Crime New York City Police Need to Be Held Accountable for Rising Crime, Andrew Yang Says

Police in this country 100% need better training. It is simply too easy to be a cop
Nobody is going to work that hard for a dangerous public service job with mediocre pay and a guarantee that someone os going to accuse you of misconduct and have your life destroyed.

lol police do their job you arrested wrong people dont do their job you did no go around and arrested the right people. they cant do their job tdo to dems politicans trying to show world they can do everything when in reality they cant do nothing
This post gave me covid

I took the psych test with some firemen. I mentioned that my voices were confused about some of the questions. They had no sense of humor
Tell me about it .. they are the prima donnas of NY ..

I actually took the fire dept test first and passed the written and physical etc ..(my dad was a 4th battalion fire chief) I had to turn it down because i was donating half my liver to him (colitis chrons disease) 2 days before his surgery he went into full liver failure and went to #1 on the list and got a cadaver liver) By the time i got back to NYFD they said it was too late... 3 days later NYPD called ...

Police in this country 100% need better training. It is simply too easy to be a cop
Not really. Training seems to work for the majority of police officers.

Where we have failed is that it is often very difficult to fire bad cops thanks to certain laws and police unions.

Any talk of national standards is merely a red herring for the real problem. It turns out when you protect shitty workers from being fired, they do a shitty job.

For the rising crimes in NYC according to Yang addressing cultural and racism has to be addressed.
It seems Yang has completely forgotten that NYC' City Council had defunded the police with one Billion cut of its funds.

Source
What a white Privilege Asian virtue singnaler

Holding law enforcement accountable when laws are broken... how crazy is that?

For the rising crimes in NYC according to Yang addressing cultural and racism has to be addressed.
It seems Yang has completely forgotten that NYC' City Council had defunded the police with one Billion cut of its funds.

Source

Thought this was going to be about Jian Yang!

Utterly.

True.

who doesn't need better training? Even you need better training. Now, give me you paw..... roll over....beg....there is a nice Snausage in it for you...there you go!

This post gave me covid
you know i am right. i don't know what is it about democrats but they wnt to be center of attention in everything from criminal justice social justice economic justice and basicly everything but have no clue how to do anything.they go around tell police what to do how to do their job. police does it and then they blame police for arrestingcertain race of people more then anybody else and then LOL moment they say it with straight face on conferences adult blacks are 7% of populations and in jail more then whites and it is alwyas whites.comparison. i mean police does not want arrest anymore like they do now you see demorats coming out of their holes wanting law and order in ne york cali. nobody can keep up with demorats b.s. no more not even they can anymore

Last edited:
-Remove funding from police by 1B.
-Release criminals from prison due to covid
-Give easy sentences all year and tell police arresting black people is racist (even if they are committing lots of crime)
-Crime sky rockets
-Blame the problem on police and racism

This is vintage left logic is a neat little package.
Can’t be more real than this.

It's going to get even easier to be a cop with all of the bs Cops are having to deal with.

This really is the part people don't get. If you make a job more and more undesirable, you get worse and worse people applying for and filling those positions.

Do you think police are intentionally choosing to "stand down" in the face of criminal activity because an ungrateful public is refusing to lick their balls passionately enough?

Most people don't commit criminal activity out in the open. They're sneaky about it.

When you have a more aggressive police presence, and stop more people, and question them, and search them, you catch more people who are committing crimes. But you also violate more rights, limit more freedoms, and raise the risk of confrontations that go badly.

When you have a less aggressive police presence, and stop and question and search fewer people, you have fewer confrontations that go badly, you violate fewer rights, and people are more free. But you also catch fewer criminals, and crime increases.

This is the trade. This has always been the trade. On one end of the scale is totalitarianism, and on the other end of the scale is violent anarchy. The debate is simply about where on the scale you want to be. Pull away from one end, and you pull closer to the other, and vice versa.

The problem is that there are people who think and/or pretend you can maximize both freedom and security. You can't. So people really need to stop acting surprised that an increase of one results in a decrease in the other.

Holding law enforcement accountable when laws are broken... how crazy is that?

Not at all crazy. But you need to be honest about it.

Crime has risen dramatically over the past year. So you need to look at the variables over the past year. What's changed? A reasonable analysis would suggest that those changes would be the most probable explanation for the rising crime rate.

You can't start out by saying you don't like the outcomes you're getting, and then make reforms, and then get outcomes that are twice as bad, and not stop to even consider that maybe the reforms are the culprit. To instead turn around and blame the labour force that you have required to adopt these new procedures (new procedures that many objected to) seems like an awfully convenient bit of scapegoating.

Most people don't commit criminal activity out in the open. They're sneaky about it.

When you have a more aggressive police presence, and stop more people, and question them, and search them, you catch more people who are committing crimes. But you also violate more rights, limit more freedoms, and raise the risk of confrontations that go badly.

When you have a less aggressive police presence, and stop and question and search fewer people, you have fewer confrontations that go badly, you violate fewer rights, and people are more free. But you also catch fewer criminals, and crime increases.

This is the trade. This has always been the trade. On one end of the scale is totalitarianism, and on the other end of the scale is violent anarchy. The debate is simply about where on the scale you want to be. Pull away from one end, and you pull closer to the other, and vice versa.

The problem is that there are people who think and/or pretend you can maximize both freedom and security. You can't. So people really need to stop acting surprised that an increase of one results in a decrease in the other.

You have to go deeper than that. For example violent crime in Canada is low. There's no need to sacrifice freedom via body searches on the street and high police presence because there's less crime to police. Per capita, the US has about twice the number of robberies, assault and homicides. What is it about US society that causes people to commit twice as many violent crimes?

I think there's something to the hypothesis that income inequality is to blame. People who are unintelligent or uneducated can't compete with others organically. So what do they do? They choose to compete in the only way they can: by engaging in a "parallel" economy fueled by crime (drug trafficking) which allows them to accumulate wealth easily in a way they never could have otherwise, but at high risk. The US is a dog-eat-dog society, people who come from nothing have limited options on what they're able to do.

You have to go deeper than that. For example violent crime in Canada is low. There's no need to sacrifice freedom via body searches on the street and high police presence because there's less crime to police. Per capita, the US has about twice the number of robberies, assault and homicides. What is it about US society that causes people to commit twice as many violent crimes?

I think there's something to the hypothesis that income inequality is to blame. People who are unintelligent or uneducated can't compete with others organically. So what do they do? They choose to compete in the only way they can: by engaging in a "parallel" economy fueled by crime (drug trafficking) which allows them to accumulate wealth easily in a way they never could have otherwise, but at high risk. The US is a dog-eat-dog society, people who come from nothing have limited options on what they're able to do.

Oh, I get all that. I wasn't talking in absolute terms. There are countless variables that contribute to crime rates. In this thread we're discussing a single variable, though: Law Enforcement.

It's if we were having a discussion on eating fast food, and I stated that eating more fast food makes you fatter, and eating less fast food will make you less fat. There are all sorts of variables that go into how much fat a person carries, but that doesn't change the fact that no matter how much or how little fat you carry, more fast food is going to make you fatter, and less is going to make you trimmer.

If you are already fat, and you dramatically increase your fast food intake, you will get even fatter.

And if you are trim, and you dramatically increase your fast food intake, you will also get fatter.

Same here. Regardless of what your crime rate is (or why) if you increase policing that crime rate will very likely go down, and if you decrease policing it will very likely go up.

Pointing to the skinny bitch eating a Big Mac doesn't change that.

Is there any evidence that supports this theory?

Tell me about it .. they are the prima donnas of NY ..

I actually took the fire dept test first and passed the written and physical etc ..(my dad was a 4th battalion fire chief) I had to turn it down because i was donating half my liver to him (colitis chrons disease) 2 days before his surgery he went into full liver failure and went to #1 on the list and got a cadaver liver) By the time i got back to NYFD they said it was too late... 3 days later NYPD called ...

One door closes, another opens. I mean, that second door clearly opened out into a back alley where hobos shit, but hey, you made it

Back