Social Gas the Ozzies?

We have to start looking at hospitalization instead of cases. The point of the vaccine is to minimize the symptoms to prevent severe illness. COVID is here to stay. We're vaccinated now it shouldn't be much worse than a bad cold. We're going to have to live with that.
Yup but 2 years of media hysteria has a large group of people in flat out denial. Some people have based their entire personalities around this too

You just don't get it. Australia has had less cases because the majority have followed these restrictions at various points, including running covid to zero multiple times. We have states who have had no deaths by locking everyone else out.

Your right covid is 10x worse there. What's the difference? Our vax rate was shit. It's because they were able to close borders and lock out states with high cases. I hate it, I don't like being locked down, but it seems to have been effective until people vaccinate. You are selling stricter conditions as a means to combat covid by saying"See Australia isn't bad."

My personal view is just open up, but your inability to understand everything you say actually supports the lockdowns, vaccination push and all this crap is the funny part.

I don't care, just open up. Don't take over city streets and assault people. That's my issue.

No one is forcing people to get vaccinated. Plenty of people don't get to do jobs or activities for various reasons. The decision was made for this industry, take it to court not the street.

When I say covid is ten times worse here, its still not a big enough issue to justify anything remotely close to whats going on in Australia. If you can't see that that government has gone too far, then that is quite concerning. What scares me is that I could wake up in Australia one day without getting on a plane.

I'm saying the opposite of what you think I'm saying. Government imposing the strictest tyrannical rules that don't make any sense is not a sell for things being better in Australia.

I really hope things do change for the Aussies, I've always loved Australians and hope to visit again if things change.

When I say covid is ten times worse here, its still not a big enough issue to justify anything remotely close to whats going on in Australia. If you can't see that that government has gone too far, then that is quite concerning. What scares me is that I could wake up in Australia one day without getting on a plane.

I'm saying the opposite of what you think I'm saying. Government imposing the strictest tyrannical rules that don't make any sense is not a sell for things being better in Australia.

I really hope things do change for the Aussies, I've always loved Australians and hope to visit again if things change.

What tyrannical rules do you think there are? The only difference between the US, Canada and other states is our lockdowns are still going.Heaps of countries did the same lockdwons, with the difference being Australia has provided multiple grants to people and businesses. Last year people were paid $1500 a fortnight to stay at home, plus grants for their business. It's not perfect, but it's better than other countries in the same situation.

I haven't said the lockdowns aren't shit, but you are watching the news and not taking into account anything else besides the fact that people are at home. The small business having a legitimate reason to complain, they have had it the worst due to ongoing rents and inability to pivot services during covid.

The issue you have is you don't understand that the tradies have received these payments and barely stopped working all pandemic.

A large number of sites were inspected by Worksafe and found to be breaching masking, contact tracing and covid guidelines. 3/4 of the recent cases were coming from individual sites, so site numbers were reduced and the tradies were warned that their industry would be subject to a snap lockdown or further measures if they didn't get it together and start following the worksafe plans. They didn't so vaccination was made mandatory and they closed tea rooms temporarily. In a short snap stop gap semi lockdown. They gave them a week to book a vax appointment or to get one. They also gave them priority.

Then they protested about their tea rooms by having a peaceful sit in. That was a good protest
https://7news.com.au/travel/victori...-including-sydney-road-and-lonsdale-c-3988471

Then they got 7 hours at CFMEU to peacefully protest. When they didn't get what they wanted that day and after the union boss said some things about the protest being hijacked by anti vaxers, they became violent which led to all the other crap.

You guys are picking little isolated videos from arrests related to completely different people. There haven't been tradies there since day 3, it's just the tin foil hat people now with a few people caught up in it until they realise who the protesters are.

They sit there and yell about pedos taking over the world and 5G etc... The recent one is that the government blocked media and there are still thousands of protests currently which is how they lost the last bit of support.

It's little groups of 10-20 who meet up, chant the conspiracy stuff and refuse to even use enough common sense to hide by wearing a mask. They literally just need to go for a jog, off major roads, wearing a t shirt saying "End Lockdowns" and they could do whatever they want and achieve more than the crap they tried to pull...

Covid is real, lockdowns suck, get/Don't get Vaxed, Bill Gates isn't injecting 5G microchips into our brains to control us. The world has just committed to vaccination because it's how we have gotten out of every major virus in history that hasn't rapidly died out prior.

From the country that banned backpacks.

Last edited:
Why is no one mentioning that these insane Australian lockdowns literally aren't working? Australia cases have gone exponential with no sign of slowing. Australia currently has a higher case count per capita than Sweden, and Sweden has no Covid restrictions of any kind.

Why is no one mentioning that these insane Australian lockdowns literally aren't working? Australia cases have gone exponential with no sign of slowing. Australia currently has a higher case count per capita than Sweden, and Sweden has no Covid restrictions of any kind.
B-b-b-but that means it's working!!!

<{afrobol}>

Sweden has 25k current cases and 1.1 million total.
Australia has 31k current cases and 100k total.

Australia has over 2x Swedens population.

You're not only wrong but you're too dumb to do grade school math.

Sweden has 25k current cases and 1.1 million total.
Australia has 31k current cases and 100k total.

Australia has over 2x Swedens population.

You're not only wrong but you're too dumb to do grade school math.

9yVOVBO.jpg

Our testing numbers are also 3x that of sweden.
Our vaccination rate apx 30% lower.

Last edited:

That's because what you are told about isn't happening. The two states with all the cases are opening up and the eradication strategy is over.

That's because what you are told about isn't happening. The two states with all the cases are opening up and the eradication strategy is over.

Thank fuck for that, common sense might finally be prevailing. I also read today that Australia will start allowing citizens and their families to fly again internationally from November, so hopefully the worst nonsenses are over there now.

Thank fuck for that, common sense might finally be prevailing. I also read today that Australia will start allowing citizens and their families to fly again internationally from November, so hopefully the worst nonsenses are over there now.

I can pretty much guarantee that won't happen; or at least, it won't happen in the broader sense of Australia opening. Maybe one state - New South Wales, will, but the others won't.

I've been very supportive of our methods up until Delta - we have had tremendous success but the game has changed and we have been very slow to change with it. It's time to vaccinate, open up, and accept that some people will die.

Vic seems a mile away from opening though?

NSW seems to have accepted that it's pointless to stay closed, however 70% opening seems very dangerous as most places which opened at 80% copped huge cases.

Vic seems a mile away from opening though?

NSW seems to have accepted that it's pointless to stay closed, however 70% opening seems very dangerous as most places which opened at 80% copped huge cases.

They are going to do it anyway, because they've overused lockdowns as a response to their own inadequacies with the testing, quarantine and contact tracing. If compliance drops and people aren't taking them seriously anymore, they aren't worth a damn anyway.
I'm sure Perrottet will just say it wasn't his fault he inherited the mess (and my understanding is he was anti-lockdown).

Back