I feel like Prime Chael Sonnen would have Decisioned GSP

Just too strong, too fast, too explosive. His wrestling was really good!

He outwrestled bigger stronger guys than GSP.

I think he gets on top of him and beats on him. Doesn’t finish him.

GSP doesn’t sub people off of his back. He wrestles and gets to his feet.

GSP has obviously better standup but I don’t think he hits as hard as the guys that Chael has been out wrestling. Chael doesn’t get knocked out easy.
You want me to post where Chael says GSP is a better wrestler than him?

Just too strong, too fast, too explosive. His wrestling was really good!

He outwrestled bigger stronger guys than GSP.

I think he gets on top of him and beats on him. Doesn’t finish him.

GSP doesn’t sub people off of his back. He wrestles and gets to his feet.

GSP has obviously better standup but I don’t think he hits as hard as the guys that Chael has been out wrestling. Chael doesn’t get knocked out easy.

Chael is a much bigger guy. Not exactly ground breaking.

GSP was a legit game planner and exploited opponents weaknesses.

Chael could F up a cup of coffee.

I feel Chael Sonnen is entertaining and has a gift of gab, so to speak, but I also think he's fake and has an agenda behind things he says.

BTW, it's possible 'cause he was a weight class up, and if it was Silva era Chael on testosterone it's not a far stretch of the imagination.

Maybe a bit longer than 15 secs but he didnt hold down Okami and Bisping much more than that
He ragdolled Okami and held Bisping down for almost entire 3rd round.
who has literally ever taken georges down and kept him there?
Hendricks had him down,in 4th round held him there for long,decided to let him get up actually for some reason.
Koscheck in first fight also held GSP down for longer time,round ended with him on top from my memory.So Chael being bigger surely could wrestle him and get the better of him.

He ragdolled Okami and held Bisping down for almost entire 3rd round..

He couldnt keep Okami down, get a clue from him:

He couldnt held Bisping down enough to win the fight, according to Chael himself, so get a clue:

GSP would be favoured to beat both Okami and Bisping, with way better odds.
GSP is a better wrestler, more athletic, and just overall a more skilled and better conditioned fighter than them
Sonnen came as a clear underdog vs Yushin Okami btw, who has fought half his career at WW

It's just one weightclass apart, and GSP is a big WW.
Sonnen never beat the beat the very best at MW neither

You really need to get a clue

Yes. I believe he's the only one to have fought Fedor, Anderson and JJ. He sparred him but he said it was basically a full on fight and he got schooled, said GSP is better than any of the three I mentioned.

Hard to imagine he could have got schooled more than he did against Fedor or JJ ha ha

Chael says a lot of things that aren't true lol

He couldnt keep Okami down, get a clue from him:

He couldnt held Bisping down enough to win the fight, according to Chael himself, so get a clue:

GSP would be favoured to beat both Okami and Bisping, with way better odds.
GSP is a better wrestler, more athletic, and just overall a more skilled and better conditioned fighter than them
Sonnen came as a clear underdog vs Yushin Okami btw, who has fought half his career at WW

It's just one weightclass apart, and GSP is a big WW.
Sonnen never beat the beat the very best at MW neither

You really need to get a clue

Did you watch those fights?If you did,than look what i refer to and what im saying in specific.
Fighters have a lot of things in their mind fresh after the fight,not really example to go for.You forget many things,you think many things that may have happened (or didnt) etc. Seen many times fighters being confused after fight.
Never did i say GSP can't beat him.I said Chael being the bigger wrestler could wrestle him and cause some trouble there in grappling in his prime.Is that enough we will never know.

Yeah Prime Chael would have beaten the crap out of GSP. His cardio was just as good as GSP's as well, and remember, he had power, he dropped Silva.

Chael 50/45.

Chael said he got dominated by GSP the first time they trained. Then he said he did better in 2013 because he took up jujitsu, but still lost. Chael could cause problems but GSP would probably confound and frustrate Sonnen by beating him at his own game.

GSP matched him wrestling , beats him striking and beats him on the ground. Unless Sonnen is lucky like Matt Serra he would eat shit in that fight.

Back