News Gegard Mousasi to defend title vs. John Salter at Bellator 264, Aug. 13

For a card that literally had only Gegard vs. Salter until this week, this looks like a really strong main card
So far it is
Mousasi vs Salter
Koreshkov vs Homasi
Stots vs Magomedov
Lara vs Bennet
Mowry vs Golm
Franklin vs Cummings

The first 5 fights is a good main card, since I know they love having a WMMA bout on the main card

Koreshkov vs Homasi

Koreshkov is still really good. He’s only lost to the top guys in the division. He’s still young enough to get to the UFC and make an impact. I’d like to see him win this and go to UFC and compete there. If it’s the right matchups I feel he could be top 10 quickly.

Koreshkov is still really good. He’s only lost to the top guys in the division. He’s still young enough to get to the UFC and make an impact. I’d like to see him win this and go to UFC and compete there. If it’s the right matchups I feel he could be top 10 quickly.
He should go to the UFC so that he'll go from bellabum to UFC pogchamp in the eyes of sherdoggers overnight.

He should go to the UFC so that he'll go from bellabum to UFC pogchamp in the eyes of sherdoggers overnight.
Holy shit, Koreshkov is still only 30. I swear he has been around for so long. Crazy to think he made his Bellator debut at 21

Pam Sorensen is fighting Roberta Samad, she says so in the comments in reply to Arlene Blencowe

Holy shit, Koreshkov is still only 30. I swear he has been around for so long. Crazy to think he made his Bellator debut at 21
Yes he will be 31 in a few weeks but not too old to have a UFC run. I think he’s got enough in the tank to get a few wins but WW is stacked in UFC. Depends on the matchups.

Yes he will be 31 in a few weeks but not too old to have a UFC run. I think he’s got enough in the tank to get a few wins but WW is stacked in UFC. Depends on the matchups.

Yeah, if you get mixed up with the up and coming killers in that division like Khamzat, Brady, Shavkat and now Garry you can get in trouble before you even hit the older established names

Yeah, if you get mixed up with the up and coming killers in that division like Khamzat, Brady, Shavkat and now Garry you can get in trouble before you even hit the older established names
Yeah it’ll all come down to the matchups, if UFC want to make a point they can really have him go 0-3 and out. But I think he could beat Geoff Neal Maia maybe Belal. Could maybe even outstrike an older Jorge. But it’s such a tough division don’t see UFC giving him any good matchups.

Yeah it’ll all come down to the matchups, if UFC want to make a point they can really have him go 0-3 and out. But I think he could beat Geoff Neal Maia maybe Belal. Could maybe even outstrike an older Jorge. But it’s such a tough division don’t see UFC giving him any good matchups.

Tbh I don't think they really care about making Bellator guys look bad anymore. They've promoted Chandler,Sakai etc fine.

The main issue would be the arbitrary Russian limit they seem to have.

This is a better fight than Homasi vs Gracie.

Lol it seems that Bellator officials or journalists are looking at the posts on Sherdog since Pam fight got announced today after I posted about it yesterday, even tho Pam confirmed it 4 days ago. I want my credit god dammit!

Justin Montalvo (2-0) vs. Kendly St. Louis (3-4) also added

Anyway for the lurkers, confirm

Bellator 264
Nekruz Mirkhojaev vs. TBA

Bellator 265
Logan Storley vs. TBA
Taylor Johnson vs. TBA
Mike Hamel vs. TBA
Keith Lee vs. TBA

Bellator Ireland (270?)
Lewis Long vs. TBA
Gavin Hughes vs. TBA
Andrew Fisher vs. TBA

Last edited:

Lol it seems that Bellator officials or journalists are looking at the posts on Sherdog since Pam fight got announced today after I posted about it yesterday, even tho Pam confirmed it 4 days ago. I want my credit god dammit!

Justin Montalvo (2-0) vs. Kendly St. Louis (3-4) also added

Anyway for the lurkers, confirm

Bellator 264
Featherweight Nekruz Mirkhojaev vs. TBA

Bellator 265
Welterweight Logan Storley vs. TBA
Middleweight Taylor Johnson vs. TBA
Lightweight Mike Hamel vs. TBA
Bantamweight Keith Lee vs. TBA

Bellator has been booking a few more of those local guys fighting than they had in the past year. I dont mind those fights as fillers for the prelims but I hope they dont become a full of local guys fighting in the prelims.

Bellator has been booking a few more of those local guys fighting than they had in the past year. I dont mind those fights as fillers for the prelims but I hope they dont become a full of local guys fighting in the prelims.
This one is only Johnny Cisneros vs. Joshua Jones and Justin Barry vs. Daniel Compton. Max 2-4 fights in the very early prelims is fine for me with these regional type of matchups

Back