Magic The Gathering

Danger Dave

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
anyone else play Magic when you were younger? My friend had what he called a white weenies deck. Was 15 lands and 45 1/1 humans. He always won so we stole his deck and hid it in the grass so the maintenance guy would run it over with the lawnmower.

that is how you win a game of Magic: The Gathering.

Played for a very long time.

Have probably sold more than thirty grand in cards.

I was a state champ. Haven’t played in years. Had full sets (almost 4 of everything) from unlimited to alliance.

Played for a very long time.

Have probably sold more than thirty grand in cards.
Yep my buddy still collects them. He probably has about 80k worth in his collection.

How the fuck are magic cards worth more than baseball basketball and football cards.

I played in the og black lotus days and then grew up.

I played as a kid and recently tried to play with my nephews. Game seems way more complex nowadays. I definitely see how people get into it though.

Yep my buddy still collects them. He probably has about 80k worth in his collection.

How the fuck are magic cards worth more than baseball basketball and football cards.

The game became huge globally.

When it first came out, they didn't understand balance, and some of the cards were insanely powerful.

Those cards were printed in very small quantities. Availability is extremely low, while power level is extremely high. One card sold this year for 180K.

Keep in mind baseball cards have sold for twenty times that.

The game became huge globally.

When it first came out, they didn't understand balance, and some of the cards were insanely powerful.

Those cards were printed in very small quantities. Availability is extremely low, while power level is extremely high. One card sold this year for 180K.

Keep in mind baseball cards have sold for twenty times that.
That first edition lotus is still like 1.8 mil ain't it?

Low print run?

Never played, but see all sorts of this at Target, but maybe not at Walmart.

I played as a kid and recently tried to play with my nephews. Game seems way more complex nowadays. I definitely see how people get into it though.
The G.I. Joe Valor vs. Venom DVD has a long video explaining how to play the G.I. Joe trading card game and runs thru a game and it's kinda complicated.

Low print run?

Never played, but see all sorts of this at Target, but maybe not at Walmart.

The first editions had very low print runs.

An early expansion (Fallen Empires) that was pretty terrible printed more cards than the combined print runs for every set that preceded it.

The only sets that truly matter with regards to huge money:

Alpha 2.6 million cards
Beta 7.3 million cards
Unlimited 35 million cards​

Those are the only sets with Power (Moxen, Lotus, Time Walk, Time Twister, Ancestral Recall)

s-l1600.jpg

Fallen Empires 375 million cards.​

Mediocre set, they couldn't give them away.

Arabian Nights, MTG's first actual expansion, only had a run of five million cards.

A box of boosters goes for 300k, but it's a huge risk, considering how easily the packs can be searched to check contents. The tops of the packs are translucent.

-1916814913320740.jpg

Cracked five or six packs today...

Loved it. Back when mirage came out.
I have some new sets but not many ppl to play it with.

Cards are over powered now for 20 Life hp. Games are over faster than direct damage decks.

No, but I've done lots of cock magic over the years.

I played in 93-94 whenever it first came out.

I used to play and just got back into it with MTG Arena.

Back