Gaethje is going to take Rafael's legs away

im a big Justin fan and give him props for taking this fight

unfortunately his wreckless madness has taken years off his career , brain cells and chin ….. he gets rocked every fight now .

fiziev is a stylistic nightmare

I will always enjoy Justin’s fights more then fizievs , but fiziev is absolutely gunna wreck
Justin here and it’s clear as day .
Sooo looking forward to this fight.

too bad this fight isnt five rounds, I think fiz will break in the later rounds, havent seen him put up a high paced fight before.

Man I want a firefight but hopefully no leg breaks dear God.
Everytime I think of these leg-kickers I immediately cringe with secondhand pain

Gaethje's kicks will ultimately win him the fight. You heard it first.
No. Fiziev is muay thai base and will check his kicks. Gaethje couldn't even get his kicks going vs Olivera because Olivera checked all his kicks after Gaethje landed one leg kick. Gaethje's leg kicking game only works on fighters that don't know how to check kicks. Won't work vs muay thai based fighters like Fizeiv. Gaethje throws naked leg kicks and doesn't do combos with leg kicks. Fizeiv is used to a higher level kicking game from his muay thai career prior to mma/UFC.

It might work. It depends if Fizzy trains for them. I don't think it is a guaranteed thing. Thais don't throw leg kicks much until they transition out to international competition. Justin also throws calf kicks which aren't used in MT. If it's tit for tat low kick war then Justin wins. That is assuming Justin can land the thigh or calf kick. Fizzy isn't a low kicker. He prefers the lead or rear leg body kick with punch combinations. Most of Justin's opponents punch in the clinch and he is able to throw low kicks when there is space. I believe Fizzy will neutralize Justin in the clinch range with knees.

I need to see the weigh in. Fizzy is a bit short but I think he is really 5'8. He isn't Chandler's type of 5'8.

I'll be shocked if this fight goes well for Gaethje, I have a strong feeling he's getting finished. I think he's on the decline sadly, after 2 tough title losses, I don't see him reaching the top again. I'd be happy to be proven wrong tho, but I think Fiziev will be too much for him.

I wish Gaethje gives a good account of himself, he's always exciting but I fear for him in this match. Fiziev strikes like a machine gun and I don't think Gaethje has the confidence or the heart anymore to absorb what's coming. This could end ugly and fast.

Lol, think Trevor hit Justin's ceiling after watching him gas in Olympic pool and made his cardio a strength. End of story. Gaethje fights one way - an improvement before Alvarez, albeit- .
Justin is a decent fighter but will continue to lose to fighters he's supposed to lose to.
He's not far away from the " gatekeeper" stamp which isn't terrible if it's ufc level GK.

I imagine that Fiziev will murder Justin’s body with kicks too.
I actually think Fiziev will target the body a lot here, Gaethje keeps a pretty high guard which leaves his body to be pretty open.

Most of his opponents are head hunters(Dustin, Chandler, Johnson, Eddie), but even someone like Eddie had some good success to the body which help lead to a finish.
Fiziev goes for the body, legs and head, the dude has a ton of variety in his attacks which is something we Gaethje hasn't really faced before.

I do agree with some that Gaethje is being a bit underestimated here and I see him making this a hard fight due to his volume and counters, however I'm predicting Fiziev will get a late finish after many brutal exchanges between him and Gaethje.

I have no idea, like both but am a pretty big fan of Justin so he will probably get KO'd brutally.

Always liked Gaethje, but can’t see him winning this one.

I feel like he’s on the backside of his career. Rooting for him, but wouldn’t put $$$ on it.

Gonna be some kind of violence.

Think that last war with chandler and him getting dropped by charles so early in the round could be a sign of a fading chin. He's either inflicting damage or taking damage can't ask for more in the entertainment department.

Much higher likelyhood of Fiziev taking Gaethje's legs away. Or Fiziev checking Gaethje's kicks, resulting in Gaethje hurting his own leg/feet.

I fancy Gaethje and Usman to both win on this card. I would rather see Leon and Fiziev win though as a lover of Muay Thai, but i'm not letting my head dictate my brains thoughts lol.

Fiz is gonna take away Justins weapons, I dont think the leg kick will determine anything as Fiz should be able to avoid them.

Fiz is better/cleaner at all the things Justin does.

Im a fan of both and am not counting out Justin’s ability to connect and shut the lights off either….

What Justin’s path to victory? Grappling the entire time? can he even do that? I don’t think we’ve ever seen an offensive grappling attack from him.

Fiziev is the rightful favorite in my opinion, but people are acting like gaethje is a poodle being fed to a lion here, which I disagree with. Gaethje is always dangerous and almost always gets his licks in. This will be a fun fight.

Absolutely agree, Fiziev has been quite hittable as well. I'm picking Fiziev too, but Gaethje cracking him for a TKO wouldn't be a huge shock.

I actually think Fiziev will target the body a lot here, Gaethje keeps a pretty high guard which leaves his body to be pretty open.

Most of his opponents are head hunters(Dustin, Chandler, Johnson, Eddie), but even someone like Eddie had some good success to the body which help lead to a finish.
Fiziev goes for the body, legs and head, the dude has a ton of variety in his attacks which is something we Gaethje hasn't really faced before.

I do agree with some that Gaethje is being a bit underestimated here and I see him making this a hard fight due to his volume and counters, however I'm predicting Fiziev will get a late finish after many brutal exchanges between him and Gaethje.
Excellent observations! :)

Back