Luque Can No Longer Take Punishment

Brain bleed sounds scary as fuck
That sucks! I didn't know that happened. He should be forced to retire. The former boxer Nick Blackwell made a miraculously recovery from his after emergency surgery then proceeded to squander his second chance by trying to spar. Now he's a vegetable by his own doing.

He is another example! Only he didn't get a 2nd chance like the dumb ass I mentioned.

What happened to him was terrifying, getting put in a coma twice! Horrific.

That loss had nothing to do with his chin, if you watch the finishing sequence Buckley doesn’t land a single shot, they all hit the arms of luque. He just gave up

That sucks! I didn't know that happened. He should be forced to retire. The former boxer Nick Blackwell made a miraculously recovery from his after emergency surgery then proceeded to squander his second chance by trying to spar. Now he's a vegetable by his own doing.
Yeah, didn't hear that either.
Luque should be forced to quit.

Hadn't heard of Nick Blackwell so googled it and turns out he's not a vegetable anymore. After the coma he was in a wheelchar and had super slurry speech for a while. But after many years of rehab he can now walk and speak nearly normally https://www.itv.com/news/westcountr...s-more-support-for-people-with-brain-injuries

Yeah, didn't hear that either.
Luque should be forced to quit.

Hadn't heard of Nick Blackwell so googled it and turns out he's not a vegetable anymore. After the coma he was in a wheelchar and had super slurry speech for a while. But after many years of rehab he can now walk and speak nearly normally https://www.itv.com/news/westcountr...s-more-support-for-people-with-brain-injuries
Thanks for the update. I'm glad he recovered. Aljaman Sterling had stuff show up on his CT scan and continued. Some of these guys are going to be bad off.

It was a strange end to the fight...just lying there, covering up, not trying to move, improve position, mount any sort of response...then when it's over, pop up and casually walk away? I didn't watch any post-fight stuff, but I'm curious to hear if Luque had (or will have) anything to say.

I had concerns about Luque after seeing how gun-shy and vulnerable he looked against RDA. To this day I genuinely believe that if Rafa had stopped letting himself get dragged into wrestling/clinch exchanges with the bigger man in that fight, he could have won down the stretch simply by putting Vicente on the back foot and making it a striking match. I will die on that hill.

That said, Buckley did what he needed to do. I think his speed and footwork were also doing a fine job of frustrating the more flat-footed man in Vicente. He's still not my favorite fighter and I can't bring myself to really back him for whatever reason, but that was a solid performance and should be credited as such regardless of Luque's baggage coming in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mapichtli
Back