Opinion MAID is Not Only Unethical, It's Murder

Now you want to switch to the case at hand? Ok fair enough.
Huh? It's clearly the topic at hand.
Suppose say we have a person with a lifetime case of depression just like the Dutch woman. She grew up seemingly normal with no trauma. Do we just lock them up for the rest of their life in an institution and drug them? She has battled severe depression for over a decade with no relief. She also hears voices and is chronically suicidal. She has attempted suicide over twenty times. The only times that she has some clarity is when she expresses her wish to end her own life. The doctors already exhausted all options to diminish the symptoms of her pathology. There is nothing they can do outside showing their patient some meta-analysis showing that people with her affliction might calm down after age 40. She is 28 now. She still wants to continue with the decision of ending her life because she feels she cannot suffer another decade plus. As a doctor do you abandon your patient or continue with her wishes?
Yes, as a DOCTOR you do everything in your power to help them. If they want to end their life, then they can do it themselves. It ain't exactly difficult. They don't need an "assistant" for it. Doctors should not be facilitating their patient's deaths. It would be FAR better for them to abandon them and suggest another doctor, then just killing them, which is the ultimate abandonment.

What experts? A bunch of doctors who know nothing about the nature of the mind and how to cure these types of problems? If they're not capable of solving these types of problems, then they're not really experts are they?

The logic that a field of medicine who cannot always “solve” a disease or disorder know nothing about the body or mind is nonsense.

Apply that to cancer. Somebody dies from a terminal cancer condition? Oncologist must know nothing about the nature of the body since they can’t solve those types of problems…

Am I doing this right?

Huh? It's clearly the topic at hand.

Yes, as a DOCTOR you do everything in your power to help them. If they want to end their life, then they can do it themselves. It ain't exactly difficult. They don't need an "assistant" for it. Doctors should not be facilitating their patient's deaths. It would be FAR better for them to abandon them and suggest another doctor, then just killing them, which is the ultimate abandonment.
You know that she went through several doctors and treatment teams. It's being going on for more than a decade. They have exhausted all treatment options. They can't control her symptoms well enough for her to be satisfied. Again you aren't reading the case. They aren't suggesting suicide to her. She is requesting for it.

I stumbled on to this interesting tale about euthanasia in the Netherlands. The former prime minister decided to end his life along with his wife at the dual age of 93. I think he stroked out back in 2019 and can't recover from it. She is really sick too but she will probably live a little longer than him. They decided to end it together last month while holding each other's hands.

You know that she went through several doctors and treatment teams. It's being going on for more than a decade. They have exhausted all treatment options. They can't control her symptoms well enough for her to be satisfied. Again you aren't reading the case. They aren't suggesting suicide to her. She is requesting for it.
I don't care if she's asking for it. If I ask you to kill me, and you kill me, guess what you're being charged with? Doesn't matter what the excuse is. You're a murderer. Same deal here. If she feels she has no other way out, then she can find her own way out. The doctors should not be providing her with death as a form of "treatment", as it is not any form of treatment. It's just murder.

I think adults with incurable or chronic health conditions should be entitled to end their lives. At the same time, I think the process should be stringent with plenty of legal and medical checks.

Same here.

I think a lot on the "no euthanasia" side are assuming that the "yes euthanasia" arguments are that people should be able to aided end their lives immediately and for whatever reason. If they feel a bit sad, a bit depressed, then they can get strapped on and get the injections by the end of the week.

They should have to go through a bunch of counseling and a thorough process where continuing with life is promoted. If after several weeks (maybe months?) of this they still want to do it, then they should be allowed.

"She said she decided to be euthanized after her doctors told her, “There’s nothing more we can do for you. It’s never gonna get any better"

Im not sure any doctor should be saying this to someone with mental health problems.

Lol this reminds me of your one post, Chris, when you wished to resurrect that one chick who killed herself so you could beat her back into death to teach her lesson about valuing life

I haven't changed my opinion much. In most cases it's a cowardly selfish hateful act that should not be encouraged and should only be state sanctioned in extreme cases where it's a mercy.

Throwing your life away is not something that should be taken lightly. And damned if I don't think our 28 year old woman in this story could find a way to live on and maybe even actually have a happy life.

And I don't want to hear any bullshit about not knowing her pain. I'm an autism and I know exactly what it's like to have your mind self sabotage you on a semi regular basis and to basically live in a constant state of flight or fight anxiety and I know you can overcome to a degree if you want to.

This girl is a total fuckin retard and needs to get smacked and given a pep talk and to be kept as far away from the suicide doctor as possible. Fuck that.

I don't care if she's asking for it. If I ask you to kill me, and you kill me, guess what you're being charged with? Doesn't matter what the excuse is. You're a murderer. Same deal here. If she feels she has no other way out, then she can find her own way out. The doctors should not be providing her with death as a form of "treatment", as it is not any form of treatment. It's just murder.
You aren't my patient.

Again these cases aren't so clear cut. By telling patients to fuck off is lacking compassion for their plight.

It’s entertaining seeing your holistic understanding on one hand (congrats, I wholeheartedly agree) and your militant acceptance of things barely sniffed or understood in comparison to medicine (climate). You’ll get there.

I have a background in physics and work in a technical field. Just because you have a trivial understanding of the climate issue, doesn't mean I do.

The logic that a field of medicine who cannot always “solve” a disease or disorder know nothing about the body or mind is nonsense.

Apply that to cancer. Somebody dies from a terminal cancer condition? Oncologist must know nothing about the nature of the body since they can’t solve those types of problems…

Am I doing this right?

We're not talking about a single case, I'm talking about the entire field.

They done all they can to dull the symptoms of her pathology but it isn't enough for her.

Everything but admit they don't know how to fix her problems, and steer her towards those who do.

Anyone have this story from a source that isn't a bottom rung tabloid by the way?

Edit: The Free Press seems to be the source for all the tabloid articles on the story, but doesn't provide additional information or context.

Yes

The right to die (for any reason) is as fundamental as the right to live (for any reason).

Failure to recognize this fact is the failure of civilization.

Saying "You must not die" is as absurd as "You must not breathe".

No thanks for me on your vision of utopia and what is and isn't civil dude. You must try not to die is the purpose of living

Am I doing this right?
Lmao comparing something that kills you with something that doesn't. You can't be serious

If she’ll “find a way” to die then let her find a way to die. The fact that she hasn’t yet despite always living with the urge to die tells me she doesn’t want to die.

What shouldn’t happen is an industry being built on the government or a company “compassionately” killing its people. I’ve seen television ads for this shit(I believe Canada) and it’s disgusting.

It only escalates. First it’s for the terminally ill and vegetables. Less than 25 years later they are killing their young for being depressed. Something almost everybody is at some point.

The west has transformed into a death cult with their obsession with suicide and abortion. About as progressive as cancer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jahmaltheknight
Back