Social Is there something wrong with Jordan Peterson?

Do you agree with his explanation?

• Total voters
I don't know how Jordan Peterson became such a polarizing figure, no doubt he has a lot of sound and deep understanding of human psychology but he doesn't say anything new or profound from the world of psychology and is often credited for doing so. Why people look toward him for social or political commentary is beyond me. Hitchens would have mopped the floor with him.

She has a beautiful face, she's not ugly by any means.

She's just fat. Lose 45lbs and she'd be a stunner.

As of now though. . . No thanks

I mean she's more attractive than Jordan Peterson's wife. Imagine him trying to share a nice picture with his "beautiful wife" and people start him roasting him telling him she's not beautiful

Lmfao, I just googled her, wow what a dog. He should keep his fkn mouth shut. I’d rather rail that fat Asian than that Russianish ayn rand looking bitch.

She doesn't quite float my boat, but she is undoubtedly pretty.

But regardless, what makes some contrarian old junkie on twitter the arbiter of what is, or is not attractive?

Peterson would do well to avoid stating absolutes about matters that are purely subjective.

It is also important to note that they came out with several different covers. This is only one of them, there's nothing wrong with models being different sizes. You don't need to be attracted to everyone, I don't know what he is trying to do here and I'm glad he got pushback. Beauty is subjective anyway and personally I don't think she is that bad looking.
Exactly, these were the covers:

si-swim-covers-2022-ftr.jpg

Also, who gives a shit about a sports illustrated cover? Honestly? If you don't find something or someone attractive, move on. Imagine crying over this stuff as a grown man; "buhu, one of the sports illustrated swimsuit covers in 2022, which I have never once in my life read or bought, had a women who was overweight on it! She's ugly! How will I ever recover from this authoritarianism??"

Jesus christ dude, without getting into actual people in society being represented and not just the 0,1% of impossible beauty standards (either by surgery or lottery genetics), just move on. I'd get more aggravated that Kardashian is on one of the covers than someone who looks like a real person, tbh.

i see it a little differently. obviously its better to not be obese but the fact is many people are. the question is should they feel totally ashamed of themselves or should they still feel sexy and alive? ive noticed a big difference between the way black women who are heavy feel and carry themselves compared to white women who are heavy (generally). many black women carry that weight really well, still feel sexy, are not afraid to dance and move around in public and have great sex appeal.

i think white women should embrace this mentality and swimsuit models like this help this that imo

also-- wood.
Should meth users be made to feel sexy and alive? Smokers? Alcoholics? There's no difference. All are a choice that results in massive strain on the healthcare system. But guess which one causes the most strain and is the easiest to fix??

He's had plenty of temper tantrums on Twitter before. How can you take enough benzos to end up in a coma and still be this angry?

What’s funny about this is that JP always claims some kind of “machismo”

I mean look at him

Exactly, these were the covers:

si-swim-covers-2022-ftr.jpg

Also, who gives a shit about a sports illustrated cover? Honestly? If you don't find something or someone attractive, move on. Imagine crying over this stuff as a grown man; "buhu, one of the sports illustrated swimsuit covers in 2022, which I have never once in my life read or bought, had a women who was overweight on it! She's ugly! How will I ever recover from this authoritarianism??"

Jesus christ dude, without getting into actual people in society being represented and not just the 0,1% of impossible beauty standards (either by surgery or lottery genetics), just move on. I'd get more aggravated that Kardashian is on one of the covers than someone who looks like a real person, tbh.
You didn’t know?

Conservatives have become what they despise the most: crybaby victim screamers

That's not a bad looking model for magazine's standards these days

In all honesty, keep that stuff to yourself he's coming off as a but hurt incel at this point.

Based on what you've presented, no. He is correct-- that is not attractive

That chick's hardly morbidly obese, although there's definitive limits to my idea of "more is more" and I don't believe being that large is actually the current ideal of beauty.
Still, I'd go with big Victorian women over early '90s waifs or androgynous 20's flappers any day of the week.
Not sure why Peterson's opinion on this would matter, although I think he's just trying to attribute his personal taste or preferences to some sort of universal values, which wouldn't be new. Not really evidence of him being off his chops again.

Should meth users be made to feel sexy and alive? Smokers? Alcoholics? There's no difference. All are a choice that results in massive strain on the healthcare system. But guess which one causes the most strain and is the easiest to fix??

i dont think ANY group of addicts will fair better or have better outcomes from public shaming and in fact feeling alive will only help those people to get well.

the public shaming is merely a function of peoples judgment and vitriol, cruelty and sinfulness. when you find someone mocking a fat person you are seeing sin of a weak and undeveloped human being, a petty human being and they cause harm to society themselves and have not come to any real wisdom or kindness in this life.

covers like this one are basically just good people trying to combat the sin and pettiness of bad people and giving fat people a chance to feel like decent human beings and not be defined by the ONE thing they have wrong with them that is visible.

So jordan would rather marry Elon's mother instead? Is the memo I'm getting here.

Never really followed nor cared about Peterson much despite being praised and considered a genius by the masses. He is right in this case, though.

Btw this is coming from a man who loves voluptuous women and couldn’t get an erection from a victoria’s secret girl with no ass and curves.

i dont have twitter but this video breaks down some of the responses peterson got for his mean spirited comments and also addresses the hypocrisy of quitting twitter because people used mean words right after using mean words himself-- fucking lol. some of the responses he got are pretty poignant. his own ugliness, frailty and weakness itself being questioned and his own wife too.....

imagine how hard petersons brain is working with all that education and intelligence to justify the unjustifiable and to explain away the hypocrisy. im sure his official response will begin with "i am misunderstood and people dont know what i meant" thats a game of mental hot potato that cant be any fun to engage in. its hard to not hold your own hypocrisy and make it someone elses fault.

imagine being this intelligent and educated and still being so petty and emotionally frail and underdeveloped. what peterson needs is a long term counselor or spiritual director that can help him see and accept without defense all of the gaping holes and contradictions in his thinking about life.

A few days ago he made a comment about a plus size model who got put on the cover of Sport Illustrated

While I get where he's coming from and don't really think that woman is attractive enough to be on the cover, I just thought it came off kind of nasty and immature the way Jordan Peterson worded it. I'd be lying if I said that I didn't lose a little bit of respect for him after that

He then got lots of backlash because of his comments then posted another series of tweets about how bad twitter is for people and that he will be stepping away, yet he's continued posting. I'm seriously wondering about the guy's mental health now and if he's developed another addiction

I'm not a huge fan of the fat acceptance movement but I agree with you, his comment here came off as nasty and uncalled for. This Yumi Nu women isn't even that bad as far as plus sized models go.
Surely the fact that "fat models" is a weird ass oxymoron that could only exist in our current clown world isn't news to people. In the event that it is, you should know that more people hate it than just Jordan Peterson. It's been comedy fodder for a while now :D
There are some very attractive plus sized models like Stefania Ferrario.

And the reality is that more and more women in the West are overweight and obese. What use are models if they're wholly unrepresentative of the population they're modeling clothes to?

Last edited:
He seems kind of off, I never understood why people listen to him
Probably because a lot of the stuff he says is dead on. And yes there is some over-the-top stuff in there too, and there are things one can criticize him personally about, but none of that crap really matters.

Whether or not Jordan Peterson cleans his own room is irrelevant, hypocrisy doesn’t make a point invalid.

lmao. I've come across a lot of JP cultists who older too, which is even worse. 40's and 50's.
His biggest fan is a 5ft 5" podcast guru, mma commentator, bjj Black belt, comedian.

No idea how someone like Joe who claims to have high standards with people in his circles is so fond of this odd man.

Back