It's time to accept Saenchai as the greatest

Was never much of a fan of Saenchai's "I'm too fast and crafty for you so I'll make you look dumb for 5 rounds." Style...but can't disagree with the OP either, Mayweather of Muay Thai minus the ducking opponents and shit talking.
Going off subject quickly. I'm just curious because I keep hearing this for years. Can you please let us know who exactly Floyd has ducked apart from Pacquiao who he asked to take a drug test and said no.

Let me tell you something as someone who competes. Even thou I dont fight at an elite level if my opponent says no to a drug test I'm not fighting them. I dont care if they come back a few months later agreeing to take a test. That's like employing someone to work for you and one requirement is to take a drug test and they say no lol are you really going to employee them even if they come back months later agreeing to take a test? Pac's lucky he finally got that fight and took home a nice paycheck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going off subject quickly. I'm just curious because I keep hearing this for years. Can you please let us know who exactly Floyd has ducked apart from Pacquiao who he asked to take a drug test and said no.

Let me tell you something as someone who competes. Even thou I dont fight at an elite level if my opponent says no to a drug test I'm not fighting them. I dont care if they come back a few months later agreeing to take a test. That's like employing someone to work for you and one requirement is to take a drug test and they say no lol are you really going to employee them even if they come back months later agreeing to take a test? Pac's lucky he finally got that fight and took home a nice paycheck.
Iirc Pac didnt refuse the test outright, he refused having blood drawn within 2 weeks of the fight.

Was never much of a fan of Saenchai's "I'm too fast and crafty for you so I'll make you look dumb for 5 rounds." Style...but can't disagree with the OP either, Mayweather of Muay Thai minus the ducking opponents and shit talking.
saenchai hater

Is there any footage out there of Saenchai's boxing fights?

I'm pretty new to Muay Thai and these names are turning my brain to mush!

I'm totally unfamiliar with them and having a hard time remembering them. I'm sure reading through the threads and watching the videos you guys are posting will be a big help.

I'm totally unfamiliar with them and having a hard time remembering them. I'm sure reading through the threads and watching the videos you guys are posting will be a big help.
yes it is really difficult because the fighters dont use their real names, they adopt a fight name and as a surname they use the gymname. when they change gyms, it gets confusing.

yes it is really difficult because the fighters dont use their real names, they adopt a fight name and as a surname they use the gymname. when they change gyms, it gets confusing.

I'm sure I'll get there, just don't flame me when I inevitably make a schoolboy error! :)

The accusation is that Pacquaio was on steroids, he refused to have blood taken out two weeks before the fight, if he were on steroids however he would want the test as close to the fight as possible as he'd have more time to cycle OFF the steroids. So it was a lot of controversy over nothing.

Made a small Saenchai highlight video if anyone is interested

But I wanted to talk / ask about Saenchai.

I knew him by name for some time, seen highlights but never really more than that. Read about him in the forums often enough, but now watched more highlights, full fights, made my own highlight too and watched some training footage too.

He indeed seems to be very skilled fighter and legendary too. Is there any plans for him to fight in Lion Fight? Yod has fought there, Malaipet and some other thais too. Would be fun to see Saenchai there as well.

Who / what fight is considered his best win?

Also, I like his cartwheel kick, very unique and flashy. But in boxing, you cant put your glove to the canvas, right? Is this not a rule in muay thai or kickboxing?

Last, how would you guys see him do in a fantasy fight against Yodsanklai? Although I guess Yod is bigger of the two though

Thanks

I knew him by name for some time, seen highlights but never really more than that. Read about him in the forums often enough, but now watched more highlights, full fights, made my own highlight too and watched some training footage too.

He indeed seems to be very skilled fighter and legendary too. Is there any plans for him to fight in Lion Fight? Yod has fought there, Malaipet and some other thais too. Would be fun to see Saenchai there as well.

Also, I like his cartwheel kick, very unique and flashy. But in boxing, you cant put your glove to the canvas, right? Is this not a rule in muay thai or kickboxing?

Last, how would you guys see him do in a fantasy fight against Yodsanklai? Although I guess Yod is bigger of the two though

Thanks

I wouldn't get hung up on what promotion or where he fights. It's not like Lion Fight is loaded with talent. What he's doing now in traveling the world and taking random fights is basically like fighting in Lion Fight, but just more frequently.

Hard to say what his best win is because we don't know too much about his career prior to 2003. There's no online database for Lumpini/Rajadamnern prior to then, and only a handful of his 1990's fights are out there. In 2006 he beat Singdam Kiatmuu9 while having to weigh in at 126 and Singdam at 130. To me that's probably his best win that I know of.

I don't think his cartwheel thingy is allowed in the stadiums, and just does it when fighting internationally. It's not really a serious move, just for entertainment.

Yodsanklai is so much bigger, but I think Saenchai could do alright with Yodsanklai. Probably not win because of size, but stylistically it's not terrible for Saenchai. Back when Yod was at 130-135 it would have been easy work for Saenchai.

Thanks

He has beaten so many top fighters it's hard to say which one is his considered his best win. His record is truly amazing. All of his bouts against Singdam and Nong-O, wins over Orono, Kem, Bovy, Noppara, Jomthong, Sagetdao, Petchboonchu, Pakorn, Kongsak, Penek, Pakorn, Diesselek.

Hypothetically, it's hard to say. Alot of top thai fighters have fought many times with some wins, some loses. For example, Saenchai fought Singdam 10 times, won 6 times and lost 4. He fought Nopparat 6 times, 1 win, 2 draws and 3 losses. Singdam, Orono, Nong-O and Nopparat have all beaten Yodsanklai.

10-15 years ago i think Saenchai would win most of the time. Although Yodsanklai is alot bigger now, considering Saenchai recently beat Victor Nagbe twice (Victor nagbe had a competitive fight with Yodanklai, very close fight with Buakaw, and KO'd kem) beating Yodsanklai would not be impossible.

Stylistically he seems to have more trouble against clinchers like petchboonchu, yodwicha, phetmorakot etc.

I wouldn't get hung up on what promotion or where he fights. It's not like Lion Fight is loaded with talent. What he's doing now in traveling the world and taking random fights isn't any different than Lion Fight.

Hard to say what his best win is because we don't know too much about his career prior to 2003. There's no online database for Lumpini/Rajadamnern prior to then, and only a handful of his 1990's fights are out there. In 2006 he beat Singdam Kiatmuu9 while having to weigh in at 126 and Singdam at 130. To me that's probably his best win that I know of.

I don't think his cartwheel thingy is allowed in the stadiums, and just does it when fighting internationally. It's not really a serious move, just for entertainment.

Yodsanklai is so much bigger, but I think Saenchai could do alright with Yodsanklai. Probably not win because of size, but stylistically it's not terrible for Saenchai. Back when Yod was at 130-135 it would have been easy work for Saenchai.

Thanks for the answers

One of the reasons why I want to see him in the Lion Fight is the production and good video quality. I had some of his fights on my computer, but... not in a very good quality, im afraid. They got real good camera work in Lion Fight, and while it might sound like a minor reason, for me its a big deal for sure, especially since I like to make videos every now and then. Yokkao luckily has pretty good camera work as well and I like that they upload their fights, training stuff and interviews in their channel

I dont know that much about MT, hence the question about the best opponent / fight etc.

In an alternative universe where they are both at the same age and near same size, I think it would be an interesting fight to see, but yeah, maybe Saenchai would win handily

I think you lose points if the gloves touch the floor in stadiums. Something like that. Compare it to getting tripped and falling so that the gloves touch the floor.

And I'd suggest watching more of his fights in Thailand against top Thais to get a better perspective. Against foreigners or abroad he'll dick around lots of times and get laughs from the crowd and just cruise and have a good time. Pretty much nobody can make a real fight with him internationally. At Lumpinee and Rajadamnern it's competitive sport.

Last edited:
Back