I Just Watched GSP vs Jon Fitch

Tbh this win was by far the most impressive thing GSP did in MMA and it's not even close. Single handidly turns GSP's competition from being weak to strong IMO(Shields is great but that win wasn't dominant like this one). Take out Fitch that list looks pretty weak, put Fitch fight in and in those GSP v AS arguments, quality of opponents almost always went GSP's way.

Am biased cause the Fitch fight was one of the first UFC events I was ever aware of. Fitch's dominance beforehand(and after) and how incredible it makes the stats for this fight look do not lie though.

Funny I don't see any gsp worship threads talking about his serra fights, hardy fight, alves fight or the kos fights which constitute 50% of his title wins. Fitch was a great win no denying that but let's stop this narrative that Georges had the toughest row of.murderers to fight.

You're 100% right this stands out among a bunch of defenses that weren't too impressive. Think this perception came from the AS debates and AS's competition looked worse. Also guys like Condit and Koscheck look much better in the era those fights happened, today no one's bragging about GSP beating Condit(cause he became a punching bag once the division got strikers) a few years back they would be. Most of GSP's opponents have not had their reputations age well except Shields and Fitch.

Beating Hughes and BJ Penn twice twice also hasn't aged well. 10 years ago that got a ton of respect. Now beating BJ Penn and the last guy BJ Penn ever beat isn't a bragworthy feat.

Gsp couldn’t finish fitch. Jones finished DC.

Jones GOAT

To be fair to GSP fans, Fitch was a way more dominant number 2 at 170 than DC at 205. DC almost lost to Gus(IMO and one of the judges opinions he did), almost got finished by Rumble the first time and a lot of his other fights were against non factors(AS, old Hendo and Cummins) and a Volkan who was not ready to fight for the title. Fitch was putting on a huge streak while DC technically has the TJ Dillashaw streak going.

DC really just got handed a title cause he was first in line when Jones's life fell apart and his best achievements are at HW, Fitch was the clear number 2 for years and years.

Jones is the GOAT and I don't think a GSP fan can get make an honest argument otherwise on the merits that don't involve PED's but damm the Fitch fight was impressive.

I remember a moment where they were both getting back to their feet and they were both on their knees GSP socked him in the face during that split second it was so funny

LOL

RingedVacantEarthworm-size_restricted.gif

truth hurts...

Nobody is triggered besides you....

You don't know what a fact is.

GSP may be p4p the greatest of all time (in fantasy land were smaller and inferior fighters are rewarded for being small) but in reality Fedor is the greatest of all time.

Awh, You sound like an ogre.

Fitch most likely would be a top 10 in UFC even by now he would be top 15 for sure
Not sure why you would think that. I don't think that Fitch has more than one top 5 victory in his entire career.

Fitch is one of the toughest guys the sport has ever seen. Sure he finally got cracked. But when he was younger he was non stop pressure and absurd durability. I wish the fans appreciated him more. They cant all be KO artist.

One of the fights GSP haters couldn't even point to and be like 'BUT HE DIDN'T FINISH!'

Complete ass whooping and awesome to watch.

What an ass whooping lol. Granted most of GSP's fights are one sided but this was back when George still had a little bit of killer instinct and he was dominating a guy that had gone 8-0 since entering the UFC. His right hand counter to Fitch's left at the beginning of the third round was especially sweet. If this fight happened today, it'd be scored 50-41 for sure under the current judging system.

yeah it was probably the biggest beatdown in a title fight ever that went to a decision.

Fitch was a beast, and yet, the GOAT completly dominated him. It was a glorious fight.

LOL
GSP fanboys so desperate to keep him trending...
it's pathetic...
We are online on forums for fanboys to talk about fights and fighters. What makes this pathetic? It is pathetic that you need express your saltyness.

This is so hilarious. Gsp fans know no bounds. So now due to revisionist history and you guys changing a narrative so your decision machine hero who Hendricks sent out of the sport for four years only to come.back to.cherry pick a 40 year old cyclops.

I've seen it all folks. So.since its been established here that Fitch was a good win, you now take that and exaggerate and build his legacy only to make your guy look better.
Someone wrote a huge post saying that Fitch is better than DC. Also read that Fitch would be a top 10 ww today.
Been reading praise after praise for Jon fitch. Funny you were the same people that said he sucked after Hendricks flat lined him and after maia fitched him.
I'm a fan of the guy myself. I have always appreciated his toughness. He is a very good fighter and in all sincerity probably gsps biggest win. However, the way he is being pushed on top of an alter now is a joke. You guys are only doing that to legitimize gsps lackluster win column.

You don't know what a fact is.

GSP may be p4p the greatest of all time (in fantasy land were smaller and inferior fighters are rewarded for being small) but in reality Fedor is the greatest of all time.
Jon Jones is better than Fedor. Only in a land if fantasy is this not the case.

Jon Jones is better than Fedor. Only in a land if fantasy is this not the case.

The case could be made. It would be a great fight. Both would utterly annihilate GSP so...

This is so hilarious. Gsp fans know no bounds. So now due to revisionist history and you guys changing a narrative so your decision machine hero who Hendricks sent out of the sport for four years only to come.back to.cherry pick a 40 year old cyclops.

I've seen it all folks. So.since its been established here that Fitch was a good win, you now take that and exaggerate and build his legacy only to make your guy look better.
Someone wrote a huge post saying that Fitch is better than DC. Also read that Fitch would be a top 10 ww today.
Been reading praise after praise for Jon fitch. Funny you were the same people that said he sucked after Hendricks flat lined him and after maia fitched him.
I'm a fan of the guy myself. I have always appreciated his toughness. He is a very good fighter and in all sincerity probably gsps biggest win. However, the way he is being pushed on top of an alter now is a joke. You guys are only doing that to legitimize gsps lackluster win column.

What’s hilarious is how triggered you are

The case could be made. It would be a great fight. Both would utterly annihilate GSP so...
Yes, a HW would beat a WW. They'd also both murder Anderson Silva.

I'll.ask this again, when did Dan Hardy, thiago alves, matt serra, josh koscheck, ww bj penn and 40 year old matt Hughes become the highest echelon of opponents in mma. This is like 60% of his resume btw.

Matt was 33 the last time he fought GSP. Those matches are just less than 40% of his fights.

Back