How would current heavyweights do in pride?

Kerr, Coleman, Fujita, Erikson, Randleman.

They all take down and dominate Francis.

Mirko would be on his back When that left hip turned for a kick against DC. My opinion, yours isn’t the same.

Anderson was on his back. Still made DC squeal with a body kick. Gustafsson was on his back. Still hurt and dropped DC.

Taking Mirko down wouldn't save DC from Mirko's striking.

And it's not just the liver kicks. The way DC leans towards head kicks… just lol. Mirko was about the worst possible match-up he could ever had.

I actually think Semmy today would do very well, in Pride he faced alot of elite grapplers(Nog, Fedor, Barnett, Sergei) who could take him down and finish him but today the division is very like on that level of grappling. He wasnt totally helpless on the ground, not so elite grapplers were not able to beat him in that fashion and he even has a few sub finishes.

I mean even back in the day Semmy could have caused massive problems for Mirko, Hunt or Sylvia but never got those fights.
Agreed. Especially now that DC is retired. Today's HW is K1 lite in a nursing home pretty much.

You’re trying to ignore the fact that the sport has weight classes as part of its rule set. Lol.

No, I just told you weight classes make it impossible to measure fighters under equal circumstances. Fighters only get tested at their weight class, thus they cannot be better than someone on who fights at a higher division. The thought that a LW could ever be a better fighter than a HW is a fantasy.

Even Aldo said so. P4P doesn't matter, Cain would beat me up.

i don't believe that to be true. fedor rarely fought the natural #1 contender or next in line when he was at the top. i don't agree he would have had the same streak or record. if fedor, nog, werdum, sergei, barnett, cro-cop, aleks, randy, mir, arlovski, hunt, etc are all in a fishbowl fighting each other fight after fight, of course their collective records would be worse. it's not rocket science.

and c'mon, he beat an old judoka in a minute......

One problem with this reasoning: The 2 greatest UFC champions of all time lost to cans. Not to elite fighters, but cans.

If Fedor's win streak was due to fighting low caliber opponents, why were Anderson and GSP's winning streaks ended by cans?

The fact that they lost to cans and Fedor didn't, suggests remaining unbeaten is very hard, regarldless of who you fight.

One problem with this reasoning: The 2 greatest UFC champions of all time lost to cans. Not to elite fighters, but cans.

If Fedor's win streak was due to fighting low caliber opponents, why were Anderson and GSP's winning streaks ended by cans?

The fact that they lost to cans and Fedor didn't, suggests remaining unbeaten is very hard, regarldless of who you fight.
except there were no "cans" that beat any elite hw's in pride. the cans at hw were fodder.....

and calling serra a can is a joke. he beat gsp, was competitive with bj and hughes (and din), wins over lytle and edwards too.

and noone ever denied fedor's streak was impressive as it was.

Truth, delusional fantasy hater buffoonery, what's the diff?

Truth: GSP would have lost in open weight bouts.
Delusional fantasy: Thinking the opposite of the above.

That's the difference.

Anderson was on his back. Still made DC squeal with a body kick. Gustafsson was on his back. Still hurt and dropped DC.

Taking Mirko down wouldn't save DC from Mirko's striking.

And it's not just the liver kicks. The way DC leans towards head kicks… just lol. Mirko was about the worst possible match-up he could ever had.
You seem to be right about every topic on earth so I won’t argue.

Theres a reason why GSP asked for stricter testing.

Yeah, and then acted super shady about it making all sort of questions about what they would test for, etc., which even the NSAC found odd.

When someone goes the extra mile to appear innocent, they're usually guilty.

GSP had the HGH gut and the history of cheating with vaseline. He's no innocent.

except there were no "cans" that beat any elite hw's in pride. the cans at hw were fodder.....

and calling serra a can is a joke. he beat gsp, was competitive with bj and hughes (and din), wins over lytle and edwards too.

and noone ever denied fedor's streak was impressive as it was.

Nog almost got killed by a can. HW cans' physique and power makes them a threat to anyone.

Fedor didn't lose to cans because he was a less flawed fighter. He was good enough to tap out an olympic Judoka, while Anderson got subbed by a guy with a losing record. He was also good enough not to get caught by the cans he fought, unlike GSP.

And Serra was 100% a can. Beating GSP doesn't change that.

Back