Los Angeles protests getting wild

I don't really understand the curfew thing. If people are rioting and looting, that's already illegal. Are there people are actually think, "You know, I was going to riot and loot, maybe destroy some business and attack a passerby, but the they have issued a curfew and I really should be getting home to avoid any trouble."

I guess it could be a way to distinguish between protestors from rioters, but that's not really that difficult to do anyway.
You could just be" out on the street" (on the way to loot) and not breaking the law. Now if your out past 1PM your blatently disobeying the law

Dumb and dumber.
How so? I dont have issue with protests but there is much more to this than police brutality. People are out of jobs and were on lockdown for 2 months. The message has been lost. I've been watching many streams and most people don't seem to have a real goal other than trying to bring it all down via some revolution. I don't think this is the way forward. Its just going to divide us further

I don't really understand the curfew thing. If people are rioting and looting, that's already illegal. Are there people are actually think, "You know, I was going to riot and loot, maybe destroy some business and attack a passerby, but the they have issued a curfew and I really should be getting home to avoid any trouble."

I guess it could be a way to distinguish between protestors from rioters, but that's not really that difficult to do anyway.
I THINK the idea behind it is those that wouldn't take part stay home so it makes it easier for police to attempt to police the rioting and looting.

I THINK the idea behind it is those that wouldn't take part stay home so it makes it easier for police to attempt to police the rioting and looting.

Yeah, there is some benefit to clearing the streets. But at the same time, are normal people going and hanging out at riots just for fun? I would think that when there is a riot occurring that you are not participating in, you would remove yourself from the situation without the need for a curfew. But I guess they know better than me, since I'm sure they've done this before.

Yeah, there is some benefit to clearing the streets. But at the same time, are normal people going and hanging out at riots just for fun? I would think that when there is a riot occurring that you are not participating in, you would remove yourself from the situation without the need for a curfew. But I guess they know better than me, since I'm sure they've done this before.
They aren't but if riots are anything like barfights... you can get dragged into them without realizing and it's almost impossible to truly predict WHERE they are going to go. So the less people out on the street the less potential for innocent bystanders getting stomped by fuckheads for no reason other than being there.

Let's be honest too, Americans have a very distinct "it won't happen to me". Look at the people out and about without masks or plenty of videos of people that stay at home during hurricanes and go shopping like it isn't coming.

yup it was my buddy in Van nuys / Valerio they own the liquor store there

we’re ok - nobody even came close to confronting once we drew on them they all ran off

you’d be surprised - but guns actually worked

Good on you. I can't see any Authoritarian politicians getting away with their gun control bullshit anytime soon, because of this crap. I would not be surprised that they decided to take a hard pass on an event with you.

I have some fine hardware including one that starts with AR created by a nuclear engineer. Check out Black Sword Armory.

https://blacksword.us/

The owner is a friend (Cavanaugh). He worked at Y12 as an engineer where Nuclear Weapons are designed/created for the U.S.A. since WWII. It's part of the Manhattan Project.

My preferred hand gun is a Glock 21 (.45). I may move down to a 9mm now that all the new 9mm ammo has amazing stopping power. I grew up hunting in NorCal as a kid.

Children have curfews.

so, what time is yours?

tenor.gif

Curfews are so cops have free reign to arrest people.

There was a peaceful protest yesterday in Virginia Beach, and as soon as the curfew started, there were dozens of cops going full-blown on the protesters.

The rich are getting scared

Good. They should be scared.

Wealth inequality will only lead to violent revolution- it always has and always will. Maybe they should use their wealth and power to get these corporate fucks out of office

Curfews are so cops have free reign to arrest people.

There was a peaceful protest yesterday in Virginia Beach, and as soon as the curfew started, there were dozens of cops going full-blown on the protesters.

Salt Lake City handled it well this weekend. They had all local valley police departments and the Sheriff office on hand and they formed a line. 8:00 hits and they went from not speaking to protesters while holding the line to holding the line but speaking to people asking them politely to leave. It wasn't until 8:30 they started walking their line forward nudging the protesters back which causes some of them to leave then when the sun set is when you could hear the bullhorn:
"Please disperse"

I think they only had a couple arrests and those were done because someone threw a brick at the cops or was destroying property.

It is extremely difficult to distinguish between people in these situations, let alone masked people. The presence of even peaceful crowds makes it much harder for law enforcement to do their job when others are intents on causing chaos. That is like rule #1 for riot control.

Salt Lake City handled it well this weekend. They had all local valley police departments and the Sheriff office on hand and they formed a line. 8:00 hits and they went from not speaking to protesters while holding the line to holding the line but speaking to people asking them politely to leave. It wasn't until 8:30 they started walking their line forward nudging the protesters back which causes some of them to leave then when the sun set is when you could hear the bullhorn:
"Please disperse"

I think they only had a couple arrests and those were done because someone threw a brick at the cops or was destroying property.

Virginia Beach is trying their hardest to not let protests turn off potential tourists. Everywhere else in Hampton Roads had peaceful protests, but VBPD just started going crazy Saturday night at the Oceanfront. The protest was going fine until cops threw tear gas and some MAGA dipshit drove his truck through protesters. Then all hell broke loose.

Virginia Beach is trying their hardest to not let protests turn off potential tourists. Everywhere else in Hampton Roads had peaceful protests, but VBPD just started going crazy Saturday night at the Oceanfront. The protest was going fine until cops threw tear gas and some MAGA dipshit drove his truck through protesters. Then all hell broke loose.
Jesus.

I think the worst I saw was a local cop kind of kicked a rock that was thrown at the cops to the side (trying to get it to the pile of other shit that had been thrown at them) and it took a weird bounce and hit some protester in the shit. 2 cops broke the line and pulled that person to their aid station to make sure he was ok.

Jesus.

I think the worst I saw was a local cop kind of kicked a rock that was thrown at the cops to the side (trying to get it to the pile of other shit that had been thrown at them) and it took a weird bounce and hit some protester in the shit. 2 cops broke the line and pulled that person to their aid station to make sure he was ok.

Some places are doing a good job, but like I said: Virginia Beach needs to keep the tourism economy afloat. COVID already drove them crazy, and now this? No one is going to want to come to the beach.

And the day of the first situation was the anniversary of a mass shooting in Virginia Beach.

Those cops are tone deaf.

Back