PlayStation GHOST OF TSUSHIMA

Rate the Combat in PS4's Ghost of Tsushima

• Total voters

Launch trailer. Almost there

Launch trailer. Almost there

God damn this looks good. I thought I was sick of the setting, after Nioh 2 and logging stupid hours in Total war Shogun... I was very wrong. Have we had a truly feudal Japan open world setting before?

Embargo lifts tomorrow at 7 am. Really interested in what gets said about this.

I still don't trust this game. I won't be happy unless the sword play is visceral and real feeling. Feel like it's gonna be AC combat of old.

I know that feels, bro.
Watching The Last of Us 2 gameplay on YouTube has ruined me. Now this just seems weak, lame and arcade-y.

<{hfved}>

Been waiting for a couple of years for this one. I'm cautiously optimistic for it, hope it lives up to the hype. The game looks beautiful from what we've seen.

Just finished watching Angolmois:Record of the Mongol Invasion anime and it got me even more pumped up for this.

IGN 9.0
Destructoid 9.5
Push Square 9.0
Game Informer 9.5
IGN Japan 9.5
CG Gaming 9.5
Gamespot 7

I watched Gamespot's poor review. But I cannot wait to get in this game.

IGN 9.0
Destructoid 9.5
Push Square 9.0
Game Informer 9.5
IGN Japan 9.5
CG Gaming 9.5
Gamespot 7

Can you post links of thier reviews if there is any?

I dont really like watching reviews for games that im looking forward to. But that 84 seems like a fantastic score.

Review scores are all over the place. As low as 6/10 to 10/10 but positive scores are more abundant.

Gonna watch this spoiler free video review by Arrekz Gaming who i subscribe to,

IGN 9.0
Destructoid 9.5
Push Square 9.0
Game Informer 9.5
IGN Japan 9.5
CG Gaming 9.5
Gamespot 7

What were their complaints about the game (no story spoilers plz)?

Sounds like the negatives are that it’s not ground breaking in the sense that it feels a lot like AC and that it can get repetitive.

Positives are it’s gorgeous, the world is expansive and full, and the combat is solid.

I’ve never played an AC game so we’ll see how it goes lol.

Sounds like the negatives are that it’s not ground breaking in the sense that it feels a lot like AC and that it can get repetitive.

Positives are it’s gorgeous, the world is expansive and full, and the combat is solid.

I’ve never played an AC game so we’ll see how it goes lol.

I only played the first five AC games (1, 2, 3, Brotherhood and Revelations) and the combat was dogshit imo. I heard it improved a lot in subsequent games but I don’t know in what manner or if that’s true. And it’s hard to say if Ghosts’ combat is more like those supposedly better later releases or not, but let’s hope so.

It has the Skill Up seal of approval. "One of the best open world games i've ever played..."

Sounds like they just took the "Infamous" formula(which is basically the AC formula), and slapped a samurai theme on it. It'll probably still be pretty fun, but ultimately forgettable.

Back