Magic The Gathering

I was more into beating my meat, tbh.

I was more into beating my meat, tbh.

I started playing when a relationship I was in ended. I was pretty gutted, and another girl who liked me swooped in even though all I wanted was the first girl.

I used to spend as much time playing cards as possible to keep my mind busy. The new girl had to drag me out of the shop. Eventually she realized that I wanted to play cards more than I wanted to have sex with her, and moved on. It was a weird time in my life, but I did warn her I wasn't ready.

i quit playing online once i was able to timewarp myself to winning every game. Basically you get an extra turn then you keep doing that for 30 mins. you think black decks are evil? try blue.

Me and some buddies played back in the day. I liked it alot but we weren't serious about it. I enjoyed tinkering with my deck probably as much as playing cuz I was trying for the perfect combo. I was best out of my friends but who knows if that means my decks were good or not.

Arabian Nights, MTG's first actual expansion, only had a run of five million cards.

A box of boosters goes for 300k, but it's a huge risk, considering how easily the packs can be searched to check contents. The tops of the packs are translucent.

-1916814913320740.jpg
We (well, my brothers told me)know a shop who does that shit.

Got a binder worth some good money. My crown jewel is the Vault 20 Mind Sculptor. It goes up and down in price a lot, but still solid. I got it after pulling a Tarmogoyf (almost worth $200 at the time) from a Modern Masters 2 box. Got the the Jace, and a pretty sick set up for a mill deck, including a full set of Glimpse the Unthinkables.

i quit playing online once i was able to timewarp myself to winning every game. Basically you get an extra turn then you keep doing that for 30 mins. you think black decks are evil? try blue.

Blue decks are still annoying, though not the most annoying at the moment, well mono blue isn't anyway. Simic, blue-green, is the worst to play against currently.

Fucking Oko and his fucking elk. You like that 8/8 swole green man with trample or the vampire with deathtouch? Well, Oko just turned them into elk...and then stole the elk from you too. Elk. Elk everywhere.

Last edited:
I played as a kid but was never very good. We never really followed the more complicated rules when we played just wanted to have fun. Was always more of a collector than player. I used to try to play with older kids who took it way more seriously. They found out I had a Jester's Cap which was apparently rare at the time and I had no idea. Traded me like 20 cards for it. Thought I made out way better in that deal.

Some of that artwork was really badass.

Yep my buddy still collects them. He probably has about 80k worth in his collection.

How the fuck are magic cards worth more than baseball basketball and football cards.
Ever see someone play a baseball game with baseball cards?

I thought the kids in my middle school who played it were even bigger dorks than the Pokemon kids.

I've played off and on since 2000. Can't really keep up with the physical game anymore, so I play this digital card game called eternal. Highly recommend it for anyone that wants to play a ccg but doesn't want to keep up with the hundreds of mechanics in mtg.

A hobby shop popped up last year in front of my kids' school & she asked me for a deck. Idk shit about MTG but my bros played for decades. I asked them if they're still playing & if they could help me out. Our youngest basically gave my daughter 2 of his basura decks. A red & a white starter decks. She's having fun & I'm getting nervous as I still remember my other brother telling me to never encourage them years ago as shit's expensive.

Back