NHL final four - Who's going to win the cup?

Who takes it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan Reeves to the Rangers for a 2022 third round pick.

Also Zack Werenski has signed an extension with the blue jackets until 27/28 for £9.58m a year

And since Rangers was mentioned, might have to check how good are these Rangers prospects but first glance this would be amazing trade by Rangers (yes i know its just an alledged offer but If Sabres GM agrees to this)
https://nypost.com/2021/07/29/range...r-filip-chytil-signing/?utm_source=reddit.com
At first glance it would be absolutely stupid for the Sabres to take that offer, but I have no idea what the market for Eichel looks like. I thought the price would be pretty steep.

At first glance it would be absolutely stupid for the Sabres to take that offer, but I have no idea what the market for Eichel looks like. I thought the price would be pretty steep.
But this is Sabres we are talking about they just might do it. All it possibly takes is the owner getting fed up with Eichel and just tells GM to agree to Rangers offer.

You must be hating this, Devils doing very well with their drafting and rebuild, then biggest rival gets gifts like this.

But this is Sabres we are talking about they just might do it. All it possibly takes is the owner getting fed up with Eichel and just tells GM to agree to Rangers offer.

You must be hating this, Devils doing very well with their drafting and rebuild, then biggest rival gets gifts like this.
We will see, but yeah Rangers always seem to get these star players when they are on the market, usually doesn't work out tho. Sadly this time they also lucked into Kakko and Laf and have some decent prospects in general.

I'm not too concerned yet, though. Devils have a very long way to go, the Rangers will be good earlier.

We will see, but yeah Rangers always seem to get these star players when they are on the market, usually doesn't work out tho. Sadly this time they also lucked into Kakko and Laf and have some decent prospects in general.

I'm not too concerned yet, though. Devils have a very long way to go, the Rangers will be good earlier.
Yes Kakko and Laf are important pieces but if they get to keep Chytil while getting Eichel, they can trade Mika and use that trade/extra cap to strengthen other areas. Chytil is first round pick and a center.

Maybe we see Ovie vs Reaves when Wilson is hiding
If Ovie wants to break Gretzky's record I would advise he doesn't try. I'll give him credit though, he's got guts.

Krejci is leaving the Bruins to play in the Czech Republic.

Apparently the Rangers latest offer for Eichel is Jones, Kravstov, Georgiev, and a first. No core pieces, Buffalo would have to be stupid to make that trade.

Last edited:
Krejci is leaving the Bruins to play in the Czech Republic.

Apparently the Rangers latest offer for Eichel is Jones, Kravstov, Georgiev, and a first. No core pieces, Buffalo would have to be stupid to make that trade.
Yeah but its Buffalo so wont be suprised one bit if they do it.

Seems like a really tough situation for everyone. From what I could gather in the Sabres forum:

1. Sabres got lowball offers, likely wanted to trade him before any surgery.
2. Sabres initially recommended to not have surgery, then agreed to a "traditional" one later.
3. Eichel doesn't want the traditional surgery, instead one that has never been done on an NHL player.
4. It's kind of a dumb statement, trying to force something when they can't.

I think the Sabres eventually take a "decent" offer, then Eichel can have his surgery when the new team agrees to it. Personally I wouldn't let him have the surgery before a trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back