joshua but still loses I don't see his salary going up from there. He has to start winning in boxing to keep getting these massive paychecks. In MMA the payout is smaller but he can keep winning much easier, probably into his 40s.

When Ngannou took the title, Jones was not injured, he was offered the fight and declined because "8-10millions was way too low". It is on record.
Weird how there's no mention here that Francis was refusing to defend, not even against simply Lewis.

Which created an interim title that he refused to unify for a whole year from when he'd won the title.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you've been bitching about Jon not defending against Aspinall over Stipe, but here you are apparently fine suggesting Ngannou should've ignored his interim champ Gane to fight Jon instead. Interesting.
Ngannou planned at least 3 years ahead to complete his contract and explore his options, including his dream of boxing. And as soon as his contract ended and negotiations to renew failed, Jones magically appeared out of a 3 years layoff.
Having established now that Ngannou was tied up for 2021 dealing with an interim champion, is there anything at all you can think of that occurred in 2022 that kept him from fighting Jones then?

Something like perhaps having completely torn his knee apart preparing for Gane? And the year of recovery? And the fact that his contract was up because he used it against Gane and not Jones?

2023 was the possible year for them to fight if Ngannou re-signed. This was long known at the time. Jon showed up, Ngannou didn't.

Bader is as good as finished in this fight, I see Francis ending it inside a few minuets.

Ferreira stand a chance here??

The people who keep bringing up Rumble have no idea what Bader's done for the last 8 years. He's a lot more comfortable striking these days, interestingly especially at HW. His chin, durability, and power are seemingly much better there than LHW. Makes sense at his age.

He absolutely shouldn't try a striking gameplan with Ngannou though of course. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him come out trading just fine until he's got an actual opportunity for a takedown.

I still expect him to lose if Ngannou has anywhere near his old TDD he showed against Stipe 2, but that was 3 years, knee surgery, and boxing only since.

That wasn't meant to be a jab at how good of a fighter Bader is, just pointing out that if he was that hesitant against Rumble I wonder how a fight against Ngannou will look.

Weird how there's no mention here that Francis was refusing to defend, not even against simply Lewis.

Which created an interim title that he refused to unify for a whole year from when he'd won the title.
He had to leave the US to renew his visa, nothing he could have done anything. They made an interim after 5 months, when he said he would be ready a month later, the most unwarranted interim fight in combat sport history.
And stop your BS with "refusing to unify", after the interim fight, they were waiting for Gane to be ready again...

If you believe he was ducking Lewis, to then defend against Gane despite a massive injury, I have a couple of bridges to sell you.

Last edited:
Back