Michael Chandler: Conor McGregor Announced Fight at 185 Pounds to 'Establish Dominance'

Winner?

• Conor

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Chandler

Votes: 56 83.6%

• Total voters
I'm going to LOL when McG flexes like the Hulk and tries to bully Chandler. Conor is going to be on vitamin-induced beach muscles while Chandler will have better functional strength. This fight ends in the regular rounds. No way on Earth that it goes to the championship rounds.

i really don't understand the reason why it's at 185. i'm guessing because conor doesn't want to cut weight. if conor wins, what's next? he's not going to fight a legitimate 185 fighter, so what's the point? strickland would smash him within three minutes lol. i dunno, they must have some plan in place i guess.

Conor has typically angled for fights at 170. He did against Cerrone and Diaz. I guess he wants to pretend he's a real welterweight or is too lazy to cut weight. But Chandler believes that because he offered Conor a fight at 170, Conor can't accept it because it would mean accepting Chandler's terms. So he's going a weight class up. Its stupid regardless, Chandler doesn't care at what weight they fight at, he just wants the fight to happen.

Accirding to B
Conor has typically angled for fights at 170. He did against Cerrone and Diaz. I guess he wants to pretend he's a real welterweight or is too lazy to cut weight. But Chandler believes that because he offered Conor a fight at 170, Conor can't accept it because it would mean accepting Chandler's terms. So he's going a weight class up. Its stupid regardless, Chandler doesn't care at what weight they fight at, he just wants the fight to happen.
Conor is 200lbs right now

Well, the good news is with Conor's NOTORIOUS cardio the added weight won't be an issue........

Accirding to B

Conor is 200lbs right now
A few months ago he posted that he was 190, I don't know where you got that he added 10 more lbs but I don't think it helps him. His primary issue has been his cardio. Gaining weight isn't going to help with that.

Conor doesn't need to go any further to establish dominance over Chandler. He's done that since the beginning.

The fact that Conor has fans is incomprehensible at this point. In b4 “he’s so rich and the most famous”. Good, let him fuck your sister or your mom, but he’s literally the worst thing to happen to MMA.

Conor doesn't need to go any further to establish dominance over Chandler. He's done that since the beginning.
Only Conor's mouth has been dominant. Chandler, at whatever fight or catch-weight is agreed upon, will destroy him if he just avoids that left hand.

Only Conor's mouth has been dominant. Chandler, at whatever fight or catch-weight is agreed upon, will destroy him if he just avoids that left hand.
I don't like Conor as much as the next guy and think Chandler is 100x the better human being, but, objectively, Conor has been alpha'ing him since TUF and Chandler has just accepted it and went along with it. I wouldn't doubt if Conor beat him in actual fight at this point.

I don't think the extra weight is going to help Conor. Chandler is going to be looking for takedowns and if anything the weight will be more of an advantage for Chandler when he gets on top of Conor.

Chandler should just come in around 170 and he should smoke him. I think he's gotta be Atleast 172 to make it a middleweight fight ?

If they wanna fight at 185 they should be directed to juice the fuck up. Oh wait, Conor already did which is any he would have trouble making 170 and not be able to hit 155 at this point

Is there any documented reason this fight is now almost 7 months away? They've waited so long to announce it and now they announce the date and it's over half a year away. And on another note, the higher McGregor goes up in weight, the worse it is for his style of fighting. All of his success was achieved by being cat quick and fluid. Yet he keeps adding muscle and slowing himself down.....

If this is a catalyst for some guys to stop weight cutting it will end up being a win.
I agree. What would the natural weight class of these two fighters be?

Are they fighting or is it a hot dog eating contest? 185???? Sheesh Looeesh!
I could eat

1877857695.0.jpg

Back