PlayStation GUNDAM BATTLE OPERATION 2-- PS4 free to play without PS Plus membership

3rd anniversary coming very soon. A bunch of freebies, 7-step gacha Nu Gundam, Sazabi, reddit has someone who translated the livestream from yesterday.

Nu and Sazabi seem to be the strongest MS so far and rarest at 4 stars where the previous rarest was 3 stars.

Edit: Within 3 crate drops from 1st step 50% off 10 pulls, got the 700 cost Nu Gundam in a silver crate! I guess I can save the rest of tokens for Sazabi and not pursue the remaining 6 steps. Also the opening CG animation now has RX-78, then Zeta, ZZ, Nu Gundam. If they use this awesome CG in the live action movie, that'd be very nice.

Last edited:
Spent like 180 tokens to get my Sazabi. Also got duplicate Nu Gundam twice tonight. Also got a regular Qubeley via tickets.

Got a Methuss Kai and I'm guessing it was designed by the same guy who came up with the name Quattro Vagina. In robot mode, it has a huge erection that curves at the tip.

Last edited:
Note from developer said upcoming update will bring MS from Mobile Suit Moon Gundam next. Never saw any cartoon of that if any.

Also, new mostly underwater map of Military Base harbor. Underwater is supposed to be really deep, lots of obstacles.

I'm guessing new content means they intend to continue the game for a while longer.

EDIT: New map Military Port is lots of underwater hills and very hard to see, especially if enemy is within striking range. So far undefeated 3-0 in this map due to solid teammates. So far my big gun is good enough so not worth trying to max out a water specialty MS. New banner MS is maybe Jagd Doga QA variant. I think that's the suit of the mentally unstable immature girl in Char's Counterattack.

Last edited:
Anyone gonna buy digital only Gundam Battle Operation Code Fairy? Deluxe is $59.99. Part 1 is $19.99. Supposed to be single player story mode with same controls as GBO2.

New underground Jaburo map incoming. Flipped symmetrical, and the size of Arctic Base, and featuring some underwater stream that leads to enemy base.

Curious if these new maps were made from scratch or recycled from past games.

As of last night until almost end of Feb, container finding rate is 100%, so after each battle until max is reached. Also various freebies to celebrate 4 mil downloads, so now's a good time to return to the game for a bit.

https://bo2.ggame.jp/en/info/?p=87058

The game seems to be coming to PC STEAM with some STEAM test going on.

No idea if PC players will be competing against PS4 and PS5 players. No idea if PS4 players are going against PS5 players.

https://bo2.ggame.jp/en/info/?p=87058

The game seems to be coming to PC STEAM with some STEAM test going on.

No idea if PC players will be competing against PS4 and PS5 players. No idea if PS4 players are going against PS5 players.

There was a Steam Beta going on too (Friday to Today) for the new 6v6 game (Gundam Evolution) on Steam with a console beta to come

Good time to jump back in due to 4 yr anniversary freebies, tokens, Unicorn Gundam, free supply drops, new 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2 game mode that sounded more like arcade battle rules.

Edit: Got the Unicorn Gundam 700 cost on just my second single supply crate request call.

Last edited:
Ok I just downloaded this. So far I'm absolutely shit at it. Its fun though

Ok I just downloaded this. So far I'm absolutely shit at it. Its fun though
If your internet is shitty, don't try melee and just snipe using like Zaku Cannon, GM Cannon, Gelgoog Cannon (very powerful long range shoulder cannon and they just buffed it to reduce reload time), Zaku I Sniper Type (very long range and decent power when maxed out in the hangar), Super Gundam (long range and pierces multiple targets in a straight line, but there's hesitation betw firing and it actually firing, so often the target isn't there anymore), GM Sniper II, GM Sniper, Geara Doga Heavy Arms Type (which has one long range cannon that does splash damage to whatever nearby impact point). You should be able to do fine with any of these early on, so keep an eye for these in the DP store or Recycle Ticket store.

Sometimes you cannot fire direct hit on enemy, but with splash damage you can shoot the wall (bank shot) the enemy is near and if he's just got a tiny bit of health left, the splash damage can finish him off. Also good for hitting enemy standing just barely behind cover. Just aim for the ground nearby.

Don't forget keeping an eye on the clock and if around 3:00 left, start flying to go bomb the enemy base while you're in pilot mode (outside your mobile suit). With 3:00 left, you should be able to fly to the enemy base in pilot mode from almost anywhere on the map and get there with enough time to plant the bomb (takes 10 seconds or so and then 1:00 to detonate). This tactic got me many wins early on when I sucked. If the bomb explodes after 2:00 left, you get more points ~3k. Not sure if you blow it up closer to 0:00 left you might get even more points ~4k.

Also, don't forget to be mindful of the indicator where the captured beacon is ready for pilot to call in air support to shower down preferably on a cluster of enemy MS. Just respawn there in pilot mode and hold down whatever button it is to call support.

The fun thing about playing sniper is you can do very long range kill shots of the flying MS or buzzer beater kills for the win. The bad thing is your support MS is very slow and raid units can shred you via chaining melee combos until you're dead and can't do anything at all during the long combos. Some MS can do max 3 hit combos and immediately switch to secondary melee weapon and do another 3 hit combo. Those GM Night Seeker V's do that and very unfair since they also have stealth.

Talk to the little girl in the middle of the base camp and do all the tutorials to learn how to do basic stuff. Learn the maps so you know where to take cover and snipe. In one map, sometimes I can snipe thru a very narrow opening and the target can't hit me.

I think the way it's setup, support can do extra damage to generals who do extra damage to raids who do extra damage to supports. When you target an enemy, blue wording will show advantage or white wording will show disadvantage. If you pick the right target, you can wreck shit (over 1/3rd of enemy MS's health per shot), but sometimes you just gotta shoot what they serve you.

If you damage the enemy's legs enough, they will be a sitting duck unable to move fast. If you damage a sniper's head enough, they won't be able to use snipe mode scope and will be limited to point and shoot.

If your MS has grenades, you can lob them very high to maybe get a bit more distance. Something to do while your sniper is reloading.

If you like melee, a few have a Skill called Heavy Attack where you hold down the fire button to charge a bit then let go and you basically plow through friend or foe and do very big damage. If you get hit while charging, you have to start over. These have Heavy Attack, I think: Hazel II, Zaku III Custom, Red Rider, maybe Nero Trainer. When they run the limited time Ranking tournaments, the MS with Heavy Attack come in handy. Top 15 in a each mini-group will get rewards. I should have tried it earlier. I think I got two special MS from top 15 finishes even without maxed out Heavy Attack MS.

Do the Simulation battles by talking to the old guy in the corner. Good way to get useful stuff like tokens, parts, MS.

Last edited:
If your internet is shitty, don't try melee and just snipe using like Zaku Cannon, GM Cannon, Gelgoog Cannon (very powerful long range shoulder cannon and they just buffed it to reduce reload time), Zaku I Sniper Type (very long range and decent power when maxed out in the hangar), Super Gundam (long range and pierces multiple targets in a straight line, but there's hesitation betw firing and it actually firing, so often the target isn't there anymore), GM Sniper II, GM Sniper, Geara Doga Heavy Arms Type (which has one long range cannon that does splash damage to whatever nearby impact point). You should be able to do fine with any of these early on, so keep an eye for these in the DP store or Recycle Ticket store.

Sometimes you cannot fire direct hit on enemy, but with splash damage you can shoot the wall (bank shot) the enemy is near and if he's just got a tiny bit of health left, the splash damage can finish him off. Also good for hitting enemy standing just barely behind cover. Just aim for the ground nearby.

Don't forget keeping an eye on the clock and if around 3:00 left, start flying to go bomb the enemy base while you're in pilot mode (outside your mobile suit). With 3:00 left, you should be able to fly to the enemy base in pilot mode from almost anywhere on the map and get there with enough time to plant the bomb (takes 10 seconds or so and then 1:00 to detonate). This tactic got me many wins early on when I sucked. If the bomb explodes after 2:00 left, you get more points ~3k. Not sure if you blow it up closer to 0:00 left you might get even more points ~4k.

Also, don't forget to be mindful of the indicator where the captured beacon is ready for pilot to call in air support to shower down preferably on a cluster of enemy MS. Just respawn there in pilot mode and hold down whatever button it is to call support.

The fun thing about playing sniper is you can do very long range kill shots of the flying MS or buzzer beater kills for the win. The bad thing is your support MS is very slow and raid units can shred you via chaining melee combos until you're dead and can't do anything at all during the long combos. Some MS can do max 3 hit combos and immediately switch to secondary melee weapon and do another 3 hit combo. Those GM Night Seeker V's do that and very unfair since they also have stealth.

Talk to the little girl in the middle of the base camp and do all the tutorials to learn how to do basic stuff. Learn the maps so you know where to take cover and snipe. In one map, sometimes I can snipe thru a very narrow opening and the target can't hit me.

I think the way it's setup, support can do extra damage to generals who do extra damage to raids who do extra damage to supports. When you target an enemy, blue wording will show advantage or white wording will show disadvantage. If you pick the right target, you can wreck shit (over 1/3rd of enemy MS's health per shot), but sometimes you just gotta shoot what they serve you.

If you damage the enemy's legs enough, they will be a sitting duck unable to move fast. If you damage a sniper's head enough, they won't be able to use snipe mode scope and will be limited to point and shoot.

If your MS has grenades, you can lob them very high to maybe get a bit more distance. Something to do while your sniper is reloading.

If you like melee, a few have a Skill called Heavy Attack where you hold down the fire button to charge a bit then let go and you basically plow through friend or foe and do very big damage. If you get hit while charging, you have to start over. These have Heavy Attack, I think: Hazel II, Zaku III Custom, Red Rider, maybe Nero Trainer. When they run the limited time Ranking tournaments, the MS with Heavy Attack come in handy. Top 15 in a each mini-group will get rewards. I should have tried it earlier. I think I got two special MS from top 15 finishes even without maxed out Heavy Attack MS.

Do the Simulation battles by talking to the old guy in the corner. Good way to get useful stuff like tokens, parts, MS.

Appreciate the advise. Been slowly figuring things out.

Calls for fire, and bombing the enemy base have definitely secured me the win a lot.

Hardest part of the game is when your team mates don't work together at all. I've run a few with awesome teams where everyone played to their mobile suits type and others where everyone just runs around like idiots.

Worst is you're brawling with an enemy suit and your team mate comes in swinging and staggers you instead of the enemy. Been killed that way more than once when I get toppled and then blasted by an enemy support type or the one I was fighting recovers first and melee me to death.

Also nothing worse than playing a support type and getting absolutely curb stomped by a Gallus in melee. One combo and you're toast.

Last edited:
Appreciate the advise. Been slowly figuring things out.

Calls for fire, and bombing the enemy base have definitely secured me the win a lot.

Hardest part of the game is when your team mates don't work together at all. I've run a few with awesome teams where everyone played to their mobile suits type and others where everyone just runs around like idiots.

Worst is you're brawling with an enemy suit and your team mate comes in swinging and staggers you instead of the enemy. Been killed that way more than once when I get toppled and then blasted by an enemy support type or the one I was fighting recovers first and melee me to death.

Also nothing worse than playing a support type and getting absolutely curb stomped by a Gallus in melee. One combo and you're toast.

I think the Schzrum Gallus with the gauntlets can insta-kill. Best to run.

A few more things.

When you see your teammate with melee weapons drawn coming towards you, he intends to downswing you to knock you down. Do what you gotta do. Everyday I cross paths with one of those natural born troublemakers downswinging their teammates. Some will knock you down from behind right at the start of the battle or after respawning. If you land 3 significant attacks on a teammate, the game will auto-kick you from the battle and your mild penalty will be no enhancement bonus after each battle for a while. In the results screen, you can check their profile and block them and if you end up in the same room again later, their name will show up red so you have a choice to exit the room or risk having a known troll teammate. In my experience, these trolls will do the same shit to sabotage the team often.

To get your promotion, some require you to reach a certain Rating like A. The Rating requires team wins. Doesn't make sense for individual rating to be based mostly on team wins. What's frustrating is when you are trying to get your win, but teammate is a troll and sits inside the base the whole game or attacks teammates. After I got past one promotion, I stopped caring about Rating and then I kept hovering around the peak rating I got and sometimes briefly dropping down one rating. A few times while trying to win by bombing the enemy base, a troll would come inside in pilot mode and when almost done planting the bomb, he'd either shoot me or stab me which would interrupt the bomb planting and you have to start over. If you slash him too many times, you will be insta-kicked. He can keep shooting you once over and over to stop you from planting the bomb and he won't be penalized.

When in pilot mode flying above ground, don't let the jetpack gauge go to zero, but instead, let go of the gas and land and the meter will quickly fill up and then you can speed again. This is the key to reaching the enemy base in pilot mode from almost anywhere on the map when there's around 3+ min left on the clock and have time to plant the bomb in 10 sec and for the detonation 2 min later. When the enemy has a competent stealth user, pilot mode to bomb the enemy base is a good answer.

I think the Schzrum Gallus with the gauntlets can insta-kill. Best to run.

A few more things.

When you see your teammate with melee weapons drawn coming towards you, he intends to downswing you to knock you down. Do what you gotta do. Everyday I cross paths with one of those natural born troublemakers downswinging their teammates. Some will knock you down from behind right at the start of the battle or after respawning. If you land 3 significant attacks on a teammate, the game will auto-kick you from the battle and your mild penalty will be no enhancement bonus after each battle for a while. In the results screen, you can check their profile and block them and if you end up in the same room again later, their name will show up red so you have a choice to exit the room or risk having a known troll teammate. In my experience, these trolls will do the same shit to sabotage the team often.

To get your promotion, some require you to reach a certain Rating like A. The Rating requires team wins. Doesn't make sense for individual rating to be based mostly on team wins. What's frustrating is when you are trying to get your win, but teammate is a troll and sits inside the base the whole game or attacks teammates. After I got past one promotion, I stopped caring about Rating and then I kept hovering around the peak rating I got and sometimes briefly dropping down one rating. A few times while trying to win by bombing the enemy base, a troll would come inside in pilot mode and when almost done planting the bomb, he'd either shoot me or stab me which would interrupt the bomb planting and you have to start over. If you slash him too many times, you will be insta-kicked. He can keep shooting you once over and over to stop you from planting the bomb and he won't be penalized.

When in pilot mode flying above ground, don't let the jetpack gauge go to zero, but instead, let go of the gas and land and the meter will quickly fill up and then you can speed again. This is the key to reaching the enemy base in pilot mode from almost anywhere on the map when there's around 3+ min left on the clock and have time to plant the bomb in 10 sec and for the detonation 2 min later. When the enemy has a competent stealth user, pilot mode to bomb the enemy base is a good answer.

Even though I know people hate it, I have had awesome luck with the Gouf Custom. It fits my play style.

Just got a GM Sniper 2 and it rocks as a support MS. Didn't have a ton of luck running the zaku cannon. It is slow as fuck and team mates jet off leaving me easy pickings for raids.

My internet is too shitty to use Gouf Custom. I do like its gatling gun and maybe melee combo. Regular Gouf was one of my favorites from the Gundam cartoon, but like many cartoon favorites, the game MS doesn't suit my play.

I think I used GM Sniper II to shoot across the supply depot map a flying enemy MS dead. Just gotta plant, stay calm, aim almost like QB throwing to where wide receiver is gonna be.

Zaku Cannon was good early on before getting access to better stuff. It has machine guns and long range cannon with splash hits. If you can separate and get high ground, you can do well with it. The enemy doesn't always be mindful of high ground support MS. All supports are slow.

Zudah and the other Zudah F(?) variant are damn fast, but kinda short range with the powerful long gun. GM Camouf uses the same gun, but sometimes it lags before actually firing.

I had decent success at low cost using the GM Sniper I in the mountain map. Long range sniping and high lobbing grenades.

Sometimes it's better to use a higher level of a MS so you can use the higher level of its main weapon for slightly more damage and range.

Shooting from crouched or prone position boosts your offense and defense. Sometimes a tiny bit more damage makes a difference. Don't forget you can follow up with a tackle to get that last bit of enemy health as long as your boost gauge is fresh. Also press tackle when you see enemy attacking you to counter. Sometimes I thought I pressed tackle too early, but it still countered.

If an enemy captures the beacon nearest to your base, expect them to later bomb the base after respawning there.

Gundam Unit 5 or Gundam Unit 5 Bst have a nice powerful gatling with decent range and a 3 hit melee combo, I think. Rick Dias II and Bolinoak Samman also have good melee combos. Bolinoak is fast and has false beacon skill.

I have so few suits in the 550 to 600 range. The pixy absolutely sucks but its one of my few I can sortie.

I have so few suits in the 550 to 600 range. The pixy absolutely sucks but its one of my few I can sortie.
The Geara Doga Heavy Arms Type has 550 and 600, as does Gelgoog Cannon. Maybe Gundam Unit 5 too which might have one of the more powerful gatling guns.

Pixy can be a real pest due to speed and stealth and probably melee combo. I hate that and the Efreet Nacht, GM Night Stalker V.

Doing the Battle Simulator can often get you some MS and parts. Some of these require a specialist MS to beat it within time limit for the better prizes. I think Hazel II was one specialist for a ground boss fight.

Pretty often they'll offer 50% off supply drops so 10 drops for 15 tokens. Do enough and you'll have all sorts of MS.

I just noticed the Pale Rider Dullahan (?) from a Halloween giveaway has 20,000 shield HP!!! That's as default and can be enhanced to get maybe 1k+ more.

When you look at a MS's weapon damage power, I think it displays one shot's damage, so if you hold two beam sabers or fire 8 missiles at once, multiple that. The Palace Athene shoots 8 missiles at once, so against the Arctic Base rocket, can do 18,400 pts of damage in one barrage. Keep this in mind when deciding on using a melee MS that holds two beam sabers. The O can wield 4 beam sabers where maybe two come out of his crotch. That's 4x the damage power.

Last night was one of the rare times I got the brand new banner MS the night it first became available. Used 3 tokens at a time.

The Hazel Custom High Mobility has 3 hit melee combo, has enough default thruster gauge, can fit all 5 melee damage boost parts.

Last night was one of the rare times I got the brand new banner MS the night it first became available. Used 3 tokens at a time.

The Hazel Custom High Mobility has 3 hit melee combo, has enough default thruster gauge, can fit all 5 melee damage boost parts.

I just got that one yesterday as well. Was pretty happy

I just got that one yesterday as well. Was pretty happy
I'm currently working on maxing out the two Hazel II's to prep for any future Rankings tourneys for those costs. I think Hazel II also has the temporary sprinkle stealth.

ReGZ also has Heavy Attack, but not ReGZ Custom.

Back