Music you 'dont get'

I would like to think I am a pretty open and accepting guy when it comes to music. I have a wide and eclectic taste in music but their is some sub-genres that are pretty obscure that I just don't fuck or vibe with.

Most noiserap with the exception of a few songs and artists like Moodie Black, Death Grips and clipping.

Most if not all country music. I've found maybe a handful of tracks I like over my entire life that I can jam with and most of it is old like John Denver.

Noise "music" in general. Just to harsh with no cadence, flow, rhythm. Has nothing going for it. I guess people enjoy it for the chaos and intensity but I can go to other music sources for that and still vibe with it and see the value there.

Mainstream modern trap, mumble rap and british grime. All of it is instant NOPE. slowthai and Skepta are the only grime dudes I fuck with..

"Lean" R&B. Sometimes categorized as "Alternative Rap".

I'm a huge fan of R&B, but this shit is a plague. It's the music where some young male, usually, just mumble-sings in the same monotonous, apathetic, droll tone for the entire song over a repetitive electronic loop. Sometimes they rap, and it's an equally half-hearted effort. This is purposeful. The very tone they adopt conveys a sense they aren't trying, like they don't care, but like anything else in life, it's a transparent turn-off, because you immediately ascertain they fear they have zero talent, and are scared to try, so they put up this front that they aren't making an effort to shield the truth that they'd suck even if they gave it their all. 90% of the vocals take place inside of a half octave. Despite our jackass only singing these same four notes over and over he is autotuned throughout the song. The beat underlaying the vocals is mind-numbingly repetitive.

Artists that epitomize this music are Juice Wrld, Travis Scott, Lil Tecca, Lil Skies, Yung Bans.

The only tolerable artists that sometimes delve into this style are Post Malone and Swae Lee, but outside a few songs, I abhor almost everything they make, too.

Deathmetal has some good bands but very few of them try to get out of that sound.
When it comes to DM bands Ive noticed its more common for me to just like an album or two from a group instead of most of their catalog like I do with most other genres.
They also tend to have shitty fan bases.

In all seriousness though as much as I dig heavier music and stuff I cant help but admit it is pretty fucking ridiculous.
I cant help but laugh at people who try to act all extreme and evil and shit.
Also the vocals, you cant make that noise like anywhere else in society and have it be considered acceptable.
Go ahead try it at the drive through, next time you are in a business meeting, a doctors appointment, church, or next time you get pulled over. You are going to get a "wtf?" reaction almost every time.

Anyway I hate mumble rap.

Deathmetal has some good bands but very few of them try to get out of that sound.
When it comes to DM bands Ive noticed its more common for me to just like an album or two from a group instead of most of their catalog like I do with most other genres.
They also tend to have shitty fan bases.

In all seriousness though as much as I dig heavier music and stuff I cant help but admit it is pretty fucking ridiculous.
I cant help but laugh at people who try to act all extreme and evil and shit.
Also the vocals, you cant make that noise like anywhere else in society and have it be considered acceptable.
Go ahead try it at the drive through, next time you are in a business meeting, a doctors appointment, church, or next time you get pulled over. You are going to get a "wtf?" reaction almost every time.

Anyway I hate mumble rap.
At a church that would be fun, douse yourself in holy water (or even drink it) then make those noises.

Happy hardcore is the absolute worst and anyone who listens to it is an awful human being who should be summarily executed.
Never heard of this until today. I just picture someone doing this the whole time.

tenor.gif

My favorite genre is Heavy Metal but I cannot get into Metalcore/Mathcore/Screamo and genres associated with those three. Find the music to be boring and formaulic and especially Metalcore where it seems every single song features shitty clean vocals during the chorus and the breakdowns are horrible.

To be fair, you would probably get a "wtf" reaction if you were to randomly start singing opera in a business meeting or drive thru as well

<Oku02>

I like all music. I can find a song from every genre that I enjoy. Reggae is where my soul is though..

I can "understand" any genre if i listen to it long enough.

autotune
the muh dick muh dick "rappers"
A lot of people slag on Autotune and rightfully so but it does have its place. The other day I did an experiment where I recorded a guitar solo through autotune. I should upload it. As to Autotune having its place I've seen bands use it on some passages during songs and it works but these groups that know how to experiment and use it. Not like a lot of pop artists today whether it be hip hop or not. They use autotune on the vocals and it is smack dab in your face which.

A lot of people slag on Autotune and rightfully so but it does have its place. The other day I did an experiment where I recorded a guitar solo through autotune. I should upload it. As to Autotune having its place I've seen bands use it on some passages during songs and it works but these groups that know how to experiment and use it. Not like a lot of pop artists today whether it be hip hop or not. They use autotune on the vocals and it is smack dab in your face which.

Artists that epitomize this music are Juice Wrld, Travis Scott, Lil Tecca, Lil Skies, Yung Bans.

The only tolerable artists that sometimes delve into this style are Post Malone and Swae Lee, but outside a few songs, I abhor almost everything they make, too.

I agree with you to a certain extent

I think Juice World had some talent. Too bad his life was cut short before we could see where he could go with it RIP

I wasn't a Travis Scott fan at all until that Astroworld album came out. Probably one of my favorite albums of the last 10 years. Saw him in concert back in 2019. Awesome show but I really felt my age LOL

Post and Swae Lee are ok

What style was XXX Tentacion? I legit celebrated when the fucker got shot.

Back