Green Bay Packers 2021 Offseason

Can't hate when you see just how happy he is.

The cap situation for 2022 after the Rodgers restructure is now even more fucked than it already was, and it was a horrendous situation already. So guys, we need to enjoy this season as much as we can. Unless Love is the second coming of...well...Rodgers, we are in for a tough few years.

lol

Houston is taking on $3mil of Cobb's contract. Not sure what that means for cap space.

ALSO, this is a chicken/egg thing. Rodgers might be taking more money because the front office is unwilling to give him the guy's he wants. If they kept Jordy, Kumerow, Janis, Lang, and others he might have been willing to take less money.

Jordy's contract was for $10 million the year he was cut.
Lang signed a 3 year contract with Detroit for $28 million and played 2 years.
I suspect that the Packers waived Kumerow expecting to put him on their practice squad but Buffalo claimed him for their practice squad and kept bouncing him to the active roster and back to the practice squad.

Janis was a player they could have kept as he only signed for $1.25 million with Cleveland in March and was released in August 31st. He didn't sign with another team.

The fact that many of the players that the Packers let go weren't playing 2 years later suggests that they might have done the right thing by not signing them.

Jordy's contract was for $10 million the year he was cut.
Lang signed a 3 year contract with Detroit for $28 million and played 2 years.
I suspect that the Packers waived Kumerow expecting to put him on their practice squad but Buffalo claimed him for their practice squad and kept bouncing him to the active roster and back to the practice squad.

Janis was a player they could have kept as he only signed for $1.25 million with Cleveland in March and was released in August 31st. He didn't sign with another team.

The fact that many of the players that the Packers let go weren't playing 2 years later suggests that they might have done the right thing by not signing them.
Lang I can get moving on from. It made me sad at the time but they did the same thing with Sitton and after they let Sitton walk the guy was constantly fighting injuries.

Jordy I think if they had re-signed him he would have played more than one or two more years after that.

Corey Linsley for sure is going to play more than 2 more years since he's left the Packers. Kumerow would have been super cheap to keep. The issue with the Kumerow cut I think that a lot of people have is less the cut and more how Rodgers praised him then like 8 hours later the team cut him.

On the one hand you don't want Rodgers to be like LeBron James, defacto GM where he just brings in the guys he's friends with team chemistry/makeup be damned. But at the same time he was a 2 time now 3 time MVP. Giving him a head's up or allowing him to voice an opinion should be allowed.

Lang I can get moving on from. It made me sad at the time but they did the same thing with Sitton and after they let Sitton walk the guy was constantly fighting injuries.

Jordy I think if they had re-signed him he would have played more than one or two more years after that.

Corey Linsley for sure is going to play more than 2 more years since he's left the Packers. Kumerow would have been super cheap to keep. The issue with the Kumerow cut I think that a lot of people have is less the cut and more how Rodgers praised him then like 8 hours later the team cut him.

On the one hand you don't want Rodgers to be like LeBron James, defacto GM where he just brings in the guys he's friends with team chemistry/makeup be damned. But at the same time he was a 2 time now 3 time MVP. Giving him a head's up or allowing him to voice an opinion should be allowed.

As I said, I don't think the Packers intended to get rid of Kumerow. They thought they could move him to their practice squad much like Taysom Hill. Many teams have Packer envy and watch the Packers waivers closely.

Money weighs into the decisions but it isn't always about the money. There are a limited number of players a team can have and it often comes down to who do you keep. Does Rodgers really want to get involved in those decisions as to who stays and who goes?

As I said, I don't think the Packers intended to get rid of Kumerow. They thought they could move him to their practice squad much like Taysom Hill. Many teams have Packer envy and watch the Packers waivers closely.

Money weighs into the decisions but it isn't always about the money. There are a limited number of players a team can have and it often comes down to who do you keep.
I get money is the main issue. The team couldn't have afforded to keep Bulaga, Linsley, Micah Hyde, or Lang at the time all of them left but I think all Rodgers wanted was someone to talk to him. Remember he found out the QB coach was let go via like Twitter? He had no real input in the hiring of LaFleur (even though the LaFleur has turned out great). I get the Pats stayed as good as they did for as long as they did because they treated it like a business. That said they were still willing to keep a couple of Brady's guys there to keep him happy (Welker, Amendola, Gronk, James White).

I've been on the "both sides need to shut up" train, but seeing some of Gute's comments over the last few days makes me think he's a petty bitch.

I've been on the "both sides need to shut up" train, but seeing some of Gute's comments over the last few days makes me think he's a petty bitch.
Unstoppable force vs. immovable object turns into petty bitch vs. passive-aggressive asshole in GB lol

Rodgers nailing the throws into the net at Family Night.

Nice pass by Love to Funches.

Benkert with a terrible throw.

Aaron Jones with a hamstring injury keeping him out of practice. Also Kenny Clark with a groin injury and of course Rashan Gary is also imjured with a groin injury.

Aaron Jones with a hamstring injury keeping him out of practice. Also Kenny Clark with a groin injury and of course Rashan Gary is also imjured with a groin injury.
You forgot Kevin King! I think he hasn’t trained with the team at all yet.

Gary was supposedly an absolute beast so far, hope all three are back soon.

You forgot Kevin King! I think he hasn’t trained with the team at all yet.

Gary was supposedly an absolute beast so far, hope all three are back soon.

I just assume King is hurt at all times. It's the Julio effect.

I just assume King is hurt at all times. It's the Julio effect.

Unless King has photos of Gutekunst having sex with farm animals, I don't expect him to be on the team.

Stokes has been getting abused in camp. Not a bad thing to throw him to the wolves. He's either gonna be a perfect compliment to Jaire or another top pick on a corner that's a bust, lol.

Back