My 6 year old punched/hit someone at school today b/c......

It sounds like your kid handled things accordingly. On the playground a solid punch to the gut generally ends all fights and is very effective. Personally I wouldn't want my kid doing takedowns because the potential for kids hitting their heads on the pavement is too high.

I'm curious as to whether or not the kid who pantsed your kid also got into trouble.

Update. I don’t think anyone really got into much trouble as they shouldn’t. It turns out both boys involved in the situation got over it right away and neither went to tell the teachers. It’s just boys being boys. But some nosey 6 year old girl who wasn’t even involved in the situation went and tattle telled on my kid for hitting someone else. Apparently she hasn’t heard of snitches get stitches. ;)

Also I’m not upset or even make a big deal of this. I just thought it was kind of funny in a way and felt good my kid stood up for himself at least even if physical violence isn’t always the answer. It’s just a rant on Sherdog. Nothing more will come of it at the school.

I tell my nephews to ankle pick any little heathen that does that to them.

Good for him for standing up for himself. Could have been worse for the other kid. Look what just happened to Andy Dick for allegedly grabbing a dudes junk recently.

Well it was in response to being bullied so I think it's fine he stood up for himself.

That aggression could very easily flip the other way where he starts actively hitting other kids though. So you need to tread lightly.

Teach to hit as a last resort, I wouldn't punish nor reward his behavior.

Snowflakes everywhere

If someone does something degrading to your son, he has took the correct action in making sure that it wont happen again by hitting the little fucker, and hopefully it will be a life lesson to the other kid not to do it to anyone else, as he may face the same consequences.

Sounds like he sent a message. Hopefully it pays dividends.

Getting pantsed is what boys do but its humiliating and will happen again if the other kid can get away with it. I think what he did was reasonable but I'm not a parent so don't listen to me.

Getting pantsed is what boys do but its humiliating and will happen again if the other kid can get away with it. I think what he did was reasonable but I'm not a parent so don't listen to me.

No, its not what boys do, its what some fucking asshole does to try and humiliate someone, and fists should be thrown regardless of age, never been pantsed in my fucking life

Pretty normal stuff. I think given the nature of being pants-ed, the response is appropriate. I know in this case both were 6 year old boys, but every child should know that forced nudity is not ok. Pulling down someone else's pants (or your own) crosses over into a serious offence pretty quickly. It shouldn't be trivialized at any age. Physically protecting yourself should be permitted & encouraged.
All three of my kids had protecting themselves incidents fairly young. As a toddler my youngest daughter was removed from a pre-school for biting. The other kid had bitten her before (broke the skin), and was given a second chance. She retaliated when he struck again, and they were both expelled. In this case, she was too young to really talk things out with her, but I made sure she was not discouraged from defending herself. Get away and tell a teacher if you can, but don't take physical abuse.
My oldest daughter was in maybe 2nd grade when a boy hit one of her friends, she threw him down and kicked him. A little different situation. She was told that while it is good to stand up for yourself and your friends, maybe kicking him when he was down was a bit much (even though I secretly approved).
My son maybe doesn't fit the mold of self-defense 100%. He had an ongoing feud with this other boy from like 6th grade to 8th grade. He ended up in a fist fight in the boys room at lunch. It was a scheduled event with a large audience & video being posted on YT. Rightfully suspended and 100% discouraged at home.. We took all his electronics for a month. But I wasn't terribly upset because it is part of growing up.

Sometimes you just have to fuck someone up to put the rest of the kids on notice.

Young man got cred for not punkin’ out.

Might last a lifetime with this peer group.

No, its not what boys do, its what some fucking asshole does to try and humiliate someone, and fists should be thrown regardless of age, never been pantsed in my fucking life
That IS what boys do. We would humiliate each other any way we can. In school when we would hang out before the first class started our buddies would slowly form a circle around any one of us then push the person in so they couldn't get out because they're trapped in an endless cycle of getting pushed from one person to another. It was fucking awful but it could happen to anyone and it was funny if it wasn't you. To get out you had man handle someone. All in good fun, mate.

Last edited:
he got depantsed. Should I be upset with him or proud? I always tell him not to take crap from people but he also got in a little trouble for hitting the other kid. I mean, if you don't want to get hit, don't depants someone on the playground......lesson learned for everyone IMO.

I think maybe I should teach him a hard double leg takedown or a nice trip and throw instead of a hit/punch. At least with a takedown you can just pretend the kids were wrestling and playing at recess.
I think you should tell him it was a prank and not to take a prank so seriously that you get punchy.
There's a step too far with a prank that deserves a punch, but not being able to laugh at yourself is a big problem IMO
<TheDonald>

he got depantsed. Should I be upset with him or proud? I always tell him not to take crap from people but he also got in a little trouble for hitting the other kid. I mean, if you don't want to get hit, don't depants someone on the playground......lesson learned for everyone IMO.

I think maybe I should teach him a hard double leg takedown or a nice trip and throw instead of a hit/punch. At least with a takedown you can just pretend the kids were wrestling and playing at recess.
A depantsing is a sexual assault. He got in trouble for punching the other kid? Are you fucking kidding me?

You should be raising hell with the administration that your son was sexually assaulted.

Next time that kids taking a piss he pulls the kids pants up and goes "RANDYYYY"

That IS what boys do. We would humiliate each other any way we can. In school when we would hang out before the first class started our buddies would slowly form a circle around any one of us then push the person in so they couldn't get out because they're trapped in an endless cycle of getting pushed from one person to another. It was fucking awful but it could happen to anyone and it was funny if it wasn't you. To get out you had man handle someone. All in good fun, mate.

Fucking good job you didnt go my schools then, that would have ended up with a lot of you being a lot less pussified and in touch with the real world, and what happens as an adult if you try and humiliate someone.

No wonder America has so many fucking serial killers, you think humiliating people is acceptable as it is "fun"

Back