Jailton Almeida Targets Showdown with Ex-Title Challenger Ciryl Gane

Winner?

• Total voters
If the UFC doesn't keep pushing Almeida at this point they're stupid. Gane is the fight to make, so make it. It has contender implications, and sorry but Gane hasn't commanded #1 contender status even if he thinks he has. Make that fight and you have a clear next up for a title shot, the real title anyway, not the honorary BMF thing Jones has.

I've got Almeida in this one but should be a great fight. Is Game on the way out? Can he compete at the highest level? This fight will tell us a lot

Almeida saw how Jon made easy work of Gane on the ground and thinks Gane is gonna be an easy win too. The problem is that Gane is much better than Lewis, and Almeida isn't Jon Jones

ciryl-gane-reacts-to-jon-jones-defeat.png

Gane beats Jailton. His lateral movement is fantastic and Gane never overcommits. He will pick Jailton off and not retreat straight back nor overcommit moving forward so Jailton’s timing won’t be there in the same way we saw last night against the plodding Lewis. Jailton counters his opponents overthrowing in order to time his entries for TD’s those moments won’t be there against the elusive Gane. He will try to force it and get picked apart.

Jones and Ngannou are different beasts altogether many people get it twisted because Gane lost to the two best in the world handily that he is anything less than elite. Jailton has his work cut out for him if this fight is made. Gane is elite and is better than anyone else in the current division (besides maybe Aspinall) imo.

Almeida is the worst possible fight for Gane. Blaydes can be caught and his takedowns are nowhere as explosive. And Gane can beat Pavlovich.

Gane seems picky about who he's fighting after the Spivak win, but he may as well fight Almeida, nobody else makes sense in the next 3-6 months.

I personally think he should have to fight Blaydes before he fights Gane tbh, but that's just me sir.

I'm a huge fan for any submission guy and am totally up for Almeida fighting anyone. My only complaint about last night's fight is he never tried to hurt Lewis. Spivac really needed to rain fists down on Lewis to open him up for the sub and, idk, maybe Almeida has his head up his ass and thinks he can submit anyone, but clearly he's wrong.

I'm a fan of Gane but he should be fighting down the rankings. Who else makes sense that could realistically be booked soon? They could do a Volkov rematch I suppose, otherwise Almeida does make some sense.

Gane via anything he wants.

Think Almeida handles that pretty easily, unless Gane can keep it standing or get back up. Good matchup

Gane can't keep that fight on the feet.

Gane has no chance against Jailton, everybody knows this.

Thanks for the responses like always guys... Bunch of different takes. I like it :)

Blaydes, aspinall, and now Almeida have all called out Cyril gane. They all know how grappling game is weak.

cyril is genuinely fucked in the heavyweight top 5. His only path to the belt is to get a fight with pablovic if the Russian wins the belt

I think this one is very interesting because one of the 2 will redeem himself with it. If Gane beats Almeida, then that's 2 of the best 5 wrestlers of the division he would have beaten back to back since losing to Jones who is the GOAT and retiring anyway. If Almeida beats him, the Lewis fight will just be an off night where he still dominated him anyway. And the hype is back on track.

Almeida is the worst possible fight for Gane. Blaydes can be caught and his takedowns are nowhere as explosive. And Gane can beat Pavlovich.

No, the worst possible fight for Gane was Jon Jones.

Jon Jones would have finished Derrick Lewis in about a minute if his performance against Gane was anything to go by.

Jailton is nowhere near Jon Jones' level, and I think he loses to Gane - who beat the last guy that was a 'nightmare' in Spivak.

All right, Jailton is better than Spivak in the wrestling stakes, but I'm still on Gane here.

90% of the people who read this will believe it's copium, and I don't blame them...

But Jailton has been one of my favourite fighters in current UFC for awhile, and him triggering the forums makes me really happy.
I usually root for whoever the forums are shitting on or disrespecting.

War JiuJitsu.

Only Gane haters think that Almeida makes sense right now. He is shooting high, as any fighter should, but beating Rozenstruik and going 5 with Lewis is not any kind of resume.
Why not? Jailton beat 3 top 10/15 in 11 months and wasn't in danger of losing, it's time to step up in competition.

Last edited:
And neither is the other dork. Almeida is going to get his tds stuffed and picked apart on the feet.

You sure about that? I am not confident, at all, that Gane could neutralize his grappling. NCAA Division 1 Ngannou grapplefucked him. Even Gane's striking looks not so great at times, like when Tuivasa was able to keep landing haymakers on him and had him badly hurt.

Thx for the tag real mma fans gonna fan haha

<mma4>

No, the worst possible fight for Gane was Jon Jones.

Jon Jones would have finished Derrick Lewis in about a minute if his performance against Gane was anything to go by.

Jailton is nowhere near Jon Jones' level, and I think he loses to Gane - who beat the last guy that was a 'nightmare' in Spivak.

All right, Jailton is better than Spivak in the wrestling stakes, but I'm still on Gane here.

I agree. But I was talking about an opponent Gane can actually face in the future. Jones has absolutely no reason to rematch him.

Is there a UFC Heavyweight that would beat Jones?

90% of the people who read this will believe it's copium, and I don't blame them...

But Jailton has been one of my favourite fighters in current UFC for awhile, and him triggering the forums makes me really happy.
I usually root for whoever the forums are shitting on or disrespecting.

War JiuJitsu.

There is like 5 threads on him today... Just imagine how many Lewis threads there would be ( with gifs ) if he had won...

Voted for Jailton / hope it happens soon but would be surprised if UFC does it.

They're gonna milk Gane a bit longer to make JJ's lone win at HW still a big deal, solely because they have no other options currently. My guess is Gane fights yet another technically inferior kickboxer in the near future.

Almeida makes easy of Gane on the ground IMO

Unless Gane has been drilling some serious takedown defense...

Doubt it.

Bad stylistic matchup for Gane.

Almeida unlike Spivac isnt going to just stand at range and let Gane work his magic. He is relentless af with his grappling and will reshoot multiple times if he fails. Gane only had to worry about the clinch with Spivac. Spivacs double legs/singles are awful and he is much slower than Jailton not to mention Gane was getting taken down multiple times against an injured Francis.

I see Almeida getting him down without trouble. Lets just hope he remembers how to strike from mount this time.

unless Gane really hurts Almeida on the stand up, he will be taken down at will and most likely be finished.
Francis took him down easily. Imagine how hard it would be for Almeida with those NASTY lows. Once Almeida grabs one leg its over.

Back