Michael Chandler vs. Conor McGregor - Who wins?

Who wins?

• Michael Chandler

Votes: 56 68.3%
  • Conor McGregor

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • I'm apathetic to this fight.

Votes: 12 14.6%

• Total voters
^^ This.
8k62xn.gif

The day is coming where all of the cocaine and booze will handicap his brains ability to process things as fast as he used to.
I think that day is long past TBH

Neither guy is top 5, not sure why hardcores are so invested in this fight that has stalled for years. The winner loses to Gaethje, Poirier, Oliveira or Arman.

Conor seems like he's on serious drugs. Chandler might be getting old but probably has treated his body better.

they waited too long dont care much anymore.. Chandler never had a boring fight i bet Conor gases first.. but who cares..

Michael Chandler can only lose this fight if he goes full retard.
Which he sometimes does, like round 3 of the Dustin fight that he was winning from top position when he decided to fall to his back and attempt a RNC instead of just maintaining top position and landing strikes and go for subs from top control like he did in the previous round. But that would be far less likely with Conor since he doesn't have much of an offensive grappling or submission game.

Having said all that I still have Chandler winning even though his fight IQ can be terrible sometimes.

chandler has the fight iq of a mental midget. He should win but he will find a way to lose
His skill set is so much better than his fight IQ at least since he's joined the UFC when he was in Bellator he typically fought much smarter.

Chandler gets hit in a lot of his fights pretty cleanly. I can easily see Conor landing the one that leads to the end. But overall Chandler has a lot more ways to win so I pick him.

Overall, I like this fight and hope we get to see it.

In their primes though I would definitely go with Conor.
Yep. If Conor didn't have all those extracurricular activities you mentioned (drugs, booze, partying, social media warrior, etc.) I'd give him an edge now, too. He's a couple of years younger and they've had roughly the same amount of fights/damage...but Conor has only fought 4 times since 2018 when he came back to MMA from the Mayweather match. Chandler has had more late-career mileage.

However, Chandler is very disciplined about nutrition, training and taking care of himself...while Conor isn't.

His skill set is so much better than his fight IQ at least since he's joined the UFC when he was in Bellator he typically fought much smarter.
Chandler seems to fight for views/fans now...to his detriment. He did a lot of wrestling (some was downright LnP) in Bellator. Since joining the UFC, he's only done that for one round against Poirier. The rest was Just Bleed style.

McGregor , just a hunch , I think Mike is going to stand with him to try to prove something and end up in early trouble

IMO Chandler wins no matter how this fight goes. He has the better all around skillset and durability. Connor is a one punch wonder folks, that's it.

chandler has signed to lose
its his part of the deal

Grappling gay Conor might have a punchers chance if he can nullify the wrestling but he won't, he'll be on another KO highlight reel.

that's Bro Goals AF

To answer the question: Chandler in 2029; McGregor in the 2045 rematch.

IMO Chandler wins no matter how this fight goes. He has the better all around skillset and durability. Connor is a one punch wonder folks, that's it.
That may be all Conor is now, but in his prime he was a better striker than Chandler. The fight would've gone a lot like Alvarez-Conor unless Chandler could take it to the ground.

You don't KO Aldo and Alvarez and have wins against Max, Poirier, Mendes, etc. by being a 1-punch wonder. But Conor clearly gone downhill badly after coming back to MMA from the Mayweather fight. Once you make $100 million or so in another sport, it's hard to take MMA seriously.

Id say the two years off probably did Chandler some good. And probably did McGregor not so much.

Back