I feel like Prime Chael Sonnen would have Decisioned GSP

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just too strong, too fast, too explosive. His wrestling was really good!

He outwrestled bigger stronger guys than GSP.

I think he gets on top of him and beats on him. Doesn’t finish him.

GSP doesn’t sub people off of his back. He wrestles and gets to his feet.

GSP has obviously better standup but I don’t think he hits as hard as the guys that Chael has been out wrestling. Chael doesn’t get knocked out easy.

200w.gif

Yeah, so this is a left field Thread lol, sure to ruffle some Feathers too haha. TS is bored.

GSP already proved he could make very good wrestlers look silly aside from Hendricks. Chael was a good fighter and grappler in his prime, but if GSP decided to go up to MW and stay there he could have been just as strong, maybe stronger than Chael. I see it competitive but decisive for GSP (4 rounds to 1)

Last edited:
Except for Chael himself said that GSP was one of the strongest P4P guys he's sparred with, and they were in different weight divisions.

Yes. I believe he's the only one to have fought Fedor, Anderson and JJ. He sparred him but he said it was basically a full on fight and he got schooled, said GSP is better than any of the three I mentioned.

Hard to imagine he could have got schooled more than he did against Fedor or JJ ha ha

This isn't a controversial take, Chael is a weightclass above GSP

GSP might beat him in 5 rounds but I'd think Chael would win 3 round fight almost every time

Yeah probably. Chael is the much bigger man, and hadthe perfect style to capitalize on that advantage.

On the other hand, his wrestling was always tremendously overrated. I could imagine GSP stuffing him and landing takedowns of his own, especially later in the fight.

only person that could hold gsp was Hendricks sonnen might but he would lose the fight

Probably, prime Chael is very underrated. He was totally on the sauce and it made him a terminator for a short while.

I don’t think MW gsp is very good, he beat one eyed end of the road Bisping but that’s not saying much. No shame losing to a guy from a weight class above.

Yeah Prime Chael would have beaten the crap out of GSP. His cardio was just as good as GSP's as well, and remember, he had power, he dropped Silva.
Chael 50/45.

Back