Michael Chandler: Conor McGregor Announced Fight at 185 Pounds to 'Establish Dominance'

Winner?

• Conor

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Chandler

Votes: 56 83.6%

• Total voters
Two Manlets bloating up multiple weight classes.

Midget fights clown show
KkmQE0.gif

I don't really care what weight class these two meet at if they and the UFC just want a one-off freakshow money fight that doesn't have any ramifications for rankings or the title picture at 155.

Neither Conor or Chandler should go anywhere in the rankings at Lightweight if they compete at 170, much less 185. This isn't some random Catchweight bout put together on short notice due to unforseen circumstances. This is a high-profile bout that has supposedly been in the planning stages for close to a year now.

i dunno, they must have some plan in place i guess.
You give the UFC way too much credit.

Where are all the Sherdoggers that say you are whatever weight class you make weight for.
That phrase applies to the stupidity behind Sherdoggers arbitrarily throwing around the term "weight bully". It doesn't really apply here.

McGregor is going to gas walking to the Octagon at 185
I dont get this, Conor doesnt have the best cardio at 155 sure, but he isnt going in at 155, he goes in at 170-175lbs, just like most of the division, going in at 185lbs or so why would it hurt his cardio that much? He wont be really moving up to MW, its a no weight cut fight, thats all, no dehydration, no strict diet, as long as his training is done right he might even have a better performance than at 155lbs.

I dont get this, Conor doesnt have the best cardio at 155 sure, but he isnt going in at 155, he goes in at 170-175lbs, just like most of the division, going in at 185lbs or so why would it hurt his cardio that much? He wont be really moving up to MW, its a no weight cut fight, thats all, no dehydration, no strict diet, as long as his training is done right he might even have a better performance than at 155lbs.
I'm guessing Conor is going to be somewhere around 185-190lbs for this fight in the cage, the extra 10-15lbs of muscle he's carrying on his frame is going to gas him faster. Shorter guys like Romero and Cormier have the bone structure to handle a heavier weight, Conor doesn't imo.

how is conor still a draw, he hasn't been a top fighter for 6 years

I'm still not buying it. The whole thing seems like hot air.

The extra weight limit is just gonna make Conor lazy. If Chandler is smart he will still come in great shape as if it is a fight at 155

If it goes past a round, it's gonna get super sloppy.

i really don't understand the reason why it's at 185. i'm guessing because conor doesn't want to cut weight. if conor wins, what's next? he's not going to fight a legitimate 185 fighter, so what's the point? strickland would smash him within three minutes lol. i dunno, they must have some plan in place i guess.
he'll just fight tony ferguson at heavyweight then

It's so Connor can fight at 185 and when he loses still be in title contention at 155...and 170.

Y'know.... I am interested in the fight.... 185 seems like it's just an exhibition though tbh.

If Conor isn't serious about mma any more, he should just fuck off.

Cowardly decision from McGregor to fight two weight classes above for an opponent who was already an overstuffed LW.

That decision, while it may be smart, does reek of a lack of confidence.
Chandler himself said in a recent Jesse James West video he's 190lbs at the start of training camps, even without letting himself balloon off pizza and crap between fights like other fighters

The cognizant difference you're experiencing is that none of the fighters weigh remotely near their weight class except the HWs. And even then there's fuckery like HWs cutting weight to make 265 or Hendo putting rocks in his pocket to make 206.

The fight's dumb at 185 not because they both can't easily make it but because we all (secretly) acknowledge when saying they're LWs that they're LWs who cut 20-40lbs first.

Back