Green Bay Packers 2021 Offseason

e5giw7zx5b471.jpg

Yes, there have been numerous issues over the years with Mark Murphy and now Brian Noobernoob.

As eloquently noted above, Jordy Nelson was offered a 3 year $3 million contract, barely above the 10 year minimum veteran contract which was $940K a year. Complete BS and this was Brian Noobernoob's first year as GM.

Of course there's all the O-linemen and WR/TE that were let go without a single phone call to Rodgers. Another big one that isn't talked about is this one below:

Aaron Rodgers and the Packer's QB coach, who is his closest coach, Alex Van Pelt was fired and Murphy and Noobernoob didn't even have the courtesy to let Rodgers know. His QB coach was fired and he found out through Twitter.

The nail in the coffin is, of course, moving up in the first round to select the supposed air apparent. Too many fans will say "The team doesn't have to tell Rodgers, it's par for the course..." yet here's what happened in other places:

1. The Vikings drafted a QB and even had the courtesy to inform 3 year Vikings QB and a guy who has never been All Pro and only 1 career playoff victory, that they were going to draft a QB.

2. The Bucs drafted a QB but not before talking to Brady and Brady had 1 year under his belt with the Bucs organization.

3. In 2017, the Chiefs drafted Patrick Mahomes but not before consulting NUMEROUS TIMES with Alex Smith, who had only been with the Chiefs for 4 years.

4. Heck, the frickin Bears informed Andy Dalton, who had yet to play a single down for the Bears, that they would be selecting Justin Fields.

Look at those 4 points above. Not a single one of those QBs were "homegrown" QB talents selected by the organizations let alone someone that had been with those organizations for a long period of time, let alone 16 years. With all the disrespect over Brian Noobernoob's first three years and then moving up to select a QB without telling your star, Superbowl winnning, sure fire first ballot HOF QB is as blatantly disrespectful as one could be. I love my Packers and will always root for them but anyone in Rodger's shoes would feel the way he feels considering what other teams are willing to do for lesser QBs who aren't even "tenured" hometeam QBs

air apparent, really?

Aaron has to take some responsibility in the loss of those players. He takes up a large portion of the salary cap money so they can't afford to pay other players huge salaries. Players sign contracts that look good at the time but they can't keep all of the players they sign.

The 2021 salary cap of $182.5 million for the top 51 contracts means there is an average of $3.58 million per player. Every player that gets more than that means other players have to take less. Rodgers is taking up $37 million in cap space so he takes up the average of almost 10 players. The Packers have 12 players being paid over the $3.5 million average that take up about $123 million of the cap, leaving about 60 million for the remaining 39 players. Than means a $1.5 million average for the other 39. With veteran minimums, teams have to have a lot of rookies.

Maybe the team should consult with the highly paid players to let them decide who has to be cut to meet the salary cap. I wonder if Aaron would really want to have to make those decisions. Somebody has to make the decisions and take the heat for them.

air apparent, really?

Aaron has to take some responsibility in the loss of those players. He takes up a large portion of the salary cap money so they can't afford to pay other players huge salaries. Players sign contracts that look good at the time but they can't keep all of the players they sign.

The 2021 salary cap of $182.5 million for the top 51 contracts means there is an average of $3.58 million per player. Every player that gets more than that means other players have to take less. Rodgers is taking up $37 million in cap space so he takes up the average of almost 10 players. The Packers have 12 players being paid over the $3.5 million average that take up about $123 million of the cap, leaving about 60 million for the remaining 39 players. Than means a $1.5 million average for the other 39. With veteran minimums, teams have to have a lot of rookies.

Maybe the team should consult with the highly paid players to let them decide who has to be cut to meet the salary cap. I wonder if Aaron would really want to have to make those decisions. Somebody has to make the decisions and take the heat for them.

If they didn’t pay him that, someone would, and probably a decent amount more.

If they didn’t pay him that, someone would, and probably a decent amount more.

I'm certain some team would. The point is that Aaron's contract has a huge influence on what players the Packers can keep or bring in.

Aaron Nagler mentioned a couple of times that there is more to Sternbergers absence than just an injury/concussion, also that there is more to his tough start in the NFL (classy by him and others not to report it, too). Hope he continues to fight and beat his depression!

Aaron Nagler mentioned a couple of times that there is more to Sternbergers absence than just an injury/concussion, also that there is more to his tough start in the NFL (classy by him and others not to report it, too). Hope he continues to fight and beat his depression!

Yes, this Packers team that treats their players like shit and dumps them at the first sign of trouble. That's sarcasm for those of you who can't tell.

Fucking fire Mark Murphy. The guy is a tone deaf fucking moron.

I don't understand the problem with what he said. Most people don't even know exactly what he said. Murphy was referring to an expression that former GM Ted Thompson used when discussing players. That was where the expression "complicated fellow" came from.

There is also mention of how the Aaron Rodgers situation has divided the fan base. As part of that fan base, I have a divided opinion on it. First, I don't know exactly what the problem is because Aaron hasn't spoken openly about it except to say that it wasn't about Jordan Love or the team drafting Jordan Love like many people have claimed.

I don't know if Aaron has openly told the team what is bothering him or if he is acting like my ex wife when I could tell she was mad for some reason but when I would ask she would say "If you don't know I'm not going to tell you.

I want Aaron playing with the Packers but I don't want the drama like the Favre situation where he was threatening to retire. I don't want the Packers to trade Rodgers because I don't want to play against him. Aaron has stated that he wants to play into his 40s. He has 3 years left on his contract. If he wants to play, play for the Packers. If not, he can retire.

I don't understand the problem with what he said. Most people don't even know exactly what he said. Murphy was referring to an expression that former GM Ted Thompson used when discussing players. That was where the expression "complicated fellow" came from.

There is also mention of how the Aaron Rodgers situation has divided the fan base. As part of that fan base, I have a divided opinion on it. First, I don't know exactly what the problem is because Aaron hasn't spoken openly about it except to say that it wasn't about Jordan Love or the team drafting Jordan Love like many people have claimed.

I don't know if Aaron has openly told the team what is bothering him or if he is acting like my ex wife when I could tell she was mad for some reason but when I would ask she would say "If you don't know I'm not going to tell you.

I want Aaron playing with the Packers but I don't want the drama like the Favre situation where he was threatening to retire. I don't want the Packers to trade Rodgers because I don't want to play against him. Aaron has stated that he wants to play into his 40s. He has 3 years left on his contract. If he wants to play, play for the Packers. If not, he can retire.

The problem is that he should have said nothing.

My issue is the way he said it it sounds like he's trying to put the blame on Rodgers for this and take the blame away from the organization.
Communication works both ways, Rodgers apparently never actually went to anyone to talk about his frustration(s). Now he wants to leverage his MVP into whatever he wants (we don't really know). I didn't get the impression that Murphy is putting 100% of the blame on Aaron either.

I agree that it was tone deaf to tell everyone this anecdote in this situation, even if it is true and being complicated IMO isn't a negative.

My issue is the way he said it it sounds like he's trying to put the blame on Rodgers for this and take the blame away from the organization.

How did you come up with that? How does referring to Aaron being a "complicated fellow" move any blame anywhere?

How did you come up with that? How does referring to Aaron being a "complicated fellow" move any blame anywhere?

I don’t think it’s a big deal at all and I think the sports media trying to twist this into a story was pathetic even by typical sports news standards.

I don’t think it’s a big deal at all and I think the sports media trying to twist this into a story was pathetic even by typical sports news standards.

It doesn't matter what anybody says. Somebody tries to twist it to make a story. Aaron Rodgers has said that things he says get twisted.

The talking heads on ESPN's Get Up were suggesting that Rodgers could use the COVID opt out to show the Packers he's serious. If an NFL player opts out. their contract is pushed back a season and they can't play until the next season. The deadline was at 4PM Eastern time today so I suspect it would have been announced by now.

They also put forth the theory that Davante Adams was trying to force the Packers to do something about Rodgers . There is also talk of Adams going to the Raiders to team up with his college quarterback Derek Carr.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ders-in-hopes-of-dream-union-with-derek-carr/

These stories may be just filler for a slow time in NFL news.

If Rodgers is still with the Packers, Davante will probably want to stay in 2022 but Rodgers staying could make that very difficult due to salary cap considerations. If Rodgers retires, it would free up cap room but it might make Adams consider other teams.

I would certainly like to see Adams stay with the Packers but he deserves to get paid and the Packers might not be in a position to do that.

Rodgers isn't opting out. At his age that's simply not an option. He has at best two more elite years and he can't afford to lose one of those years because he's a petty diva.

Looks like Davante is gonna get paid. He will be 30 this December, right? Rumor has it he might get around 28-30 million per year. Gute has to pay Jaire within the next two years. Seems like the only solution is giving Rodgers a new deal and spreading out the cap hit and pushing money down the road and see what happens.

I love Rodgers, but I don't think he is winning anymore SB's in GB or anywhere he might go. I'd say trade both Rodgers and Davante to the Raiders or Broncos, roll with a game manager approach with Love and an improved defense and see where that takes you. But since I have zero faith GB can produce a championship defense; I lean back into kissing 12's feet and locking his petulant ass up for 5 more years and riding the BOATS right arm until it falls off the bone.

Back