Microsoft acquires Zenimax Entertainment for $7.5 billion

d5a1054d9f87e586bd4cf70d3ad74f15.gif
I’ll be able to play a better version of it on my PC, I’m good.

BRB gotta hop into another run of Returnal, wanna finish that before Ratchet & Clank.

Also said there would be exclusives from the deal but the established IP’s would likely stay multiplat. If ES and Doom end up just on Microsoft platforms then I’ll admit I was wrong.

I’m actually capable of that unlike Mick.

I’ll be able to play a better version of it on my PC, I’m good.
On your 15" screen, LMFAO.
Also said there would be exclusives from the deal but the established IP’s would likely stay multiplat. If ES and Doom end up just on Microsoft platforms then I’ll admit I was wrong.

I’m actually capable of that unlike Mick.
Funny, I've never once entered any thread and thrown a tantrum because Sony announced an exclusive.

On your 15" screen, LMFAO.

Funny, I've never once entered any thread and thrown a tantrum because Sony announced an exclusive.
On my 55” LG OLED lmao.

You talk an immense amount of shit for someone who volunteers nothing of their own personal information. Show us your set up and try not to lie this time.

On my 55” LG OLED lmao.

You talk an immense amount of shit for someone who volunteers nothing of their own personal information. Show us your set up and try not to lie this time.
Sony fanboy hears an exclusive is announced to Xbox and PC
Brzu.gif

Subsequently pretending to be a PC gamer who wouldn't care if an exclusive was announced to Xbox because he belatedly realizes what this conveys...
tenor.gif

Sony fanboy hears an exclusive is announced to Xbox and PC
Brzu.gif

Subsequently pretending to be a PC gamer who wouldn't care if an exclusive was announced to Xbox because he belatedly realizes what this conveys...
tenor.gif
What I thought. Enjoy that poverty set up lol.

{<huh}

How can a game that’s not even announced yet have a rating.

On a side note, I hope this is real. And I hope it’s a reboot of Quake 1 with a campaign.
Quakecon starts today so it very well could be announced.

Quakecon starts today so it very well could be announced.

Actually following some of that Twitter discussion, the most accepted theory is that this is just going to be a straight port of Quake 1 to present day consoles similar to the re-releases that Doom/Doom II/Doom 3 all got in 2019 for Switch/PS4/Xbone. Probably to mark 25 years since Quake 1 similar to those releases being roughly half way between the 25th anniversaries of Doom 1 and Doom 2.

Also came across this @Dizzy talking about a leak about the upcoming Quakecon schedule, this was mistakenly posted for some thing called “Let’s Talk Quake” scheduled for Saturday morning:

https://www.pcgamer.com/quakecon-20...Y2elBrZjdrbEZ2RUV6TjhYUkdNa1BDS1ZXSkFybUJXRjU.

. "Quake is back, in this special stream John Linneman from Digital Foundry talks to Jerk Gustafsson of Machine Games about the title's iconic legacy and what it meant to both of them. The pair will also discuss the additional content Machine Games have contributed to this revitalized edition."

John Linneman at DF is probably my overall favourite YouTube personality when it comes to video games. He may not be as funny as say Gmanlives or Civvie, but the guy as an absolute encyclopedic knowledge of all things related to video games and a ton of respect for the classics, so I couldn’t think of a better person to cover this first.

Though I note that the link I posted says this “Let’s Talk Quake” thing is supposed to be Saturday, I’m looking at a quakecon schedule right now that says it should be Friday morning actually. Guess we’ll see.

Actually following some of that Twitter discussion, the most accepted theory is that this is just going to be a straight port of Quake 1 to present day consoles similar to the re-releases that Doom/Doom II/Doom 3 all got in 2019 for Switch/PS4/Xbone. Probably to mark 25 years since Quake 1 similar to those releases being roughly half way between the 25th anniversaries of Doom 1 and Doom 2.
Laaame, maybe that’ll come with another announcement of a new title.

Laaame, maybe that’ll come with another announcement of a new title.

As long as it’s reasonably priced I’ll probably pick it up for PS5. Or if it’s day one on Gamepass (likely) I’ll grab it for my Series X. But either way I’ll support it as:

1. I love all things ID software to varying degrees, and I loved Quake 1 even if I didn’t love it as much as I loved Doom 2 and Quake 2 back in the day; and

2. Maybe they want to gauge sales on this as part of a decision to reboot the franchise or not with new entries (not including Quake Champions).

I’d love to see the Quake franchise get the Doom 2016/Eternal treatment. If they do my preference would be for it to be handled directly by ID, but I’ve heard good things about the new, rebooted Wolfenstein franchise (though I have yet to actually play any of them - they’re in the backlog) so I’m sure they’d give it the respect and TLC it deserves.

I haven’t played Quake champions yet because I don’t have a gaming rig, and also multiplayer only games aren’t really my thing anymore as I don’t have any friends to play with anymore like I did in the late 90s when I was in high school.

LMAO, and he tried to save face today with this:

"Xbox, PC, and Game Pass."

Derp, Tom. We all already knew that Microsoft was done doing "full" exclusives on Xbox. Every single first-party game they publish goes straight to PC. Where is Game Pass, again, Tom? Oh, that's right: exclusively on Xbox and PC. Until that changes, the specific language you highlighted indicates Bethesda will only be available on...Xbox, PC, and Xbox/PC.

Today all but confirmed it. Bethesda is now a console-exclusive studio. No Playstation, no Switch.

source.gif

75838588.jpg

Wow, I’m definitely surprised ES is going to be 100% exclusive, no timed release, nothing. Especially given all the inconsistent messaging since this was announced.

Legitimately one of the scummiest moves I’ve seen in gaming with this acquisition. Taking long established open platform franchises and putting them behind a paywall.

Wow, I’m definitely surprised ES is going to be 100% exclusive, no timed release, nothing. Especially given all the inconsistent messaging since this was announced.

Legitimately one of the scummiest moves I’ve seen in gaming with this acquisition. Taking long established open platform franchises and putting them behind a paywall.

Very surprising. I planned on getting it for PC either way though so I don't really care one way or the other.

Tbf, Morrowind was a Xbox/PC exclusive.. Oblivion a xbox timed exclusive.. the only title in the series with no distinct association with Xbox was Skyrim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back