Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - October 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. id maybe hedge if the Spurs make it, though. Still think the Cavs are a nightmare match up for the Warriors, Durant or not

Yeah maybe. You get 81 more games to see how they gel (or don't LOL).

No need to hedge now iGnP

This game is ova ! My gamble on Golden State Golden Stating another win after being down by 15 didnt work out

No need to hedge now iGnP

This game is ova ! My gamble on Golden State Golden Stating another win after being down by 15 didnt work out
long season, get em back next time!

By god spurs are killing them.

Wish I went bigger but o well...

Also had Leonard O.33.5 PRA into over 204.5 in jazz game. Jazz game was live bet and $2.35 wow....

NYK +8.5 1st half ($1.50)/spurs &GSW over 104.5 first quarter ($1.87)

Losing bet today are NYK SU and NYK +9.5 into spurs +8.5

long season, get em back next time!
Yep

It worked out so many times last year I'm ok with being burned today

But GS's D really needs to improve or they will lose in the finals

NFL Week 8

I'm gonna post a bit earlier in the week. I find that I talk myself out of good bets and overthink things. I replaced two winners with two losers by doing this last week (more in previous weeks, too)

Carolina Panthers -2.5
New Orleans Saints +3
San Diego Chargers +5
New England Patriots -6.5

Still debating on the last game. Will post when I find something worth betting

Nashville Predators -120 and Predators/Ducks Over 5 goals -125 looks good today.

• Ryan Getzlaf was injured in yesterday's OT loss to the Sharks; he's a game time decision for today.
• Nashville gives up a decent amount of goals, but can also score a lot themselves.
• Anaheim is playing a B2B, which means they won't be as fresh.
• Nashville has had 3 days off, so they're well-rested.

TBH, I like Nashville ML -120 and a small bet on Nashville -1.5 goals +250 the most, but I also like the over as well.

Last edited:
Kind of a funny story. I got a free ticket to play in the million dollar nba tourney last night on dk, was like a $4 buy in so I decided to just play it b/c it's free so why not. Tried to switch it up, didn't play any Cavs or GS players but still ended up in the top 1200 or so out of close to like 300,000 teams, lol.

Funny thing is I don't really follow the nba very closely until playoff time, basically pure luck but got like 40 bucks out of it, so I'm happy. Ironic since I've only been on dk for a bit and a random nba lineup is my biggest cash so far. Also funny since I played the free tourney with the same lineup where they only paid out 250 in prize money and I didn't even get in the money.

Grizzlies are home dogs to the wolves?! What lol. Since when are the Wolves that good? Biting on this. Also on the Pelicans to cover

Grizzlies are home dogs to the wolves?! What lol. Since when are the Wolves that good? Biting on this. Also on the Pelicans to cover

The Wolves opened at +4 and is now -1. Got their moneyline at +125 when they were down to +2.5.

Grizzlies are old man. Marc Gasol is run down and they're limiting his minutes this season. ZBo is old coming of the bench now (it could help tho). Conley is their best player right now going into this game.

You don't believe in KAT? He's going to be a great player and he's pretty beastly now and he does almost everything right. Gorgiu Dieng? Super underrated player and he hits his FTs just like KAT does. They're essentially a twin tower just like Marc/ZBo and they play well together on the floor. Rubio is a long defender he doesn't need to do much on offense other than attack the rim and dish. Zach Lavine is athletic af and Wiggy can put up points.

What don't you like about the wolves? I've always thought the Grizzlies always overachieved with great coaching and excellent defense but man I don't see there's not a huge ceiling for anyone right now.

The Wolves opened at +4 and is now -1. Got their moneyline at +125 when they were down to +2.5.

Grizzlies are old man. Marc Gasol is run down and they're limiting his minutes this season. ZBo is old coming of the bench now (it could help tho). Conley is their best player right now going into this game.

You don't believe in KAT? He's going to be a great player and he's pretty beastly now and he does almost everything right. Gorgiu Dieng? Super underrated player and he hits his FTs just like KAT does. They're essentially a twin tower just like Marc/ZBo and they play well together on the floor. Rubio is a long defender he doesn't need to do much on offense other than attack the rim and dish. Zach Lavine is athletic af and Wiggy can put up points.

What don't you like about the wolves? I've always thought the Grizzlies always overachieved with great coaching and excellent defense but man I don't see there's not a huge ceiling for anyone right now.
As a future team, I love them. I think Kris Dunn is gonna be a phenomenal player and pairing him w Wiggins and KAT is going to make western conference teams shake in their boots for years to come

With that being said, they won 29 games last season. Let that sink in for a second. Their ceiling is through the roof but they need to grow to realize that. The Grizzlies, although missing Parsons and Allen, are a veteran, gritty team that will play hard for 48 minutes and I trust my money w them at home, especially since all they have to do is win. I love your bet but there's def no value on the Wolves at the current line (and w that said, Wolves prob win by 30 tonight lol). I kinda sorta think the hype machine is just a bit out of control w the Wolves, too. They're everyone's darling sleeper pick and I think it is influencing the line a bit

The new NBA rules on DraftKings makes things seem more rushed.

It's a good change, but it sucks if you're busy with work or school one hour before the first game starts. You basically need to keep checking until the very last minute before the first game starts to see if any of your guys are injured and/or get pulled. After that, you just hope for the best like with UFC on DK.

Kind of weird that DK only changed this rule for NBA, but not for NFL or MLB.

Anyway, I have 3 teams for tonight. Here's hoping for the best.

Small bet on Miami.

Small bet on Westbrook O30.5 and was trying to find a line of him MPS for the day but couldn't :/

Looks like Anthony Davis scored 99.5 points on DraftKings, which is outrageous. I wonder if that's the most points anyone has scored on DK.

Anyway, if you didn't have Davis in your lineup tonight, which I didn't, then you won't even have a chance of making any decent money.

Damn Pelicans ruined my perfect season

Well damn... ...I was wrong on the Nashville vs. Anaheim game tonight.

Anaheim just scored 5 goals in the 2nd period. Ducks lead 6-0 going into the 3rd period... lmao!

As a Ducks fan, this is an awesome comeback after losing in OT the night before.

^^ yea I was shocked to see that output. I was against ya on the ml, but only for 1u. Been fading Nashville.

Another 4-0 night for me, kinda insane. Im up over 50 units on nhl season already. (It helps that flyers +400 and flyers +1500 cashed for like half of that

^^ just amazed , not bragging.

I like Montreal -102 for 2.5u today, assuming price is in net (which he should be). Cap it more like -150 at least.

Rockets may be the team to fade again this season. Lose to the Lakers lmfao

Lol cashed again in an nba tourney on dk (only for like 2 bucks but still). I really can't believe they let this shit be legal b/c it's "a game of skill" yet sports betting somehow isn't? I don't know what the fuck I'm doing and still getting lucky filling out a couple random lineups with very little info. Have 2.50 invested tonight in a few different contest, my two day streak probably ends here but was fun while it lasted.

Lol cashed again in an nba tourney on dk (only for like 2 bucks but still). I really can't believe they let this shit be legal b/c it's "a game of skill" yet sports betting somehow isn't? I don't know what the fuck I'm doing and still getting lucky filling out a couple random lineups with very little info. Have 2.50 invested tonight in a few different contest, my two day streak probably ends here but was fun while it lasted.

Shit wont let me play in Idaho anymore for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back