News Gegard Mousasi to defend title vs. John Salter at Bellator 264, Aug. 13

@Hellowhosthat Ty Gwerder is -275 over Bestaev. Do you have any info on Bestaev? I havent been too impressed with Gwerder yo warrant thise odds against anybody.

+400 for Magomedov seems very excessive.
who is setting these odds? it seems sometimes that absolute casuals are deciding the odds. I get that Bellator likes to do some squash matches, but people treat every matchup on the card as one

Mousasi is at -290, which is quiet surprising. Magomedov ia at -400, though and Koreshkov is at -335. Im pretty confident at a parley of this 3 fights (+118) and will be waiting for the odds on Magomedov vs Stots FGTD, Koreshkov vs Homasi FDNGTD, and Mousasi vs Salter O2.5.
Yeah - a few outfits have posted. These lines can move / adjust in the next 48 hours .... and by quite a bit ( I mean - we'll see). Theres a whole bunch that still havent opened yet but I agree.

@Hellowhosthat Ty Gwerder is -275 over Bestaev. Do you have any info on Bestaev? I havent been too impressed with Gwerder yo warrant thise odds against anybody.

Bestaev isn't good, you may recall him being brought to job to Phil Hawes on DWCS

Gwerder isnt a world beater either.
Both have one bad loss. In a straight pick em I'd go with Gwerder because I think his losses are slightly better but if the line is right then picking Bestaev could easily be better.

Hopefully they get a replacement for Johnny.
They're still only at 10 fights for the card on the 20th so they could easily just add it to that one if either fight gets cleared on time.

Sabatello tested positive for COVID, does anyone know if commissions in places that don't have any covid restrictions, ala no masks, limits, whatever, still require Covid testing for fighters and corners?

Both have one bad loss. In a straight pick em I'd go with Gwerder because I think his losses are slightly better but if the line is right then picking Bestaev could easily be better.

They're still only at 10 fights for the card on the 20th so they could easily just add it to that one if either fight gets cleared on time.
Move Cupcake to that card against someone like Cee Jay Hamilton or Erik Perez.

Move Cupcake to that card against someone like Cee Jay Hamilton or Erik Perez.
Woah you mean undefeated in Combate Erik Perez. Let's calm down, he isn't ready to face the level off competition found in the number 1 promotion in MMA

Erik Perez was 7-2 in the UFC, genuinely surprised

The prelims minus Cupcakes just made them that much less watchable.

I'm going for PFL this Friday and catch up on Bellator main card the next day.

On the plus side that also means the prelims without Sabatello.

MAIN CARD (Showtime, 9 p.m. ET)

• Champ Gegard Mousasi vs. John Salter – for middleweight title
  • Sabah Homasi vs. Andrey Koreshkov
  • Magomed Magomedov vs. Raufeon Stots
  • Everett Cummings def. Davion Franklin
  • Khadzhimurat Bestaev vs. Ty Gwerder
PRELIMINARY CARD (MMA Junkie, 7:15 p.m. ET)

• Roberta Samad vs. Pam Sorenson
  • Justin Montalvo vs. Kendly St. Louis
  • Jeffrey Glossner vs. Sebastian Ruiz
  • Jon McNeil vs. Orlando Mendoza

MAIN CARD (Showtime, 9 p.m. ET)

• Champ Gegard Mousasi vs. John Salter – for middleweight title
  • Sabah Homasi vs. Andrey Koreshkov
  • Magomed Magomedov vs. Raufeon Stots
  • Everett Cummings def. Davion Franklin
  • Khadzhimurat Bestaev vs. Ty Gwerder
PRELIMINARY CARD (MMA Junkie, 7:15 p.m. ET)

• Roberta Samad vs. Pam Sorenson
  • Justin Montalvo vs. Kendly St. Louis
  • Jeffrey Glossner vs. Sebastian Ruiz
  • Jon McNeil vs. Orlando Mendoza
That is a sad, sad preliminary card. I dont think Im exagerating if I say this is sub-Titan FC standards.

Lol it's absolutely fucking abysmal.
They are not too far off from the level of Combate fights, though and look at them, they are the #2 MMA promotion of the world. If only they would be aired at a Latin American TV station.

Back