Social Half of Florida hospitalized covid patients are 25-55 years old, 96% unvaccinated

i love the complete lack of self-awareness from anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers.

“doctors are refusing to treat me if i don’t get vaccinated! what happened to liberty?! the government should step in and force these doctors to do what I say so I can have my liberty back”
Yep.

Considering that around 300,000 people are killed per year by medical error in the US alone, folks should be happy to avoid the deathtrap that is "evidence based medicine," practiced in the US.

"A recent Johns Hopkins study claims more than 250,000 people in the U.S. die every year from medical errors. Other reports claim the numbers to be as high as 440,000."
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/22/medical-errors-third-leading-cause-of-death-in-america.html

“doctors are refusing to treat me if i don’t get vaccinated! what happened to liberty?! the government should step in and force these doctors to do what I say so I can have my liberty back”

Yep.

Considering that around 300,000 people are killed per year by medical error in the US alone, folks should be happy to avoid the deathtrap that is "evidence based medicine," practiced in the US.

"A recent Johns Hopkins study claims more than 250,000 people in the U.S. die every year from medical errors. Other reports claim the numbers to be as high as 440,000."
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/22/medical-errors-third-leading-cause-of-death-in-america.html
Ironic casting aspersions on "evidence-based medicine" then using the evidence-based approach to couch your claims.

After all, it isn't evidence that is the cause of the vast majority of those deaths. It's accidental oversight. This generally entails failing to administer medicine according to the evidential protocol. After all, no study suggests it's beneficial to leave surgical instruments inside a patient after closing them up following invasive surgery, or administering 20x the prescribed dose for chemotherapy (the leading example from that article's coverage).

"A recent Johns Hopkins study claims more than 250,000 people in the U.S. die every year from medical errors. Other reports claim the numbers to be as high as 440,000."l

They probably had co morbidities and pre-existing conditions and that is still only some .001% of the population. So we should not care, right my conservative WR friends?

Yep.

Ridiculous stat and obviously not true.

There is lot of risky behavior people engage in and still get treated like drug ODs unprotected sex STDS, drunk driving accidents etc. Hell most people go to hospital for doing stupid shit... Why should un vaxxed covid pateits not be? Being stupid doesn't invalidate EMTALA or the oath they take.

I'm vaxxed since April with Pfizer's double vax but still you should have freedom what you put in your body or not.

There is lot of risky behavior people engage in and still get treated like drug ODs unprotected sex STDS, drunk driving accidents etc. Hell most people go to hospital for doing stupid shit. Why should un vaxxed covid pateits not be? Being stupid doesn't invalidate EMTALA or the oath they take.

Doctors have a duty of care to uphold. MSM lies.

There is lot of risky behavior people engage in and still get treated like drug ODs unprotected sex STDS, drunk driving accidents etc. Hell most people go to hospital for doing stupid shit... Why should un vaxxed covid pateits not be? Being stupid doesn't invalidate EMTALA or the oath they take.

I'm vaxxed since April with Pfizer's double vax but still you should have freedom what you put in your body or not.
ehhh. plenty of “rights” require vaccination. you can’t join the army or get a public education without multiple vaccinations.

i just enjoy the idea that people should be forced by the government to do something because “liberty,” it’s oxymoronic.

Doctors have a duty of care to uphold. MSM lies.
Last Time I went to ER about 20 years ago I was grinding metal without safety glasses and got a metal splinter in my eye. Imagine if doctor said you're an idiot (true) I wont treat. Big time lawsuit.

Ridiculous stat and obviously not true.
I guess you know more than the researchers at Johns Hopkins...

There are other researchers who found similarly, I guess they’re all wrong and you are right?

“In 2010, the Department of Health and Human Services' inspector general reported that up to 180,000 Medicare patients alone died a year from medical errors.

John James, a NASA toxicologist whose son died of what he believes was a hospital error, did the last report on the subject in 2013 and estimated between 210,000 and 440,000 deaths a year could be attributed to medical error.“

I guess you know more than the researchers at Johns Hopkins...

There are other researchers who found similarly, I guess they’re all wrong and you are right?

“In 2010, the Department of Health and Human Services' inspector general reported that up to 180,000 Medicare patients alone died a year from medical errors.

John James, a NASA toxicologist whose son died of what he believes was a hospital error, did the last report on the subject in 2013 and estimated between 210,000 and 440,000 deaths a year could be attributed to medical error.“
These comments are from people with no common sense. Doesn’t matter if he’s a grad student studying wherever, the numbers make no sense. If you look at the origin of these scary sounding figures, they’re from a combination of a small number of studies with a small number of deaths in populations not representative of the entire US population. They then generalized to all US hospitalizations and extrapolate this 440k figure. It’s junk. I mean, just use some common sense. If 440k people are dying from medical error, that’s almost 2/3 of all hospital deaths. You think 2/3 of people dying is due to doctors screwing up and killing them? That’s just stupidity. I know you don’t know much about this stuff, but I would think that should sound ridiculous to just about anyone who thinks about it for a minute.

Here is something probably much more in line with reality:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31965525/

A meta analysis from Yale published in the Journal of General Internal Medicine.

Conclusion is around 7150 deaths in previously healthy people due to medical error. Another 15k of preventable deaths occurred in patients with less than a three-month life expectancy.

These comments are from people with no common sense. Doesn’t matter if he’s a grad student studying wherever, the numbers make no sense. If you look at the origin of these scary sounding figures, they’re from a combination of a small number of studies with a small number of deaths in populations not representative of the entire US population. They then generalized to all US hospitalizations and extrapolate this 440k figure. It’s junk. I mean, just use some common sense. If 440k people are dying from medical error, that’s almost 2/3 of all hospital deaths. You think 2/3 of people dying is due to doctors screwing up and killing them? That’s just stupidity. I know you don’t know much about this stuff, but I would think that should sound ridiculous to just about anyone who thinks about it for a minute.

Not all those that die through medical errors die in a hospital

Back