Media DC proposes the idea of McGregor vs. Chandler fighting at UFC 300

Conor McGregor vs Michael Chandler UFC 300

• It’s happening; DC won’t build up this fight unless it was

• DC is talking out his ass, it’s not happening

Results are only viewable after voting.
Having Conor ME 300 with no title fights on the card would be a massive fail, imo.

His last three fights were..

Dustin vs Conor 3. Burns vs WB Co-Main

Dustin vs Conor 2. Hooker vs Chandler Co-Main.

Conor vs Cerrone. Holly vs Rocky Co-Main.

Doing that for UFC 300 is a really bad idea. It’ll sell.. But it would sell just as well for UFC 301. Anything less than 2 title fights at 300 would be a joke, imo.

And I don’t think the UFC want to pay out all those ppv points to champs fighting below Conor. That’s money the UFC could keep for themselves.

Edit.
Had to add more info. And a cpl typos.

Last edited:
DC gave the heads up on Khamzat vs Usman early, so he is getting first/second source of info.

I actually just don’t think it’s going to sell well. Who still cares about Conor McGregor? Even casuals know he’s old and washed. Same for Chandler.

Having Conor ME 300 with no title fights on the card would be a massive fail, imo.

If the UFC could grab a title fight in time, it wouldn't surprise me if they actually had them fight under Conor.

I know that sounds weird, but we're in a weird era right now.

I actually just don’t think it’s going to sell well. Who still cares about Conor McGregor? Even casuals know he’s old and washed. Same for Chandler.
Considering the state of PPV in general, whatever Conor sells is still a win for the UFC, 300 wont be a "stacked" card by sherdog standards.

Conor vs Chandler
Title fight (Not many options left)
Pantoja vs whoever (Probably does not get PPV points)

Last edited:
Main event?
rock-one-eyebrow-raised-rock-staring.gif

If the UFC could grab a title fight in time, it wouldn't surprise me if they actually had them fight under Conor.

I know that sounds weird, but we're in a weird era right now.
I added to my post. Sorry about that.

But paying champs for Conor to ME over is the opposite of making the most profit for the UFC. There’s a reason they don’t put title fights under Conor.

Conor vs Cowboy was one of the biggest selling PPVs. I gotta think Chandler vs McGregor is bigger…

Although imagine if UFC said fuck all and just did Islam vs Conor at UFC 300 lol.

If they where doing Conor v Islam, you better believe they would be hyping it like fuck already
I would rather have anyone but Chandler, his groveling is pathetic, but it will be him for Conor. I think Diaz will be next provided Conor wins.

If Conor wins very easily? then a title shot would likely be next

Conor vs Cowboy was one of the biggest selling PPVs. I gotta think Chandler vs McGregor is bigger…

Although imagine if UFC said fuck all and just did Islam vs Conor at UFC 300 lol.
I can see that with Chandler vs olive 2 as the comain.

Back