News Gegard Mousasi to defend title vs. John Salter at Bellator 264, Aug. 13

Bellator has been booking a few more of those local guys fighting than they had in the past year. I dont mind those fights as fillers for the prelims but I hope they dont become a full of local guys fighting in the prelims.

They've always done that, its just to sell tickets through local fighters. I can't see them stopping, the only reason they haven't been doing it lately is no crowds but I imagine they'll soon be back to those 20 fight cards loaded with nobodies.

This one is only Johnny Cisneros vs. Joshua Jones and Justin Barry vs. Daniel Compton. Max 2-4 fights in the very early prelims is fine for me with these regional type of matchups
They've always done that, its just to sell tickets through local fighters. I can't see them stopping, the only reason they haven't been doing it lately is no crowds but I imagine they'll soon be back to those 20 fight cards loaded with nobodies.
If those early prelims were made of a Bellator Challenger type of fights rather than local fighters selling tickets that would be awesome. Having said that, that same formula worked for them to stay afloat and I'm assuming they found a couple of solid fighters.

If those early prelims were made of a Bellator Challenger type of fights rather than local fighters selling tickets that would be awesome. Having said that, that same formula worked for them to stay afloat and I'm assuming they found a couple of solid fighters.

Tbh it's the one thing that makes them look a bit bush league, having 3-3 guys fight 2-4 guys on the prelims, but it is what it is.

Tbh it's the one thing that makes them look a bit bush league, having 3-3 guys fight 2-4 guys on the prelims, but it is what it is.
They could do a better job if they made those fights by getting the champs off those regional promotions, since it's my understanding that Bellator works with those promotions to fill out the prelims by having them provide some off their fighters, and having a 3 or 4 fight Bellator contract for something like 7K/7K as a reward. Way better then what they would probably make on the regional scene.

Brave CF does that and copromotes most off their foreign shows

They could do a better job if they made those fights by getting the champs off those regional promotions, since it's my understanding that Bellator works with those promotions to fill out the prelims by having them provide some off their fighters, and having a 3 or 4 fight Bellator contract for something like 7K/7K as a reward. Way better then what they would probably make on the regional scene.

Brave CF does that and copromotes most off their foreign shows

I don't think the low level prelim fighters are getting paid more than a couple of grand and they usually have a one fight contract.

Tbh it's not like the fights will be on Showtime anyway though.

Khadzhimurat Bestaev Is a can crusher even tho he was on DWCS, lost to every fighter with a winning record. Very high chance that Gwerder beats him
Just checked his tapology it says he’s fighting this weekend lol

Khadzhimurat Bestaev Is a can crusher even tho he was on DWCS, lost to every fighter with a winning record. Very high chance that Gwerder beats him
Gwerder needs a gimme fight at this point in his career though so it's fine, it just won't be very meaningful for us to watch as fans because it's a rehabilitation fight.

I still remember seeing John Salter break Jason McDonald's leg and he tried to look concerned but he was like "fuck it I won!"

Back