Green Bay Packers 2019-2020: Touchdown Jesus

Have you accepted Touchdown Jesus as your Lord and Savior?

• Total voters
Bringing back Ervin is huge. I think he'll be involved in more plays next season

And the Funchess deal is great imo. Even if he's a bust it won't hurt too much. We knew after last year's signing spree they wouldn't have much money to throw around, and he fits. The guy's aggravating but he isn't a complete can

My problem is this team has like two or three #3 receivers. I like Lazard, and you all know how I feel about EQ's potential. But at this point both of those guys are #3's at best.

Funchess does make some big time plays on the 50/50 balls, but Rodgers doesn't throw those unless it's a free play. And those are few and far between these days, lol.

And Higgins is my draft crush this year too. I think he falls and I hope Gute pulls the trigger.
The more I read the more I think they will take an OT in round one (see draft thread), but we will see. I wouldn't absolutely hate it if they get Jones or Cleveland, let them develop and cut Wagner after the season. Problem is I don't think someone with true #2 potential at WR will fall to the end of round two. Maybe trading up in R2 would make sense, the price won't be as steep as in R1 this year I think.

Don't always agree with Bukowski but R1 Cleveland/Jones R2 Pittmann would be cool.

I would dearly hope they go for a good RT in round one, and it seems most likely. My main concern would be that we already had a great thing going in Bulaga, it just couldn't last forever... And while I'm sure that we'll eventually find a better, younger replacement, there might not be any readily available from the position we are in to pick them.

Wait no, fuck me, that's my situation with the girlfriend... Umm. Fuck? What? Packers, right. Just trade up and get Denzel Mims you pussies

Did a five round PFF mock draft. Pretty happy with the haul, but everyone is when they do them

30 GB Patrick Queen LB LSU
73 GB Hunter Bryant TE Washington
94 GB Van Jefferson WR Florida
116 GB Albert Okwuegbunam TE Missouri
136 GB Jordyn Brooks LB Texas Tech
175 GB Khalil Davis

Two too many TE's for my liking. Sternberger is the future at that position. Landing Queen at 30 would be nice. Not sure who Van Jefferson is. Admittedly, I haven't been as focused on the draft as in years past, for obvious reasons.

Two too many TE's for my liking. Sternberger is the future at that position. Landing Queen at 30 would be nice. Not sure who Van Jefferson is. Admittedly, I haven't been as focused on the draft as in years past, for obvious reasons.

Jefferson is one of the best route runners in this class.
Sternberger is better than both of those TEs

Did a five round PFF mock draft. Pretty happy with the haul, but everyone is when they do them

30 GB Patrick Queen LB LSU
73 GB Hunter Bryant TE Washington
94 GB Van Jefferson WR Florida
116 GB Albert Okwuegbunam TE Missouri
136 GB Jordyn Brooks LB Texas Tech
175 GB Khalil Davis

Nothing new, but still a pretty good article about the draft in general.

-----------

I'm not sure if Gutekunst or even Pettine want to use a first round pick on an ILB, I'd make the case that someone like Queen could learn a year behind Kirksey and then take over for him next year. However I don't think they value ILB all that much compared to other teams. So ultimately I would be VERY surprised if they pick one at 30 even if Queen or Murray are there. LB in round 4 sounds about right, Brooks seems to be a pure run stopper, maybe they like someone like Troy Dye more.

At TE I can only see them doing something later in the draft or sign another vet, UNLESS they really love someone like Kmet/Trautmann and he falls.

OT will be interesting to see, apparently they love Josh Jones but so do others. Here the "next years draft" argument also could play a roll. OTs fall off quality wise in this draft more than WR, while apparently next years draft will have some good tackles too. But I think the goal is to draft one early and let him develop behind Wagner for a year.

WR is very deep, I'd say Bryan Edwards and Van Jefferson would be nice if they fall to round three or so. They might try to get another speedster later who needs a couple of years development.

Interviewed a bunch of D-Line guys too, not sure if someone is worth a high pick tho.

CB/DB is always something to look out for as well, especially with the Packers it would be no surprise.

Gute is aggressive either way so it is going to be fun, I can easily see him trading up as well as trading down a few times early.

lol

I'm about ready for the draft now, slowly getting sick of watching YT vids and reading reports, listening to stuff etc. Then again not much else to do at the moment...

lol

I'm about ready for the draft now, slowly getting sick of watching YT vids and reading reports, listening to stuff etc. Then again not much else to do at the moment...

Between the Vikings and the Bears, it's difficult to tell which team has more Packer envy.

tenor.gif

Who do we like in the draft?

Of the realistically available, I'd go something like:

1. Patrick Queen
2. Tee Higgins

3. Kenneth Murray
4. Denzel Mims
5. Zack Baun
6. Jalen Reagor

7. Laviska Shenault
8. Brandon Aiyuk

9. Jordan Elliott
10. Ross Blacklock

They need to take a flyer on a QB someplace.

the kid coming out of WSU is used to throwing 900 times a game and looked better than Herbert in the Senior Bowl

Who do we like in the draft?

Of the realistically available, I'd go something like:

1. Patrick Queen
2. Tee Higgins

3. Kenneth Murray
4. Denzel Mims
5. Zack Baun
6. Jalen Reagor

7. Laviska Shenault
8. Brandon Aiyuk

9. Jordan Elliott
10. Ross Blacklock

Queen/Higgins would be solid. Although I'm not sure if they will really spend a first rounder on a LB. I'd prefer Bulaga replacement/Higgins, if someone legit is there at #30.

Back