Khamzat Chimaev

Anonymous Mayhem

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
How in this world does he get a title shot over all the true 185 pounders he beat Usman which means nothing. Dricus,Jared "Killa Gorilla" Cannonier ,Robert "The Reaper" Whittaker and Marvin "The Italian Dream" Vettori should all go to One Championship

I think it has a lot to do with investors and oil monies. While trying to maximize profits through wolf ticket sales.

looks strange but doesn't really bothers me
cannonier already got a title shot
dricus situation is unclear

Because Cumshot stepped up to the plate, because Strickland stepped up to the plate, and because Dricus did not.

Dricus declined to fight, when the UFC needed him, and now he's being shunned.

Robert Whittaker has already tried and failed to get the title.
Marvin Vettori has already tried and failed to get the title x2.
Jerrod Cannonier has already tried and failed to get the title.
Paulo Costa has already tried and failed to get the title, and pulled out of this fight.

Khamzat is the money fight.

However, I think Vettori, Costa, and Dricus would (will) beat Chimaev's ass.

Because Khamzat is one of the biggest name in the UFC right now, yeah he is nowhere near Conor's level but it's still enough to get him a undeserving title shot

Because Cumshot stepped up to the plate, because Strickland stepped up to the plate, and because Dricus did not.

Dricus declined to fight, when the UFC needed him, and now he's being shunned.

Robert Whittaker has already tried and failed to get the title.
Marvin Vettori has already tried and failed to get the title x2.
Jerrod Cannonier has already tried and failed to get the title.
Paulo Costa has already tried and failed to get the title, and pulled out of this fight.

Khamzat is the money fight.

However, I think Vettori, Costa, and Dricus would (will) beat Chimaev's ass.

Rankings are a great things when you care if your sport is a sport.

Cool your heels, Dana will find a way to get him to a belt, whether people like it or not. Bortz win against Usman looked ordinary and far from the smeshing people expected. I'd say Khamzat very lucky that wasn't a 5rd affair, or a TKO was coming for him.

Rankings are a great things when you care if your sport is a sport.

Technically agree, but I don't want to see any of those other guys fight for the title. They are all losers.

Couldn't even them "Champion" since they wouldn't actually be champion material.

For sure, I would've rather see Dricus Duplessis fight for the title, but I'm answering the question correctly as to the reason why he's not.

He was promised a title shot if he beat Usman, and he beat Usman. Like it or not, a year ago people were laughing at the idea he'd beat Usman, but goalposts have shifted.

Technically agree, but I don't want to see any of those other guys fight for the title. They are all losers.

Couldn't even them "Champion" since they wouldn't actually be champion material.

For sure, I would've rather see Dricus Duplessis fight for the title, but I'm answering the question correctly as to the reason why he's not.

You're definitely not wrong. I think this "________ stepped up" thing is going to turn into Dana jumping his favourite fighters past the rankings.

How in this world does he get a title shot over all the true 185 pounders he beat Usman which means nothing. Dricus,Jared "Killa Gorilla" Cannonier ,Robert "The Reaper" Whittaker and Marvin "The Italian Dream" Vettori should all go to One Championship
Cannonier’s career is over he’s 40 with a bum knee

You're definitely not wrong. I think this "________ stepped up" thing is going to turn into Dana jumping his favourite fighters past the rankings.

Dana does not care about the fighters. Their welfare means nothing. Putting on shows and making money is the paradigm.

Fighters that help the UFC do this, even against their own interests, are the preferential lambs.

Fighters that look for their own interests, refuse a short notice fight, and leave the UFC in a bad spot, get the cold shoulder.

He was promised a title shot if he beat Usman, and he beat Usman. Like it or not, a year ago people were laughing at the idea he'd beat Usman, but goalposts have shifted.

he beat a old and out of shape usman, also looked average while doing it

Definitely didn't earn it based on competition, but we know that money is king for Greedypotomus White.

He knows that fight sells because you have two hot heads that will likely be jawwing at each other in the build up and selling it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back