Modern Warfare/Warzone (Call of Duty, 2019)

Rate your interest in a Season 7 for the MW reboot

• Total voters
I heard it's campy is this true? I like to play more of a run and gun style

Every COD game is campy as fuck for the first few weeks.

Players are unfamiliar with the maps and try to find good "spots" instead of good routes. Give it time. There will always be campers, but the launch is always the worst of it.

I bought it. First time buying any Call of Duty game. Only played the initial mode where you go 1v2 or 2v2 and love it so far. Soon as updates are complete, I intend on going wild.

I bought it. First time buying any Call of Duty game. Only played the initial mode where you go 1v2 or 2v2 and love it so far. Soon as updates are complete, I intend on going wild.

Mountain Dew for days and nights, brother! Cheers!

Someone with an undiagnosed mental illness made these maps.

MW reboot is killing it. Raked in over 600M USD in first 72 hours of release and record-set elsewhere.
  • It’s the top selling “premium” (ie. $60) game of 2019.
  • It’s the best digital opening in Activision history.
  • It’s the best-selling COD launch on PC ever.
  • It’s the most digitally pre-ordered game on PS4 ever.
  • It sold the most digital copies in three days on PS4 ever.
  • It has more total hours played and total players than any COD in six years.
  • …the $600 million “opening weekend” more than doubled the opening of Joker.

Thats just insane. I dont see any game beating that this gen.

Only GTA, the biggest game in the world, could destroy that. Didnt GTAV do a billion in 3 days or something in 2013. But this game deserves it for the SP. MW2 is still the top of the pile though with MW close behind, with this maybe in the top 5.

I want it, but I also dont want to spend $60 for a 5 hr single player campaign

I havent bought a COD for 4+ years. My primary complaint with the MP was blatant hacking, too much run and gun, and mismatched weapons.

Run and gun becomes an arcade game. I want to be able to use strategy and have long battles, not die every 10 seconds.

Always pissed me off when you are holding a machine gun, and you're two feet from a sniper. The sniper can raise and blind fire to kill you faster than you can pull the trigger on your MG.

Run and gun killed a real sniper class, and no scope kills keep it in the game.

Just got it in the mail earlier today, haven't started it yet, but gonna now dedicate my night to it, got the Skittles and Beer ready. I'll start on the single player campaign before any online, hoping for a very good story.

This is bullshit . I'm trying to do the MP challenges. I got all 10/10 finishing moves executed and it still say's 0/10. I've tried resetting and everything. It also took back another challenge i completed for planting bombs it now says 0/5. This is major BS .. gotta contact IW/Activision .

i cant play the co-op mode says I have to download something I think it was spec ops mode, but I cant find that in the store I dont really like the fast pace and ttk hate it also that I turn into a corner boom dead, also I hate the spwan system Id spwan facing backward then an enemy is right behind me.

i cant play the co-op mode says I have to download something I think it was spec ops mode, but I cant find that in the store I dont really like the fast pace and ttk hate it also that I turn into a corner boom dead, also I hate the spwan system Id spwan facing backward then an enemy is right behind me.
What platform, brother? I recall Survival co-op (Special Ops) being under PS4 exclusivity until something 2020 while Operations co-op (also under Special Ops umbrella) not so…perhaps therein the issue?

This is bullshit . I'm trying to do the MP challenges. I got all 10/10 finishing moves executed and it still say's 0/10. I've tried resetting and everything. It also took back another challenge i completed for planting bombs it now says 0/5. This is major BS .. gotta contact IW/Activision .
There is some serious glitching going on with the missions. I did two without any issues, but this third one is being a bastard. It keeps automatically deselecting the mission when I enter a game so none of my progress is being counted. I go in the check after every game is it's deselected again.

I'm on an especially painful step too, where I have to hack claymores using some shitty perk that I don't want to use because it takes away scavenger, so it sucks.

Another glitch I am noticing is that some of the weapons aren't levelling up if you don't use the base version. I did a mission to unlock an MP7, and then started using it non-stop for a while, and none of the XP was counting towards the weapon to unlock camos. Same with the knife. I bought the Precision version so I got a melee knife that really doesn't look much different from the base one, but I selected it in the armory and made a bunch of kills and none of them are counting towards my camo unlocks.

I tell you one thing I figured out though: I am my own worst enemy with this game. When I play conservatively and run an autorifle, I mack MF'ers out there and see top tier results with excellent KDRs. But its in my blood to run and stab and throw knives, so now I am doing that and I am consistently about 0.8 KDR, sometimes better, sometimes worse. Also over the weekend I felt like the game did indeed get a little more campy, but I am still running and gunning and having fun. I've put in over 20 hours and haven't touched the campaign yet.

Last edited:
What platform, brother? I recall Survival co-op (Special Ops) being under PS4 exclusivity until something 2020 while Operations co-op (also under Special Ops umbrella) not so…perhaps therein the issue?
Spec ops sucks, its terrible.

I want it, but I also dont want to spend $60 for a 5 hr single player campaign
Rent it. Finish it in one sitting, and enjoy.

I'm on PS4 when I click the co-op its tell me i need to download that mode

• Nerf the 725 shotgun
  • Stop the character from literally shouting off the top of their lungs “ENEMY SPOTTED”
  • Install dead silence as a perk or don’t make the footsteps so damn loud
  • Nerf claymores

Thanks

Run and Gun has to be done by hugging walls and darting from cover to cover. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you can Run and Gun and maintain a decent KDR, but you can Run and Gun and have a lot of fun.

I was having games where I would walk away with a 4 or 6 KDR regularly, until I switched back to my handgun/throwing knife build, and now I'm dying all the time, but for me it is just so much more fun getting throwing knife kills, especially revenge kills. I just find it more satisfying. Also, obviously just speaking for myself, I play the game to have fun, not to be some competitive dude that gives a crap about leaderboards. So it's easier for me to abandon all care about getting killed and having a negative KDR because I am playing the game my way and getting kills the way I want to. For me, that's what makes it fun.

In that guys video, those fellas didn't know how to properly flank for use stun grenades. They were just running around in the open. Not to take away from him. He's an excellent player. Good vid, thanks for sharing.

Damn the camping in this game ... time runs out on the regular lol

Back